The I’ve had the vaccine thread and questions

Okay. So I’m getting the AZ Tuesday afternoon now.  

those that have had it, were you able to train after?  I ask as I usually do a Tuesday night Track session.  

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so that was painless. First shot done. Booked in for second in 12 weeks.  See how the next few days go. 

You must have got the 5P chip not the 5G one  

If I could ran 9km @ 4.55 it would be a bloody miracle.

Posted Images

I had Pfizer but no issues for me training however, most of my training these days is running, so nothing on my arms. My arm was was very sore for about 12-15hrs and that started about 12hrs after my jab.  I had my jab at 8.20am, so most of my soreness was overnight.

If it had been swimming, weights or on the TT bike, might have been a different story.

Mrs FP had the AZ jab about 10 days ago with zero issues, not even a sore arm. Out of the people I know that have had it, about 50% experienced nothing and 50% some side effect, mostly headaches.

I know three people that had an adverse reaction, ie were sick for a few days. They were all female and all quite overweight, I know one takes a lot of meds for other things, not sure about the other two.

Overall, headaches for a couple of days with AZ seems to be the most common issue that I know of from speaking with folks directly.

Edited by FatPom
  • Thanks 1

I haven't had it yet, but a friend of mine (53yo female cop/triathlete) has been sick for a couple of weeks after having it - too sick to train.  Maybe it's not related to the jab but the timing is right.  

I had AZ early in the morning, literally didn't even feel the jab.  Was fine all day.  Woke up next day with a headache that Panadol took care of, but fatigued like I'd been hit by a truck.  Couldn't work the next day at all (not tooting my own horn at all, but it takes a lot to keep me out of work for any entire day).  Next day I was fine, but while I didn't get a sore arm at all, the injection spot got sore after a couple of days and stayed that way for more than a week.  

• Thanks 1

They booked my second immediately after my jab.  You have to wait 15mins after getting it, or if a particular high risk category (can't remember what it was, but not talking about clots) had to wait 30mins before leaving.  I went to a vaccination clinic, not our doctors.

2 hours ago, -H- said:

I haven't had it yet, but a friend of mine (53yo female cop/triathlete) has been sick for a couple of weeks after having it - too sick to train.  Maybe it's not related to the jab but the timing is right.  

My student nurse daughter had the Pfizer on a Wednesday afternoon and organised her days off in case she got sick, well she didn’t get sick until the day she was going back to work. She was really unwell for a good couple of weeks. Had her second shot last week and no side affects this time other than a sore injection site.

My eldest is also a nurse snd had no side affects what so ever.

Edited by Ronnie

38 yo. Astra Zeneca shot on a Friday. Back on Zwift same night and over the weekend. No noticeable HR vs power changes. (I was still pretty mediocre!)

I had a nap during the day on the Saturday which I never do, that was the only real thing I noticed.

• Like 1

I've known 3 people to have AZ shot so far.

Person 1 - M - similar age to you Peter - first shot only - no side effects, but not living a particularly active lifestyle

Person 2 - 45 F nurse - had some side effects from first shot mainly feeling sore and tired, second shot was the one that layed her out for a week

Person 3 - 70 YO male - first shot only - day after couldn't get out of bed, was fine the day after that.  In his own words "I went back to my usual aches and pains"

I think it is different for everyone, have your work and affairs in a state to hand over to someone else, haven't heard of anyone taking more than a week

My wife has had both shots of the Pfizer vaccine, 40yrs old. Had no issues after the first but had a bad fever, headaches,  aches and pains after the second for 2 days, about half in her department had a similar experience 

9 hours ago, Limited said:

My wife has had both shots of the Pfizer vaccine, 40yrs old. Had no issues after the first but had a bad fever, headaches,  aches and pains after the second for 2 days, about half in her department had a similar experience 

Both shots?  What length gap did they have between them?  Over here it's 12wks.

