48 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Elle Goodall. Don't get me started...🤦

I wondered if it was Elle...so I went through Instagram snd found her story...I’d like to hear your view whether it’s here or privately...I have opinions of my own...

39 minutes ago, Peter said:

Is she your cheating friend?

Nah I don't think so.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I wondered if it was Elle...so I went through Instagram snd found her story...I’d like to hear your view whether it’s here or privately...I have opinions of my own...

Send me a message if you like.

On 04/05/2021 at 3:03 PM, Peter said:

Kate B might win this outright. 

Currently 30 minutes behind the leader, 4th overall, with 84km to run. 

I think you're right.

12 hours ago, Peter said:

Is she your cheating friend?

She is an 'influencer'.. with a weight loss story.. got a free ride to Kona i think? previously tried to crowd fund a bike... but dont get us started... 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, pieman said:

She is an 'influencer'.. with a weight loss story.. got a free ride to Kona i think? previously tried to crowd fund a bike... but dont get us started... 😉 

I knew I had her picked right from the start 4 years ago..

And one more thing, is she still able to do the run cause her Insta story has her running...so she can run but it won’t be an official finish maybe?

Rosie through the first marathon in 5:06 and looking strong, as usual 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, -H- said:

Rosie through the first marathon in 5:06 and looking strong, as usual 

Thanks for the update. Do you have any time gaps to Annette in third and to the women behind Rosie?

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

And one more thing, is she still able to do the run cause her Insta story has her running...so she can run but it won’t be an official finish maybe?

Permissible as per race guidelines:

Participant and will be asked to leave the course if they are unable to reach the finish line within 15 minutes after the cut-off time (at the Race Director’s discretion). Athletes may be allowed to continue onto the next stage as a Participant if they cooperate with this request and receive the clearance to do so from event organizers, including medical or monitoring staff if available. Only athletes who have made each cut-off and completed all portions of the course will be designated as a Finisher. The Stage 3 Run course has additional cut-offs at 42km - 6 hours, and 63km - 9 hours. Athletes unable to make these cut-offs will be asked to leave the course. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Yeh she'll just be a participant not a finisher. Certainly easier to complete 84km without the fatigue of 280km in her legs from yesterday. 

57 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

Thanks for the update. Do you have any time gaps to Annette in third and to the women behind Rosie?

Annette is running well, I haven't seen her today but she's getting further ahead 

2 minutes ago, -H- said:

Annette is running well, I haven't seen her today but she's getting further ahead 

Thanks. She has previously run 4:11 for 50km (approx 3:30 marathon pace), so she has a bit more speed than Rosie.

I saw Annette at the ~75km mark just now running alone and looking pretty strong and focused.

• Like 4

Nice work! She would've been running scared as the next female competitor behind her was only about 7mins down the road 💪👍

Kate B must have been passed in the finish shute. 8 seconds between 3rd and 4th. Markcus B ran a 6:57:57 double marathon to do it. Amazing ( only one under 7hrs)

• Like 2

After leading by just 7 minutes going into day 3, Shane Kent ran the double marathon in 7:10 to win by nearly 30 minutes.

Fastest run was 6:57 (4:57/km pace) by third place Markcus Brown.  

Kate B ran 7:25 for her win and placed 4th overall.

Rosie placed 4th woman 20th among the 33 starters.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Kate B must have been passed in the finish shute. 8 seconds between 3rd and 4th. Markcus B ran a 6:57:57 double marathon to do it. Amazing ( only one under 7hrs)

8 seconds separated them on accumulated time.

Assuming everyone started the run at 5:30am, Markcus would have finished the run 28 minutes before Kate. He then would have waited until the Kate (and several of the men) crossed the line to know he had taken third place.

The only way they would have been in the finishing chute together is if the runners started at the time intervals according their accumulated times going into the final day. ie. Shane, the overall leader from Day 2 would have started first, followed 7 minutes later by the competitor in second place on the standings ......all the way back to the slowest competitor starting last.

Edited by Paul Every
  • Thanks 1

Final finisher, David Carroll, crosses the line about 4 minutes inside the run cut-off. 

He was actually last to finish each day, 28 minutes under the swim cut and 16 under the bike cut. His run pace from 42 km to 63km had him on track for a DNF, but he picked up pace to make it home.

Credit to him and his crew.

• Like 1

PS sorry for the late update, flat phone and had a couple of beers at the finish 😁 🍻 

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, pieman said:

Interesting 

I didn’t know her story but I was wondering why she was riding a $20k shiv disk 

Rosie won the Craig Percival "Be Phenomenal" award - I guess no surprises there but still amazing to be here with her 😍 

• Like 9

Well done to everyone who did it. I must say that crewing for my mate Cam was one of the better things I've done in triathlon.

The distances are mind blowing and I saw first hand the mental strength required for it, particularly backing up each day and then of course the second marathon. 

Pacing the run was also a great way to get some great aerobic running training done for Cairns!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 10/05/2021 at 8:51 AM, pieman said:

I don’t have a problem with her at all. Even crowd funding a new bike. Good idea, IMO. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/05/2021 at 10:23 PM, Andrew #1 said:

I don’t have a problem with her at all. Even crowd funding a new bike. Good idea, IMO. 

There's so much more going on that people fail to see. It's so wrong.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...