Faster on my training bike than my race bike 🤷‍♂️

I’ve been riding on the Nundahdome lately (local crit track) alternating between my training bike and my race bike. Both are road bikes with bolt on tt bars. Disappointingly my training bike lap times are identical to my race bike, and that’s with my standard training wheels. I’m assuming it must be the setup even though it looks identical to me. 
Anyway I’ve decided to switch bikes and do my next few triathlons on the training bike. Problem is it’s a 10 speed and I’m having a hell of a time finding a rear 10 speed 50 to 90mm race wheel. I’ve posted in the for sale section here plus Bicycle and Triathlon Marketplace a few times without success. Does anyone know anybody that might still have a reasonably good 10 speed rear (or set) they might sell?

PS. It is a pretty good training bike and the same weight as the race bike 😁

Edited by Mike Del

Yep, got 11sp wheels last year and they came with the shim for 10sp.  LBS would probably just give it to you.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Mike Del said:

I’ve been riding on the Nundahdome lately (local crit track) alternating between my training bike and my race bike. Both are road bikes with bolt on tt bars. Disappointingly my training bike lap times are identical to my race bike, and that’s with my standard training wheels. I’m assuming it must be the setup even though it looks identical to me. 
Anyway I’ve decided to switch bikes and do my next few triathlons on the training bike. Problem is it’s a 10 speed and I’m having a hell of a time finding a rear 10 speed 50 to 90mm race wheel. I’ve posted in the for sale section here plus Bicycle and Triathlon Marketplace a few times without success. Does anyone know anybody that might still have a reasonably good 10 speed rear (or set) they might sell?

Probably your position on the bike i.e not as aerodynamic on the race bike.

What about tubulars? You can get a wheelset for half the price of clinchers.

Only takes a measuring tape, and maybe a plumb Bob, to find out if they are exactly the same!  Don't forget to check crank length too.  

On 14/02/2021 at 9:54 PM, Mike Del said:

The universe has spoken - time for a new bike

On 15/02/2021 at 8:08 AM, Callum Dalgleish McGregor said:

, but also (just yesterday actually) had a look at the Caden dude, he seems to be the real deal, I could possibly update to a 3 spoke front and one of his discs, they are 30mm wide and look the shizzz. 

I have been rolling on a set of Caden hoops for 6 months now & love them. Awesome wheels.