Port Stephens - 8 May

Anyone doing - Saturday racing ??

I am in for the Standard. Totally unfit and overweight - worst I've been in 10 years. Just hoping to survive. Totally piss poor from me and I know it.

This will be my first race since WS 70.3 in Nov 2019. So that means since 1989, I have missed doing a triathlon in 2009 (accident) and 2020.  I am looking to change my covid attitude during this winter.A few running races then hit WS 70.3 in September (well, that's the plan anyway).

FM  

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Going into this race fat and unfit. Now to top it off I have torn something in my thumb yesterday - either the muscle or tendon. Extremely painful and cannot use at all. I have a thumb brace to help protect. I swam this morning (OK), rode this arvo (painful changing gear and cannot squeeze a bidon). Run is just crap with or without a sore thumb.

Heading up on Wednesday. Rain until Saturday race. Last chance for this season.

FM

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Flanman said:

Going into this race fat and unfit. Now to top it off I have torn something in my thumb yesterday - either the muscle or tendon. Extremely painful and cannot use at all. I have a thumb brace to help protect. I swam this morning (OK), rode this arvo (painful changing gear and cannot squeeze a bidon). Run is just crap with or without a sore thumb.

Heading up on Wednesday. Rain until Saturday race. Last chance for this season.

FM

And no doubt you will still have a ball and finish with a smile. 

Good luck and have fun mate. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, xblane said:

All the best Flanman, what distance are you tackling?

Thanks - Standard- 1.5/40/10. 

10 hours ago, roxii said:

And no doubt you will still have a ball and finish with a smile. 

Good luck and have fun mate. 

Thanks Roxii. A few drinks afterwards and then taking the missus home early for Mother’s Day. 

FM

Edited by Flanman

The off-road race at Port Stephens is on my hit-list if I can ever overcome run injuries and get back to 8kms.

Will be in Byron Bay this weekend doing the team thing with nieces BF (he runs, I swim & ride, though with the beach damage the swim is uncertain which means he may run twice).  Mrs doing the team thing with her sister & niece.

Was hoping to continue my 100% record of catching a fish on fly everywhere we travel, but the bloody place is surrounded by Marine Park, so the nice looking little creeks are out.  Off the beach appears to be the only legal close option - hard with a fly-rod if there is any decent on-shore wind.

• Like 1

I’ve got a feeling the swim will be cancelled. 2 metre swell and a lot of moving water today. Wind is swinging round to SW this arvo to smooth but swell still here. Would have loved it. Waiting for notification of change for tomorrow. Soft.  

FM

No, not soft, Flannie, sensible. I've been down this morning and from a water safety point of view, I'd say very dubious at this stage. Haven't heard from Emo but am hoping to catch up with him this afternoon. Decision will be on here as soon as I know something. If the swim goes ahead come and say G'day in the morning. I'll be the one trying to organise the expected chaos on the sand!!!!!

Should catch up for a beer sometime again soon.

Cheers and good luck to all those having a run around in the morning.

Yep, pretty rugged today. And yes, it is sensible for most. I would love to swim in some smooth swell and body surf in. 

I’ll be down there and early register this arvo around 5ish. Will head to the club tomorrow after the race for presentation. Might see you there. 

FM

2 hours ago, Chambo said:

How'd you go Flannie??? Was a great day for it!!!

Finished- just. I am in the hurt locker at the moment and I was soooo slow. A great day though with so many newbies.  There were approx 1400 people racing. A reasonably tough course. Perfect weather.

Just got back from the presentation. It reminded me of IMOZ at Forster. 

They drew 2 lucky door tickets that gave you a free entry to every Elite Energy race in the 2021/2022 season. My number was called but when I went up there were two tickets with the same number. Winner was a black ticket- I have a blue ticket. Bummer. At least my mate had the other ticket- the winning ticket. 

FM

• Like 3

Well done mate. Glad you enjoyed it. Yes, biggest turn out so far for Elite Energy. Think we may have had similar numbers at the old Club Champs. Enjoy the off season!!! Cheers

• Thanks 1