Cross Aussie Champs results and wtf?

4 minutes ago, peteb said:

I think this list is only top three in each age group. I guy know was racing and he is not in the results.

Correct. That list also looks like it has non TA members taken out. In the official result my mate was 3rd and above he is second. Reads the disclaimer at bottom of page.

Also if you go to the official website the list is much longer.

Probably just ta members, as I know people that raced not on that list.  They've been going backwards membership wise for years now...keep doing the same thing, for same outcome...oh except raising membership fees...not sure why they would put out a picture like that suggesting stuff all did the race though.  

You'd think with covid, the demise and collapse of kurnell in sydney, and people looking for a race, that race would have gone gangbusters, guess its a bit of drive but not for canberra folk.   Think i read somewhere Huski is up this year with everything cancelled and covid and the like, huski also bit closer to sydney too and a softer race, maybe the punters have headed there instead for friendlier day out and emo does run a good race.

yeah, here you go, not a big field but certainly more then that list indicates above regardless of any fine print.

https://www.trextriathlon.com.au/results/

Must be hard to make a profit out of such a small field, i know kurnell use to have to have 500 people to break even.

Edited by Oompa Loompa

We went, it was my second off road tri, was a fantastic day out despite the 5.5 hr drive for us. We only did the sprint but we were on the bike course with the standard distance second lappers, it would get pretty congested there with many more but things could be spread out a bit more than they were. Waiting till 3 pm in the hot sun for the presentation wasn’t ideal tho

10 hours ago, peteb said:

I think this list is only top three in each age group. I guy know was racing and he is not in the results.

10 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Correct. That list also looks like it has non TA members taken out. In the official result my mate was 3rd and above he is second. Reads the disclaimer at bottom of page.

Also if you go to the official website the list is much longer.

That’s good then. These are awesome events.  The results were from the email Ta sent out. 

26 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

Gee’s you wonder how they make a living with only 400 people entering. Must be tough. 

They run several events usually. 

and nothing is on roads (at least in Bendigo). 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

They run several events usually. 

and nothing is on roads (at least in Bendigo). 

think youd gone, but can remember forcing munting to go over 500 at kurnell, his view was 500 was enough but that extra 100 was just straight profit for trinsw to enable membership growth and keep membership fees down but the way he was paid, the extra 100 just meant more work for him for no return.   Guess fees are probably cheaper away from the city re roads, park use, might even be a payment for the event but still must be hard to make ends meat.

22 hours ago, Oompa Loompa said:

Probably just ta members, as I know people that raced not on that list.  They've been going backwards membership wise for years now...keep doing the same thing, for same outcome...oh except raising membership fees...not sure why they would put out a picture like that suggesting stuff all did the race though.  

You'd think with covid, the demise and collapse of kurnell in sydney, and people looking for a race, that race would have gone gangbusters, guess its a bit of drive but not for canberra folk.   Think i read somewhere Huski is up this year with everything cancelled and covid and the like, huski also bit closer to sydney too and a softer race, maybe the punters have headed there instead for friendlier day out and emo does run a good race.

There was the Jackie Fairwether tri on in Canberra on Sunday which was delayed from earlier in the year. Also there will be a big Canberra contingent at Husky next weekend.
Not all triathletes have a mtb.

6 hours ago, The new guy said:

In addition Sparke Helmore was on in Newy. 

Also a lot of cost were shared around their trail run australia series of races on the Sunday. Around 700 runners on Sunday alone. That’s what I was doing.

Spewing about this.  Done that triathlon about 9 times.  Up there this weekend. Missed it by that much. Was the weather good for it?

35 minutes ago, Peter said:

Spewing about this.  Done that triathlon about 9 times.  Up there this weekend. Missed it by that much. Was the weather good for it?

It rained before the race started and then near the end of the bike. Roads were very slippery. Saw a few guys with blood on the elbows and knees. 

Got pretty hot by the end of the run

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, The new guy said:

In addition Sparke Helmore was on in Newy. 

Also a lot of cost were shared around their trail run australia series of races on the Sunday. Around 700 runners on Sunday alone. That’s what I was doing.

Yeah, Canberra could have effected numbers a bit.  

ditto, re sparked helmore, that was a good race in a top spot.