Transitions moving forward

2 hours ago, Mr Tinman said:

Any hints on who is the lucky person and what they intend to do with it?

Admino put a post up about 3 months ago saying that he was handing the site over to it's members and that Bored@Work could manage it...  so I guess that means that you, and all it's members for that matter, have got a stake in it.  I think the post/thread has since been removed.

11 minutes ago, Go Easy said:

Admino put a post up about 3 months ago saying that he was handing the site over to it's members and that Bored@Work could manage it...  so I guess that means that you, and all it's members for that matter, have got a stake in it.  I think the post/thread has since been removed.

Yep pretty much, unfortunately though nothing was formalised and as such the forum is still in Willies name and as an asset forms part of his estate. I fully understand that something like this would not even be on the radar of his family, and potentially not something they even want to think about but essentially it needs to be signed over by someone duly authorized to a new "owner"  (Bored@) otherwise it may run out of payment and be shut down. 

Once and if  we got past that hurdle then the rest can be sorted out at leisure. 

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Mr Tinman said:

Better stop making jokes about Bored@ and DR then 😎

Actually could DR and Bored@ be one and the same? I don't know anyone who has ever seen DR and Bored@ in the same place and at the same time...

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Actually could DR and Bored@ be one and the same? I don't know anyone who has ever seen DR and Bored@ in the same place and at the same time...

I have driven Bored@ to Port from Sydney, no way DR could keep up the act of not being a wanker for that long. 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Plazbot said:

If you are looking at hosting donations, I'll chuck a few bucks in. 

Yep, same.

Also, is there anyone on here with relevant legal experience that can help sort it.

On 15/04/2021 at 2:46 PM, roxii said:

Yep pretty much, unfortunately though nothing was formalised and as such the forum is still in Willies name and as an asset forms part of his estate. I fully understand that something like this would not even be on the radar of his family, and potentially not something they even want to think about...

True, but it was also a big part of Willies life for many years (I think many of us can appreciate that) so it's possible that they might like to see it continue for his sake.

Either way, good luck with it and we appreciate the work that's being done behind the scenes to make it happen.

While most of us would throw in money to keep things afloat, I would say there's not much we can do (nor roxii and bored) until ownership is sorted. 

3 hours ago, goughy said:

While most of us would throw in money to keep things afloat, I would say there's not much we can do (nor roxii and bored) until ownership is sorted. 

Just start a new site.  

Don't want to lose all the great prior content.  10 ?'s, trigold etc.  

Just now, Peter said:

Copy it now. 

It's not that simple, unless Roxii has access to the hosting backend he can't back up and take the content. 

You do appear to still be the owner / contact for the domain name registration @roxii from what I can see online. Hopefully that makes that part easier if you can get permission to go ahead and sort it out from the estate.

Good luck and thanks

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, dazaau said:

It's not that simple, unless Roxii has access to the hosting backend he can't back up and take the content. 

You do appear to still be the owner / contact for the domain name registration @roxii from what I can see online. Hopefully that makes that part easier if you can get permission to go ahead and sort it out from the estate.

Good luck and thanks

Even then it's nowhere near that simple.  We went through a similar exercise on TTUK and that was with full permission and previous  owner involved. It's an absolute nightmare trying transfer stuff.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, dazaau said:

You do appear to still be the owner / contact for the domain name registration @roxii from what I can see online. 

If that’s the case then just let roxi take it back 

fair chance when the former owner who won’t be named took “ownership “ from roxi never transferred it 

if it’s in Roxii name then he’s the legal owner 

15 hours ago, goughy said:

Don't want to lose all the great prior content.  10 ?'s, trigold etc.  

why worry 

Unfortunately for a few different reasons there are  only about 6 regular posters these days so Trannies isn’t much more than a group message service

I doubt any of them have been into tri gold for years

we are all time poor so if it’s easier , less time consuming  for roxi and or @bored (and or a consortium of members )  to start a new site then let it be and move on 

Edited by ironpo
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, ironpo said:

If that’s the case then just let roxi take it back 

fair chance when the former owner who won’t be named took “ownership “ from roxi never transferred it 

if it’s in Roxii name then he’s the legal owner 

Bam 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Bam 

Unfortunate not that simple. 
Firstly Willie gave ownership to Bored@

Secondly while things may still be in my name, they shouldn’t be and they are not rightfully mine. Willie did change all log ins and passwords so I’m not able to do anything anyway. 

We must try and follow some sort of process to keep everything above board. 

In the interim if we run out of funds and they shut us down we still have 

https://trichat.boards.net

as an emergency backup 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Peter said:

What’s the end date?

We don’t know yet. I have made a request from  Invision to see if they can let us know so we know how urgent the situation is. 

• Like 2

And even if the domain is still in roxii's name, it doesn't mean the site and content is included.  It's just the domain.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ironpo said:

why worry 

Unfortunately for a few different reasons there are  only about 6 regular posters these days so Trannies isn’t much more than a group message service

I doubt any of them have been into tri gold for years

we are all time poor so if it’s easier , less time consuming  for roxi and or @bored (and or a consortium of members )  to start a new site then let it be and move on 

fixed that tri-gold visitation stat for you :) 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, roxii said:

Unfortunate not that simple. 
Firstly Willie gave ownership to Bored@

Secondly while things may still be in my name, they shouldn’t be and they are not rightfully mine. Willie did change all log ins and passwords so I’m not able to do anything anyway. 

We must try and follow some sort of process to keep everything above board. 

In the interim if we run out of funds and they shut us down we still have 

as an emergency backup 

I see the request from Willie more as he wanted me to be a custodian for the site rather than an owner. In no way do I want to "own" the site. I want the members to own the site but that opens up another can of worms & how we moderate the site. 

I'm also extremely thankful for roxxi's support in trying to keep the site going. It's been hard trying to find the right words etc to use when approaching his estate.

It's a difficult time for everyone. I'm trying to be respectful to his family but also trying to keep the site going. 

Hopefully we will find out some more information this week. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys a quick heads up. 

This is all not sorted yet and as far as we know another payment is due 5th May (US time)  so we don't know what will happen just yet. 

Hold your breath. 

Again, in the interim if we run out of funds and they shut us down we still have 

as an emergency backup while we work through all the other stuff. 

Cross your fingers everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6