The I’ve had the vaccine thread and questions

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so that was painless. First shot done. Booked in for second in 12 weeks.  See how the next few days go. 

You must have got the 5P chip not the 5G one  

If I could ran 9km @ 4.55 it would be a bloody miracle.

Posted Images

On 07/05/2021 at 12:50 PM, truck said:

If the efficacy rate is 50% as they say then you might want to find something else just in case...

You might be thinking of Sinovac. As above, Sinopharm is around 80. I've seen other articles with more in depth stats and the one I quite like was that it's been 100% effective against hospitalizations. Still not the greatest but no other option at the time. 

Edited by Plazbot
  • Like 1

Ok so that was painless. First shot done. Booked in for second in 12 weeks. 
See how the next few days go. 

• Like 7

So 12 hours later I would probably describe how I feel as how you feel when a cold/flu is coming on. 
Started feeling tired about 6pm then started to feel a bit of a chill so rugged up took a Panadol and it’s a lot better. 
Nothing bad just a little uncomfortable. 

22 minutes ago, roxii said:

So 12 hours later I would probably describe how I feel as how you feel when a cold/flu is coming on. 
Started feeling tired about 6pm then started to feel a bit of a chill so rugged up took a Panadol and it’s a lot better. 
Nothing bad just a little uncomfortable. 

Fascinating.  I honestly never had an issue. My mum got it Friday and she’s 76. She’s been fine too. 

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

Fascinating.  I honestly never had an issue. My mum got it Friday and she’s 76. She’s been fine too. 

You’re in the 10% that don’t gain immunity...😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well that was a hell of a night. Had fever and chills, needed to sleep in trakkies and a jumper and was still struggling. 

This morning was feeling a bit better till I got in the shower, the heat nearly made me pass out. Had to get out of the shower and lie on the cold floor for a while. Wasn't sure if I was going to pass out or throw up. While I was there my hands were "buzzing" which was pretty freaky. 

I'm at work but don't think Ill last long though. 

• Sad 1
42 minutes ago, roxii said:

Well that was a hell of a night. Had fever and chills, needed to sleep in trakkies and a jumper and was still struggling...

Hope you're better soon.

This is why I'm waiting til after IM Cairns before I get jabbed.

46 minutes ago, roxii said:

Well that was a hell of a night. Had fever and chills, needed to sleep in trakkies and a jumper and was still struggling. 

This morning was feeling a bit better till I got in the shower, the heat nearly made me pass out. Had to get out of the shower and lie on the cold floor for a while. Wasn't sure if I was going to pass out or throw up. While I was there my hands were "buzzing" which was pretty freaky. 

I'm at work but don't think Ill last long though. 

Gees.  Not good.  If its too bad,  play the safety first card and get somebody to drive you home.  

Currently juggling my clothing. Came into the office freezing and put a fleece and a jacket on, now I am in a tshirt and sweating.  Maybe is Manopause :lol: 

• Haha 2

If it's menopause for women, it must be womenopause for men!

Not covid related, but after going to see some bands Saturday night I've developed one hell of a cold!  Knocking me for 6 at the moment.  Had nothing all last year.  Aren't they saying when people get sick this year it's hitting hard because of last year's distancing, we haven't gotten all the viral stuff into our system we usually get which toughens our immune system up?

1 hour ago, iFoz said:

This is why I'm waiting til after IM Cairns before I get jabbed.

So you might miss a day’s training which is going to have a material negative impact on your result?  But you’ll likely have a significant resistance against a COVID-19 infection as compensation. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, goughy said:

If it's menopause for women, it must be womenopause for men!

Not covid related, but after going to see some bands Saturday night I've developed one hell of a cold!  Knocking me for 6 at the moment.  Had nothing all last year.  Aren't they saying when people get sick this year it's hitting hard because of last year's distancing, we haven't gotten all the viral stuff into our system we usually get which toughens our immune system up?

I get the latest version of germs regularly home delivered via the day care kids. I didn't miss out on last years bug and I've already had this years  🙄

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Currently juggling my clothing. Came into the office freezing and put a fleece and a jacket on, now I am in a tshirt and sweating.  Maybe is Manopause :lol: 

sounds like the flu?  maybe its not vaccine related? but how do you tell? 

In a day or so when the worst of its gone..... that's how you tell.

12 minutes ago, Prince said:

sounds like the flu?  maybe its not vaccine related? but how do you tell? 

