So Ironnerd said Iden will win kona in 2021

5 minutes ago, goughy said:

I'm assuming they could fill the ag field with just Americans if they wanted to do that?  Surely that wouldn't be an issue for them?

Could do it easy.  

interesting listen to an interview with josh amberger last week and he said they can’t even fly to nz for Imnz.  Strange as my next door neighbor is a fireman in aust but wife is the head of a top company there and he flys back and forth every 14 days.  No quarantine. 

surely josh could go for work. And others. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

COVID will spread through an Olympic village bubble faster than the STDs usually do.

I don't think Iden will really shine at full distance until he quits the short course game. I think, like Gomez stepping up to a 70.3 isn't too difficult, but stepping up to full distance is another s

By the time the next kona is raced jan will be 55 the way things Re going 

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, goughy said:

I'm assuming they could fill the ag field with just Americans if they wanted to do that?  Surely that wouldn't be an issue for them?

yup. They already have the World Series of baseball with only americans

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Peter said:

Could do it easy.  

interesting listen to an interview with josh amberger last week and he said they can’t even fly to nz for Imnz.  Strange as my next door neighbor is a fireman in aust but wife is the head of a top company there and he flys back and forth every 14 days.  No quarantine. 

surely josh could go for work. And others. 

Would need to do 14 days quarantine on entry to NZ, no quarantine going into Aus. Would also need to book well in advance to get a quarantine slot in NZ

1 hour ago, rory-dognz said:

Would need to do 14 days quarantine on entry to NZ, no quarantine going into Aus. Would also need to book well in advance to get a quarantine slot in NZ

Just talking to my neighbour. He said  he books 7 days out.  No quarantine anymore.   

9 hours ago, Peter said:

Just talking to my neighbour. He said  he books 7 days out.  No quarantine anymore.   

He has a partner who is resident in NZ (and might have residency himself?). That's one of the very limited "critical purpose" exceptions to NZ's travel ban. He might have particular privileges, but those aren't generally available. Triathletes aren't on the list of "critical workers". I know. I check every day 😁

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Peter said:

Thanks, General population don't know that. We are told all entry (except Cook Islands starting this week), need quarantine 

On 18/01/2021 at 7:39 PM, Prince said:

yup. They already have the World Series of baseball with only americans

It's the world series because it was named after a newspaper back in the day. 

Sebastian Coe is a complete fool if he thinks the Olympics are going ahead in one of the most densely populated countries.... 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, steve said:

It was called the World (Championship) Series because there's not much else that matters outside of the northeastern U.S., at least to people in the northeastern U.S.:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/world-series/

Geographically, it didn't even encompass most of the Lower 48.

there you go, it was always just BS. 

http://roadsidephotos.sabr.org/baseball/name.htm#:~:text=One%20baseball%20myth%20that%20just,supposedly%20sponsored%20the%20earliest%20contests.&text=This%20didn't%20happen%2C%20but,%22World's%20Championship%20Series%22%20stuck.

Australia will step up to the plate... Er, baseball doesnt even rate. To be honest - cricket is more exciting then baseball. 

10 minutes ago, Crappy said:

Australia will step up to the plate... Er, baseball doesnt even rate. To be honest - cricket is more exciting then baseball. 

Particularly since MLB started testing for drugs (in, um, the most piss poor way possible). 💊💉

On 19/01/2021 at 6:06 PM, rory-dognz said:

@rory-dognz okay so I asked Mike my neighbor what the story was. 

his wife is the ceo of a large company in Auckland.  She has visa via her work to live and work there.  He by default is also listed under the visa that he lives in Nz although he works as a fireman here in Melb and travel over to see his wife and 2 kids fortnightly. 

He has to apply for temp visa each time he flys into Auckland from here.  Cost was $380 I think he said.  

he isnt required to quarantine in nz or back here but does have to have a Covid test on arrival in Auckland. 

so going on this it means that the Aussie professionals couldn’t go to do the triathlon.  So I was wrong.  

I do wonder if you can get a business visa to enter NZ. 
Are kiwis still allowed to fly to Australia? 

4 hours ago, Peter said:

@rory-dognz okay so I asked Mike my neighbor what the story was. 

his wife is the ceo of a large company in Auckland.  She has visa via her work to live and work there.  He by default is also listed under the visa that he lives in Nz although he works as a fireman here in Melb and travel over to see his wife and 2 kids fortnightly. 

He has to apply for temp visa each time he flys into Auckland from here.  Cost was $380 I think he said.  

he isnt required to quarantine in nz or back here but does have to have a Covid test on arrival in Auckland. 

so going on this it means that the Aussie professionals couldn’t go to do the triathlon.  So I was wrong.  

I do wonder if you can get a business visa to enter NZ. 
Are kiwis still allowed to fly to Australia? 

Thanks, The bit that is unusual and not well know is how the quarantine exception works. 

I think Australia has no restrictions on NZer coming and not quarantining, it was the case. in general Aussies don’t need a visa to go to or work in NZ; similar to Kiwi’s coming to Aus.