7 minutes ago, FatPom said:

My mum and my FIL both had an adverse reaction to the 2nd Pfizer jab in the UK. Both ended up in bed for a few hours feeling very average - apparently it’s quite common for Pfizer in the 2nd jab, similar with AZ but on the first (according to some ‘expert’ this morning on the Tav (so it must be true 😄). 

Having said that they can’t believe the carry on over here and reluctance to get vaccinated - which I guess is what you get when you’ve had the UK experience. Basically the message was a clear HTFU and get on with it. 

31 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Yeah both shots. 3 weeks between shots. I think they recommend 12 weeks between shots for AZ

I thought Pfizer needed about 4 weeks between shots, but AZ is 3 months.

52 minutes ago, Limited said:

Yeah both shots. 3 weeks between shots. I think they recommend 12 weeks between shots for AZ

Ah I see.  I had my first one about March 18th, so hope to get my call up for the 2nd one soon.

I had both Pfizer by 8 April as had my wife.  I had a few hot flush kind of things but resolved quickly.  Wife had lots and a cracking headache. Both of us had sore arms just like post flu shot.  

Anecdotally, I reckon I have quizzed circa 80-100 work colleagues and fellow Em Serv types about how they have faired (all Pfizer).  I know one male around 40 who got admitted to ED after feinting in post jab recovery, but generally men have bugger all issues.  Women don’t seem to fare as well but nothing that doesnt resolve in a few days.  Worked with a girl in late 4Os who had bad full length arm rash and swelling in jab arm, missed 3 days work.  Women seem to say they get severe headaches and fevers but maybe this is just their version of our Man Flu and now they actually understand.  Rumours that approx 50% rostered after jab have a sickie abound, but we are public servants so find that low anyway 😂

Edited by Diamonds.
On 02/05/2021 at 4:28 PM, Peter said:

Okay. So I’m getting the AZ Tuesday afternoon now.  

those that have had it, were you able to train after?  I ask as I usually do a Tuesday night Track session.  

I had my AZ jab on a Thursday and didn’t train at all that day. I rode 75k on the Fri then a hard parkrun followed by a 5k swim on the Sat, then 85k ride, 5 ROTB and 2k swim on the Sunday. Felt fine the whole time, no effects at all. I’ve been told if I don’t have a problem with the 1st jab I won’t for the 2nd either.

When you get the jab they will book in your 2nd jab, about 12 weeks 👍Hopefully get my normal yearly flu shot in a few weeks time too

Edited by Mike Del
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, chris said:

Tried to book In today but it’s not that easy to do so 

You don’t need it in WA.  You’ll never be open long enough for cases to ever get in there. 

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Peter said:

You don’t need it in WA.  You’ll never be open long enough for cases to ever get in there. 

Why would anyone in WA want to leave the greatest state in Australia? Keep the borders closed. We have everything we need - lots of jobs, booming economy, awesome beaches, best beer in Australia, best climate, Mark McGowen, best 70.3 and IM in Australia*. 😀

* Says the guy who left WA 7 months ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ironnerd said:

Why would anyone in WA want to leave the greatest state in Australia? Keep the borders closed. We have everything we need - lots of jobs, booming economy, awesome beaches, best beer in Australia, best climate, Mark McGowen, best 70.3 and IM in Australia*. 😀

What vaccine did you use to eradicate the liberal party in WA..?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

Forgot to mention Shark attacks and suicidal Quokkas

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Well as of 2pm I have had the 5G chip installed.

Didnt feel the needle at all.  Then 3 minutes later it felt like someone punched me in the arm.

Done at Jeff’s shed.  No one there. 

664DC3C4-A638-4F38-83E2-E225DFFEB58A.jpeg

01FFCD0C-345E-4684-87F2-6321986792D1.jpeg

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1
Just now, Peter said:

Didnt feel the needle at all.  Then 3 minutes later it felt like someone punched me in the arm.

Well that was the same with my flu shot, literally did not feel the needle, but that night rolled onto left arm and woke myself up. 