I had the flu shot 3 weeks ago! 

It feels like its on the improve, where if it was flu I assume after just 24 hours Id be getting worse not better. 

1 minute ago, roxii said:

It feels like its on the improve, where if it was flu I assume after just 24 hours Id be getting worse not better. 

oh dear, well i am definitely going to wait until after Cairns. I will be struggling enough without missing a few days due to the vaccine 

10 hours ago, roxii said:

What would be interesting, but obviously hard to compile, is how the reaction to the vaccination correlates to infection response.

We already know that when infected some people have mild symptoms, while other go on to needing ICU - or worse - and it would be interesting to know if a strong response to the vaccine means you were a candidate for a strong response to infection.

10 minutes ago, Yogi Bearista said:

What would be interesting, but obviously hard to compile, is how the reaction to the vaccination correlates to infection response.

We already know that when infected some people have mild symptoms, while other go on to needing ICU - or worse - and it would be interesting to know if a strong response to the vaccine means you were a candidate for a strong response to infection.

Yeah would be interesting. I also read today that they think people who already had contracted covid has a worse response to the vaccine. Now I never got tested but January 2020 as covid was just becoming a thing I contracted a real nasty flu from staying at a rellos place in Qld , they had another friend staying there as well and he was really unwell with the flu, turned out he worked at the international airport in Sydney, dealing mainly with Asian passengers. So could be I had already got it before it really kicked off. Who knows. 
Anyway feeling a lot better now just a dull headache remaining. As uncomfortable as the last 24 hours has been I’m still glad I got the shot.  Taking us all that one step closer. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Yogi Bearista said:

What would be interesting, but obviously hard to compile, is how the reaction to the vaccination correlates to infection response

Or even reaction when the vaccination is given shortly after a flu shot or other vaccination.  Would a strong response mean that your body hadnt sufficiently recovered from the first jab before you stressed it out again.

25 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Or even reaction when the vaccination is given shortly after a flu shot or other vaccination.  Would a strong response mean that your body hadnt sufficiently recovered from the first jab before you stressed it out again.

I haven’t had the flu injection for the last 3 years.  

but unlike roxii, no flu injection, but zero symptoms like he has had

4 hours ago, roxii said:

Yeah would be interesting. I also read today that they think people who already had contracted covid has a worse response to the vaccine. Now I never got tested but January 2020 as covid was just becoming a thing I contracted a real nasty flu from staying at a rellos place in Qld , they had another friend staying there as well and he was really unwell with the flu, turned out he worked at the international airport in Sydney, dealing mainly with Asian passengers. So could be I had already got it before it really kicked off. Who knows. 
Anyway feeling a lot better now just a dull headache remaining. As uncomfortable as the last 24 hours has been I’m still glad I got the shot.  Taking us all that one step closer. 

Bit similar to you - and same response as three of the guys I work with. Each of us injected late am with AZ, feel good all day, no issues or soreness in injection site until either very late in the day (or midnight when I got woken up feeling like an autopsy). 

Then - hot and cold sweats, no sleep, gobbling paracetamol, RHR up over 70 overnight. 24 hours later I started to come good after working from bed and looking up the LD50 for paracetamol. Would have to have taken 380+ tablets, I believe.  Still a little weak 48 hours later but all good after that. 

Two are coaches, one is an osteo. We're guessing we've all had some exposure - whether athletes, clients, or phs My wife had AZ and no  effects at all on first shot but was flat for a week after the second one, my father and parents in law have both had their first one with no effects - father in Oz, PILs in Sweden. I think exposure comes into it - SGA cases in Australia, then rural Sweden where social distancing is a thing before you even factor in self-isolation. Gosta did manage to get hunting season in though!

As Roxii says, worth doing it as it brings everyone closer to some form of normality. I bloody want to get back to Oz to see my family. Watching stage 3 cancer and chemo through a phone screen is ****ed. Not that it would be better to be there, but we'd be there. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, altayloraus said:

As Roxii says, worth doing it as it brings everyone closer to some form of normality. I bloody want to get back to Oz to see my family. Watching stage 3 cancer and chemo through a phone screen is ****ed. Not that it would be better to be there, but we'd be there. 

Anyway just a dull headache today and a tender spot on my arm, but my phone reception is much better.   :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@more I edited my comment and hid yours as I shouldn't have brought that into this thread and I don't want to derail this thread.  Hope thats OK.  

