Covid Shot - Yes/No ???

Covid Shots  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/Are you getting a Covid Shot ??

• I have had One
    • I have had Two
    • I intend to get them but haven't (waiting or waiting for my turn)
    • I haven't decided yet - waiting for more data or just waiting
    • I am not getting them
    • There is no such thing as Covid. It's all made up by the media and the Government to control us

• Flanman changed the title to Covid Shot - Yes/No ???
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think when someone says I’m not getting it because I am not at risk their their reasoning is fairly obvious. 

I got the jab not for me, but my 90 year old mum and every other vulnerable person out there. Sad some people can't see beyond themselves... 

I meet all sorts in my job.  As receptionist in our small but busy allied health clinic I get to chat to a broad range of clients and the expression “smile and wave boys, smile and wave” is my motto.

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Not getting it

Im stumbled across a few lately that aren’t planning on getting it.  Mostly country people. Valid reasons. 

• Like 1

Had mine on friday, didn't feel it. I live in a rural area and can't get over how many people my age (50 plus) aren't getting it.My old man is 90 and in laws are in their 80s and none are getting it.

3 hours ago, batman said:

Had mine on friday, didn't feel it. I live in a rural area and can't get over how many people my age (50 plus) aren't getting it.My old man is 90 and in laws are in their 80s and none are getting it.

Only because they have had zero impact. But when Scomo finally opens everything up, they will be the ones in hospital and lasting symptoms. 

but as I said earlier. Its a Personal choice to get it or not. 

people under 50 not getting it, I can sort of understand. But over 70. Ffs. Didn’t they see what happened in Victoria 

Interesting in QLD irrespective of age you can rock up and choose which one you want now.  Had a couple in their 60's on the sunshine coast proudly announcing they were down for the AZ jab but canned that and got Pfizer instead.  I guess that's what happens when Palazcuk does exactly that despite being over 50.

On 14/06/2021 at 7:25 PM, truck said:

Interesting in QLD irrespective of age you can rock up and choose which one you want now.  Had a couple in their 60's on the sunshine coast proudly announcing they were down for the AZ jab but canned that and got Pfizer instead.  I guess that's what happens when Palazcuk does exactly that despite being over 50.

its because they arent booking in to get pfizer for those under 50. 

they should send the pfizer down here where people actually want the vaccine under 50

Just now, Peter said:

its because they arent booking in to get pfizer for those under 50. 

they should send the pfizer down here where people actually want the vaccine under 50

Would be nice if they could send it south.  As a 40 year old I registered interest a week ago and have not heard back.

1 minute ago, Toolish said:

Would be nice if they could send it south.  As a 40 year old I registered interest a week ago and have not heard back.

They should open AZ to anyone.

They should also do a massive push in Victoria for teachers of any age to get Pfizer during the school holidays so schools dont need to keep shutting.  Every teacher I speak to hates online teaching and would prefer the vaccine and be in the rooms with their kids.

Send the unwanted Queensland Pfizer down for the teacher.

14 minutes ago, Peter said:

They should open AZ to anyone.

They should also do a massive push in Victoria for teachers of any age to get Pfizer during the school holidays so schools dont need to keep shutting.  Every teacher I speak to hates online teaching and would prefer the vaccine and be in the rooms with their kids.

Send the unwanted Queensland Pfizer down for the teacher.

I thought they’d run out of doses for newbies and weren’t allowing anyone to book anymore? Keeping what they have for 2nd jabs?

12 minutes ago, truck said:

I thought they’d run out of doses for newbies and weren’t allowing anyone to book anymore? Keeping what they have for 2nd jabs?

you can still book.  Wife booked yesterday and got the pfizer this morning.

Id guess they stopped the walkin for Pfizer for the next 3 weeks and then will allow it again, once everyone who already has pfizer 1st shot gets the second.

Being 50+ with no social life and who works from home most of the time,  I'm not particularly in a hurry either but my local GP (that I've been going to for 10+ years) has started doing covid vaccinations.  Feel much more comfortable being jabbed by somebody who knows me and more importantly knows my medical history.  

2 hours ago, Peter said:

you can still book.  Wife booked yesterday and got the pfizer this morning.

Id guess they stopped the walkin for Pfizer for the next 3 weeks and then will allow it again, once everyone who already has pfizer 1st shot gets the second.

I requested a booking a week ago and still waiting...the joy of being regional

30 minutes ago, Toolish said:

I requested a booking a week ago and still waiting...the joy of being regional

She just called the hotline and went to the Showgrounds here. Simple and fast. 

since they stopped walk-in there is no one going hence why I think they will start them again soon.  

hers a photo of the waiting area after you get it from yesterday 

E19C8C8D-32F8-4CC6-B912-5F8E0FE68E71.jpeg

Chatting to a vic doctor who has 400 people aged over 70 on his list that he is trying to convince that it's safer to have the AZ jab than risk getting CV19 makes for an interesting discussion.  I guess those 400 (and probably lots more) are hoping that the borders stay permanently shut and/or it's up to everyone else to get vaccinated to protect them.

8 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Vaccination is the path out of is, its really the only path way. The USA and UK have done it, so sitting back risks us becoming an incredibly isolated nation with all the benefits/disbenefits.

What is the reason for being anti vax?

