2 minutes ago, Merv said:

Can someone please remove this word from the vocabulary ?

One of those stupid HR buzz words that just shits me

But, but, but, that's precisely what I just did when I got home from IM Cairns. :(

• Haha 1

I hate unpacking.   I wish that when I get home from a holiday all my stuff magically gets back into the cupboards all on it's own (washed as well)

I have lost count of how many times we have had to "pivot" since COVID came along.

The only Pivot I am aware of is the fertiliser I used to put down when sowing wheat!!

15 hours ago, iFoz said:

But, but, but, that's precisely what I just did when I got home from IM Cairns. :(

41 minutes ago, Turts said:

I hate unpacking.   I wish that when I get home from a holiday all my stuff magically gets back into the cupboards all on it's own (washed as well)

When I get back from big races it's the last thing that I feel like doing.  I usually have gear everywhere and tend to just leave everything in the suitcases and bags, and then as I use items I put them back where they should be.  It sometimes takes weeks or even months...  It drive's the other half nuts!! :unsure:

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Merv said:

I think we should take a deep dive into this topic and double click on the individual issues. 

18 hours ago, Merv said:

let me unpack it for you.   

Its actually not a HR buzz word. Its a media word. 

Edited by Prince

Read this and you will get a new appreciation of the idiocy of language in corporate speak. 

I simply ask one of two questions ..... "That sounds like management speak. What do you mean .... in plain English?" or "Do you mean [insert English translation of management speak]?".

I have also used a line from John Hewson (to Paul Keating) ..... "You know, that I know, that .... you don't know!!!".

Most people who use this drivel are covering up for the fact that they don't know and don't want to be caught out that they don't know!

IMG_5816.jpg