Jump to content

Ironman update from Messick


Recommended Posts

All I took out of it was “we will wait until as late as possible before cancelling/postponing races”.

They must be bleeding after last year. Like all race event companies I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Aidan said:

All I took out of it was “we will wait until as late as possible before cancelling/postponing races”.

They must be bleeding after last year. Like all race event companies I guess.

Translated to - 'we will wait until two days past our legal obligation for a refund'

Messick is tone deaf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aidan said:

They must have let their digital production team go. Video quality like this from a $600 mil company...

Could have at least got a phone holder on eBay that doesn't wobble when you breath on it lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FatPom said:

Translated to - 'we will wait until two days past our legal obligation for a refund'

Messick is tone deaf.

For an organisation that loved to talk about showing some love to loyal customers...

Anyone else not felt the love from WTC with refunds, transfers, etc in the past 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Aidan said:

They must have let their digital production team go. Video quality like this from a $600 mil company...

I felt like I was riding the roads at IMOZ 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Late today i got an email from Ironman offering me a spot for WC70.3 Utah in september.

I missed qualifying by 1 spot in Dec 2019 at busso 70.3 i finished second 45 seconds behind the winner and there was only one spot.

But that was qualifying for the worlds in NZ in 2020 which went to 2022 and Utah stayed in 2021.

Im guessing from the email that most or all aussies have withdrawn from Utah on the basis we arnt going anywhere overseas for a while yet.

The cash flow for IM must be woeful at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Triatx said:

Late today i got an email from Ironman offering me a spot for WC70.3 Utah in september.

I missed qualifying by 1 spot in Dec 2019 at busso 70.3 i finished second 45 seconds behind the winner and there was only one spot.

But that was qualifying for the worlds in NZ in 2020 which went to 2022 and Utah stayed in 2021.

Im guessing from the email that most or all aussies have withdrawn from Utah on the basis we arnt going anywhere overseas for a while yet.

The cash flow for IM must be woeful at the moment.

Are you going to take the spot? It "only" needs to roll down another 30 spots and I am off to Utah! 😀😀

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...