Jump to content

Trannies card for ironmanfoz


Recommended Posts

Been having a chat to Roxii about this, and also clearing the idea with my wife who would kinda have to do the work.

I was thinking about an idea of doing a card for Andrew from us, but how do we all get to write or names on it, as the logistics of getting a card around to everyone would be a nightmare.  So I came up with this idea!

My wife has a cutting machine for card cutting etc, and makes up templates etc etc.  So she can make up a card for us (or a few if need be), but how do we all get to sign it?  So what I thought, was for anyone who is interested in being included, write your name and username down on a blank piece of paper (or just type username if you want, or whatever), printed (no signatures) and then either scan it or take a photo of it and email that to me. So something like Firstname "username" Lastname.   You can email that to goughy 71 at that Gmail place (no spaces of course).  I just think writing your name down adds an element of that personal touch you'd get it we will were able to write into the one card.

Robyn will then add all these to the card.  She'll print the card first with all our names on it, them cut it out to make up the card.  Not the same as is physically writing on the card ourselves, but still a way to make it a bit personal.  When it's ready to go we can either send it to him, or to one of you guys if you happen to be going in to see him.  Maybe we want to put together some money to get him something?  And maybe we also want to do a card for Dianne and some flowers?

Anyway, just thought I'd put this out there as an option?  My wife said it might take her a little bit of time as she's been unwell, but I told her this isn't something that needs to be done tomorrow.  It's just an idea.

Let me know your thoughts?  Roxii said he can sticky this thread, and if it's a go'er I'll edit this post add in an email address you can send them to.  You can just include your username only if that's what you're like, or no username, or whatever.  And there's no pressure on anyone to be included.  

 

 

Edited by goughy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • roxii pinned this topic

Thanks poppa, but for now just want to see if it's a workable idea.  Personally, I'd like to see money going to get something for Andrew, Dianne, and/or their family 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A card and flowers for Dianne would be a good idea
From the tone of some of the updates, you can feel how stressed she is, and a little extra support shown to her would be a good idea.
(This to go along with the card for Andrew as well, ofc.) 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great idea Goughy. I'm in .Just a reminder your resources in Transitions don't hold much PMs. I think you might be swamped. I might send through FB Messenger.

Cape Horn, great idea. Maybe as an added, we can throw in a bit of coin for Dianne to take the family out for dinner. I am happy to arrange something.

Gang, just let me know.

Cheers

FM  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Flanman said:

Great idea Goughy. I'm in .Just a reminder your resources in Transitions don't hold much PMs. I think you might be swamped. I might send through FB Messenger.

Cape Horn, great idea. Maybe as an added, we can throw in a bit of coin for Dianne to take the family out for dinner. I am happy to arrange something.

Gang, just let me know.

Cheers

FM  

My better 3/4 has also had her events manager cap on, and is floating the idea of a fund-raising get-together at Port (assuming it goes ahead)  Will keep you posted

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Flanman said:

Great idea Goughy. I'm in .Just a reminder your resources in Transitions don't hold much PMs. I think you might be swamped. I might send through FB Messenger.

Cape Horn, great idea. Maybe as an added, we can throw in a bit of coin for Dianne to take the family out for dinner. I am happy to arrange something.

Gang, just let me know.

Cheers

FM  

No, just laziness in cleaning it out!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies, and some PM's.  I'm going to edit the first part to add an email address.  I'm happy to just add anyone's name and username to the card, but if you'd like to, write your name and username on a piece of paper (not your signature), take a pic of it or scan it, and then email it to me.  Mrs goughy will add that into the card, so it's kinda like you actually wrote on the card!  I just thought that would look cool, and have a little bit more of a personal touch from everyone.