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm not in a hurry 

I said a year ago that as a healthy sub-50 year old with no pre-existing conditions my risk from covid is negligible.  Nothing I've seen since then has changed my mind 

I doubt jimbo is an anti vax. 

he just thinks even if its around He will be fine.  

heaps of people like this.  

in Melb a lot Changed their mind fast once an outbreak happened. 

wouldn’t hurt of 300 cases a day in Sydney and Brisbane and some small towns hit between for people to get the vaccine @BarryBevan

10 minutes ago, Peter said:

I doubt jimbo is an anti vax. 

he just thinks even if its around He will be fine.  

heaps of people like this.  

in Melb a lot Changed their mind fast once an outbreak happened. 

wouldn’t hurt of 300 cases a day in Sydney and Brisbane and some small towns hit between for people to get the vaccine @BarryBevan

Lots of people think they will be fine. If we don't get the jag we are staying like this for a long time. I lean towards no jab don't leave house.

Got Pfizer on Monday had similar reaction to Prince, feel okay now

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

Vaccination is the path out of is, its really the only path way

Assuming that you're not expecting the world to return to pre-covid normality then I agree with you.

If people are expecting to get back to pre-covid normality then I think they're going to be badly disappointed.

• Like 1

Have never been anti-vax. More of a reluctant vaxxer. I get the recommended injections before overseas travel, but have never bothered with the flu vax.

Figured I would get the COVID jab eventually, but with Australia being close to COVID free, I wasn't in any hurry.  As soon as Melbourne went into Lockdown IV, I got the Astra Zeneka jab that weekend.  Second jab is booked for August.

I work from home, rarely go out, follow the COVID rules and generally consider myself an extremely low risk of catching COVID.  But the recent Lockdown made me realise how important it was for Australia to reach herd immunity via the vaccine.

Reactions to jab:

- 12 hours after jab (around bedtime) I experienced chills. Even though my body felt hot to touch

- Lasted about 3 hours before I was finally able to doze off.  Woke up an hour later dying of thirst. Must have become dehydrated.

- Another hour later I started feeling too hot.  Got very little sleep that night.

- The next day I felt aches all over as though I had the flu. Not terrible, just uncomfortable.  Took a sick day at work

- 48 hours after the jab, the only remaining issue was a sore arm where I got the jab.  Felt like I'd been bruised from being hit by a cricket ball.  Arm slowly got better over the next 48 hours, after which I couldn't feel any side effects.

- My wife didn't experience any of the above. She just felt tired. Her Garmin showed her resting heart rate was 20 beats higher the next day and took about 3 days to return to normal.

- Neither of us did any training in the 3 days after the jab.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, -- AJ -- said:

Assuming that you're not expecting the world to return to pre-covid normality then I agree with you.

If people are expecting to get back to pre-covid normality then I think they're going to be badly disappointed.

I only got mine in case the foo fighters tour soon.

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, roxii said:

I think when someone says I’m not getting it because am not at risk their their reasoning is fairly obvious. 

I think when someone pretends to know more about my views than I do, it says more about them than it does about me

• Like 1

Guy at work is one of the "I am not at risk" bunch. 

BUT, his wife has Huntingtons Disease and at 50 years old is in a nursing home and steadily getting worse. He visits her a few times a week in that nursing home which is full of much older folks. 

But "he" is not at risk so he is in no hurry to get the jab.  F*cking selfish and/ or delusional if you ask me.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, roxii said:

BUT, his wife has Huntingtons Disease and at 50 years old is in a nursing home and steadily getting worse. He visits her a few times a week in that nursing home which is full of much older folks. 

But "he" is not at risk so he is in no hurry to get the jab.  F*cking selfish and/ or delusional if you ask me.  

Your mission Roxii ,should you choose to accept, is to convince him otherwise

this message will self destruct in 60 seconds 

I was in a line to get my weekly PCR test. Just in front of me was a new Australian ex pat to site. Over 50 and over weight. He was loudly complaining about having to have a PCR test as Covid is just like a cold. Given his attitude he probably is likely to not be vaccinated* and not follow strict mask wearing. He is likely to find out first hand if Covid really is just like a cold.

* This week a new rule was introduced that you can only come to site if you are double vax'd + 14 days or agree to be double vax'd while on site.

The missus and I had ours a few weeks ago and getting #2 in August. We didn't feel it and not one symptom - not even a sore "flu shot" arm. We couldn't get in to our local doctors (limited supply and bookings) so we rang up the medical centre in Camden. They put us in the next day. They have two nurses working and are completing approx 80 per day, just at this medical centre.

BTW, flu shot in a week or two.

FM

1 hour ago, roxii said:

If the residents of said nursing home have not yet been vaccinated given their increased vulnerability, I would suggest that your ire should be more appropriately directed towards the owners of the nursing home 

28 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

If the residents of said nursing home have not yet been vaccinated given their increased vulnerability, I would suggest that your ire should be more appropriately directed towards the owners of the nursing home 

So is what you’re saying, if something goes wrong, blame someone else?

Immunisation panel recommends raising the age for AstraZeneca

By Rachel Clun

Australia’s expert immunisation panel is recommending AstraZeneca should now be given to people over the age of 60.

The update is a change from the current advice from the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation, which recommended the vaccine for people aged over 50.

58 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Even if all the residents have been vaccinated, it doesn't mean that they are all immune to covid. The vaccine may not take in certain people.  

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

By Rachel Clun

Australia’s expert immunisation panel is recommending AstraZeneca should now be given to people over the age of 60.

The update is a change from the current advice from the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation, which recommended the vaccine for people aged over 50.

Feels like another knee jerk reaction thats not going to help peoples lack of confidence in the process.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Peter said:

By Rachel Clun

So for those of us who did get the first jab do we get the 2nd jab or go for a mix’n’match with Pfizer??