So do you now get hyper aware of "blood clot" symptoms. 

Just now, roxii said:

So do you now get hyper aware of "blood clot" symptoms. 

Yeah. Fake headaches already.  Haha. 

10 minutes ago, Peter said:

On a scale of 1 to Tetanus - it sounds ok.

29 hours since jab. 

Well zero side effects so far. 
No headaches. 
No high temp
Slept well last night. 

No exercise today.  Mainly because I’ve been busy with work. 

But I’ll swim and ride tomorrow.

• Like 1

After days of mental gymnastics trying to weigh risk and benefit, today I had my first Sinopharm vaccination. I will have my second one in 4 weeks.

SinoPharm.jpg

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Peter said:

29 hours since jab. 

Well zero side effects so far. 
No headaches. 
No high temp
Slept well last night. 

No exercise today.  Mainly because I’ve been busy with work. 

But I’ll swim and ride tomorrow.

Couple of hours of chills the next day, bruised arm and a headache (never get those). In the scheme of things nothing to write home about and training not affected. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, truck said:

Couple of hours of chills the next day, bruised arm and a headache (never get those). In the scheme of things nothing to write home about and training not affected. 

I am peeing heaps more than normal. You?

6 minutes ago, Peter said:

You must have got the 5P chip not the 5G one :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
3 hours ago, Peter said:

What’s the deal with you heading back to Perth?  
do you have to also get the Aussie preferred ?

I have not been able to return due to lack of spots in quarantine hotels, not just Perth but all of Australia. I am booked to come back to Australia in mid June. 

There is no guidance on which vaccines Australia will recognise. I think that the Covid vaccine will need an annual booster. My plan is to get a booster with an Australian recognised vaccine. 

Coming back into Mongolia if you are fully vaccinated and you have a PCR before flying you will be exempt from quarantine. Hopefully Australia does something similar once everyone is vaccinated.

1 hour ago, Ironnerd said:

Coming back into Mongolia if you are fully vaccinated and you have a PCR before flying you will be exempt from quarantine. Hopefully Australia does something similar once everyone is vaccinated.

With ministers saying shit like this, it hardly encourages anyone to get the vaccine sooner than later. 

EA8D4263-781B-4CE2-ADD8-6E74DB3461D7.png

24 hrs post Astra, and other than an inexplicabley strong, inherent desire to give to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, I wouldn't have known that I had a jab.

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, Peter said:

😄😄no change there. Just did an easy 9k run to feel and turned out to be at 4.55 pace so clearly not detrimental to performance. 

25 minutes ago, truck said:

😄😄no change there. Just did an easy 9k run to feel and turned out to be at 4.55 pace so clearly not detrimental to performance. 

If I could say I ran 9km @ 4.55 it would clearly be performance enhancing...........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
43 minutes ago, Ayto said:

If I could say I ran 9km @ 4.55 it would clearly be performance enhancing...........

If I could ran 9km @ 4.55 it would be a bloody miracle.

Edited by -- AJ --
Actually if I ran 9km it'd be a bloody miracle
  • Haha 4

Booked in for next Thursday. We had to ring a couple of places to find somewhere soon. Our two locals, one only doing 70+ and the other booked out until the end of June. 

FM

• Like 2

Day 4. 

ran 7km and a gym session.  All good. No issues at all. 

plan to swim later and riding long tomorrow 

• Like 3
On 05/05/2021 at 4:28 PM, Ironnerd said:

After days of mental gymnastics trying to weigh risk and benefit, today I had my first Sinopharm vaccination. I will have my second one in 4 weeks.

SinoPharm.jpg

I had the Sinopharm too. Apparently the WHO are announcing their stance on approving it or not today (7 May). 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Plazbot said:

had the Sinopharm too. Apparently the WHO are announcing their stance on approving it or not today (7 May). 

If the efficacy rate is 50% as they say then you might want to find something else just in case...