Can send them to goughy 71 at that Gmail place (no spaces of course)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw, I'm sure we can do one for Dianne.  And there's plenty of trannies close enough to organise getting flowers, or whatever, when it's ready to go.  This is just a start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, goughy said:

Thanks for the replies, and some PM's.  I'm going to edit the first part to add an email address.  I'm happy to just add anyone's name and username to the card, but if you'd like to, write your name and username on a piece of paper (not your signature), take a pic of it or scan it, and then email it to me.  Mrs goughy will add that into the card, so it's kinda like you actually wrote on the card!  I just thought that would look cool, and have a little bit more of a personal touch from everyone.

Can send them to goughy 71 at that Gmail place (no spaces of course)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to those that have sent through.  I'd like a lot more to go this route with a card/cards.  Otherwise happy to arrange a card just in general from us all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to everyone who's been sending sigs through!  I'd love more though.

Just a note to add - this isn't a card just from those who've sent a sig through!  It's from the whole community.  But I'd love to fill as much of the card blank space with these sigs, just to add a personal touch to it.  So keep 'em coming!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey mate I’m away at the moment will be home on the weekend and will get it done then 

PS thanks for organising this mate 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just putting out a last call for ironmanfoz's card!  I have 11 submissions, but I'd love a heap more!  You don't have to include your real name, and just submit your trannies username.  But I'd love to cover the entire card in names!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, goughy said:

Just putting out a last call for ironmanfoz's card!  I have 11 submissions, but I'd love a heap more!  You don't have to include your real name, and just submit your trannies username.  But I'd love to cover the entire card in names!  

C'mon guys and girls, can we make a decent effort and got on this please if you haven't already. 

I cant even imagine how tough it must be for Andrew and his family, any light will help and I'm sure he would love to know we are all on his team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll ask because I am probably not the only one wondering this.

 

I have never met Andrew, I know him only by his posts. I wish him all thes best with his recovery and have been following with interest given this is the kind of thing we all dread, and praying for a better than predicted recovery for him and his family. I am more than happy to sign his card but I am not sure if you want people to whom he will go "who the heck is that :D". 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dazaau said:

I'll ask because I am probably not the only one wondering this.

 

I have never met Andrew, I know him only by his posts. I wish him all thes best with his recovery and have been following with interest given this is the kind of thing we all dread, and praying for a better than predicted recovery for him and his family. I am more than happy to sign his card but I am not sure if you want people to whom he will go "who the heck is that :D". 

 

 

Yep fair comment, I suppose its a "strength in numbers" type thing. If you have read his posts, and he has read yours  then we are all part of this weird community.

I just signed Peter "roxii" Rox so he knows my real name and my username. He will know the card is from Trannys and I just assume as many user names as possible will make him realise that there are lots of people thinking about him and wishing him well. 

In the end, it cant hurt, it costs nothing and I'd hope that if I was in a similar situation that Id get a card with lots of names on it too. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, roxii said:

 

Yep fair comment, I suppose its a "strength in numbers" type thing. If you have read his posts, and he has read yours  then we are all part of this weird community.

I just signed Peter "roxii" Rox so he knows my real name and my username. He will know the card is from Trannys and I just assume as many user names as possible will make him realise that there are lots of people thinking about him and wishing him well. 

In the end, it cant hurt, it costs nothing and I'd hope that if I was in a similar situation that Id get a card with lots of names on it too. 

Great, thanks. That's very helpful and I will get on it

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cranky said:

And with 2435 posts, we all know who you are. I'm sure he'll appreciate your signature. 

Oh crap . What have I done with my life 😅

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dazaau said:

I'll ask because I am probably not the only one wondering this.

I have never met Andrew, I know him only by his posts. I wish him all thes best with his recovery and have been following with interest given this is the kind of thing we all dread, and praying for a better than predicted recovery for him and his family. I am more than happy to sign his card but I am not sure if you want people to whom he will go "who the heck is that :D". 

I was thinking similar too. Email sent now.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to all who've been sending them through.  Keep it coming!  I just felt it added a little bit of a personal touch to it.  It won't matter if he doesn't know who some are!  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • roxii unpinned this topic
×
×
  • Create New...