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Anyway just a dull headache today and a tender spot on my arm, but my phone reception is much better.   :lol: 

Yeah but can you see through time yet?

3 hours ago, roxii said:

Interesting as I heard the chip in your arm isnt activated until you get the second injection

2 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

I heard when IOS 13 is released

Funny, I just looked at my phone and it says I have a software update available!  

• Haha 2
37 minutes ago, roxii said:

Funny, I just looked at my phone and it says I have a software update available!  

Careful mate, next you'll start chirping away like R2D2!

On 11/05/2021 at 1:02 PM, Peter said:

Hong Kong paying people about $20 aud for getting the vaccine.  

Here in Mongolia they are paying people about $20 for each shot. The average annual wage here would be less than $10,000.

Over 60% of the population has had their first jab.

Well, we rang our GP and are both up for our first AstraZeneca next Wed !  Thought it would take much longer to get vaccinated out here in the 'bush'.

Our youngest is up for her first Pfizer today as part of the Oly team & staff program.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Second Pfizer yesterday. Appears IN am in the 20% who have some 'blah' symptoms after the second one. Stonking headache during he night, chills and sweats all night. Nausea. Still feeling cruddy today. Wasn't keen once I was eating breakfast but am starving now. Hopefully it doesn't last long. Feel shite. 

On 12/05/2021 at 4:47 PM, Peter said:

I’ve now had a

day 1

day 3

day 8 survey 

im impressed. 

A381CD65-3BC2-4643-9629-53472B0BC660.png

Peter, where did you get your jab? State run centre or GP immunization hub? I went to the later a couple of weeks ago for my first AZ jab and received nothing following up how I am.

44 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Peter, where did you get your jab? State run centre or GP immunization hub? I went to the later a couple of weeks ago for my first AZ jab and received nothing following up how I am.

Jeff’s shed. 

17 hours ago, Katz said:

Second Pfizer yesterday. Appears IN am in the 20% who have some 'blah' symptoms after the second one. Stonking headache during he night, chills and sweats all night. Nausea. Still feeling cruddy today. Wasn't keen once I was eating breakfast but am starving now. Hopefully it doesn't last long. Feel shite. 

We had our first A-Z two weeks ago at 2.30pm.

I woke up at midnight with chills, aches & pains, headache.  Felt crap till about 4pm.  My wife had similar but much milder.

On Sunday I swam my fastest swim set in about 8mths, took 15secs off my 400m time and held all my 100s at fast times.

Have told our daughter at the AOC to get the team on the A-Z train ASAP as it is performance enhancing.

• Haha 2
Posted (edited)

Victoria has 4,500,000 over the age of 18 years old in total to vaccinate. 

hopefully this is our last lockdown if people keep stepping up. 

Hawaii using the number of 70% to stop restrictions. 

so just over 3 million needed to have vaccine using rough guesses. 

BD0BD8F5-C79A-4375-B83B-ABAD210D4DCA.jpeg

Edited by Peter

I had my first AZ shot last month - basically as soon as the local COVAX clinic opened.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm a placebo control test subject - absolutely no reaction what-so-ever - not even a noticeably sore arm - I've hurt it more bumping into a doorway at home.

My sister on the other hand, was spewing her guts up the entire day following, and then it magically went away the 2nd day after.

27 minutes ago, Yogi Bearista said:

I had my first AZ shot last month - basically as soon as the local COVAX clinic opened.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm a placebo control test subject - absolutely no reaction what-so-ever - not even a noticeably sore arm - I've hurt it more bumping into a doorway at home.

My sister on the other hand, was spewing her guts up the entire day following, and then it magically went away the 2nd day after.

Exactly the same . I was in bed same evening waiting for the side effects, but nothing 

2 hours ago, Yogi Bearista said:

Mate I was the same too. Nothing. It could be nothing given we are all clearly elite athletes. 

On Friday I reached 14 days post second vaccination (Sinopharm). This means that I can travel and enter "restricted" locations like hotels, gyms, bars, night clubs, some restaurants etc. To enter I have to show my QR code which they scan.

There is still a lot of Covid in Ulaanbaatar. While I would like to go the gym I am avoiding any risky locations.

I am in my hotel room waiting for a PCR test. If I pass I will be able to fly to Australia on Monday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1