Where does the US go from here?

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

You should be concerned.  I am

But for people to pretend that this division started with Trump is ridiculous.  It's been building for decades at this point 

Perhaps the divide might not be quite as wide if one side didn't dismiss the other as a bunch of uneducated, racist, sexist, homophobic bigots who don't deserve to be listened to 

That’s true, some of them are educated. 

• Sad 1
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought this one was quite good  

This was not a protest. it wasn’t even a riot. Iron Jimbo and more’s identification with reactionary white nativism is as blatant as it is predictable and deplorable. Their false equivalence

One of my favs 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, roxii said:

That’s true, some of them are educated. 

I didn't really need another example to prove my point, but thankyou anyway

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Mr Tinman said:

Im really concerned for the future my children (and hopefully one day, grandchildren) will inherit.

No one is willing to listen or debate. They simply shout each other down and attack anyone that doesn't agree with them.

Scary shit and I dont know where it will all end, but unless there is some kind of circuit breaker, its not going to end well for anyone

You do understand we live in a democracy dont you?  You can be thankful that your children will be free to vote for whoever they wish. 

5 minutes ago, Prince said:

You do understand we live in a democracy dont you?  You can be thankful that your children will be free to vote for whoever they wish. 

Of course, but look at the US right now.

Arguably once the foremost democracy in the world, all going to hell because one side decided they didnt like the way the election turned out for them.

Thankfully we are no where near that yet, but if both side here dont start pulling back on the BS, who knows how long before we get to the same state

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Pelosi somehow hates Trump even more than you do.  Of course she's going to call for his impeachment

Throwing labels like sedition and treason around is even more ridiculous than impeaching a President for doing his job

Attacking the members of the US senate to stop them certifying the election and usurp power, along with attacking the seat of government, sure nothing to see here!!

Yesterday was about doing his job, how?

Trying to make out that this was minor protest is not quite the most ridiculous thing you have done here, have you considered posting on the tri forum?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Yesterday was about doing his job, how?

Trying to make out that this was minor protest is not quite the most ridiculous thing you have done here, have you considered posting on the tri forum?

I was referring to his first nonsensical impeachment, not the proposed second nonsensical impeachment 

And I have said that anyone who broke laws yesterday should be prosecuted.  Please do not misrepresent my views, or the standard of the thread will collapse 

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I didn't really need another example to prove my point, but thankyou anyway

The fact you think it’s only one side that is being reduced to name calling  shows how blinkered you are.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You should be concerned.  I am

But for people to pretend that this division started with Trump is ridiculous.  It's been building for decades at this point 

Perhaps the divide might not be quite as wide if one side didn't dismiss the other as a bunch of uneducated, racist, sexist, homophobic bigots who don't deserve to be listened to 

Oh, no doubt on all counts, but if you follow a political "leader" (and I use that term loosely) as if he is the second coming of Christ, then I think people have a right to view anything you say with a large degree of scepticism.

I will admit that when Trump got elected I thought that he may actually make a difference in DC.

No matter what he may have achieved in Office, it is all for nought and his legacy will forever be the storming of the Capitol building by his followers 

Just now, IronJimbo said:

I was referring to his first nonsensical impeachment, not the proposed second nonsensical impeachment 

And I have said that anyone who broke laws yesterday should be prosecuted.  Please do not misrepresent my views, or the standard of the thread will collapse 

Thank you for clarifying your point, now in the face of actually getting some real trouble the Don has meekly rolled over and left the masses to face the music, they don't appear to be happy:

https://twitter.com/conspirator0/status/1347338448194174976/photo/1 

22 minutes ago, Mr Tinman said:

Oh, no doubt on all counts, but if you follow a political "leader" (and I use that term loosely) as if he is the second coming of Christ, then I think people have a right to view anything you say with a large degree of scepticism.

I will admit that when Trump got elected I thought that he may actually make a difference in DC.

No matter what he may have achieved in Office, it is all for nought and his legacy will forever be the storming of the Capitol building by his followers 

Those who view Trump as the second coming of Christ are just as absurd as those who view Trump as the second coming of Hitler

Trump's legacy was always going to depend on whether the viewer thinks personality is more important than policy.  Yesterday's events won't change that too much

45 minutes ago, roxii said:

The fact you think it’s only one side that is being reduced to name calling  shows how blinkered you are.

Well I don't, so I'm not

Are you interested in discussing my actual views or just the views you've invented for me?

46 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Thank you for clarifying your point, now in the face of actually getting some real trouble the Don has meekly rolled over and left the masses to face the music, they don't appear to be happy:

https://twitter.com/conspirator0/status/1347338448194174976/photo/1 

Your description of those people as 'the masses' is really just another example of my earlier point

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Well I don't, so I'm not

Are you interested in discussing my actual views or just the views you've invented for me?

No of course I’m not interested in discussing your views because you will not put them forward in a clear and concise manner. You  veil every post in inuendo and vagueness so that you can back pedal, turn it around or ask to be quoted so you can claim to be the victim while everyone else knows the intent of your posts due to your previous form.

As I have said many times here I have no real interest in US politics and find it a little bent that you are so hung up on it since you have never set foot on US soil. I can understand people who are political wonks who like the political machinations of US politics but they are mostly impartial observers. 

Anyway my only interest in this thread (all trump threads) is I believe the was a dick, unfit to be a president, and bad for the US and the world in general. He has proven me correct but the sensible folk of the US have also seen through it and voted him out. So there is no more need for me to care. Until Kanye starts running :lol: 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, roxii said:

No of course I’m not interested in discussing your views because you will not put them forward in a clear and concise manner. You  veil every post in inuendo and vagueness so that you can back pedal, turn it around or ask to be quoted so you can claim to be the victim while everyone else knows the intent of your posts due to your previous form.

Bullshit

Your accusation of vagueness is just an excuse for your intolerance

The fact that I tolerated and defended your bullshit time and time again to the other members who reported you would prove otherwise but you can continue to live in your alternative reality mate. Trump would be proud. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, roxii said:

The fact that I tolerated and defended your bullshit time and time again to the other members who reported you would prove otherwise but you can continue to live in your alternative reality mate. Trump would be proud. 

Reported me for what?

Objecting to their misrepresentations of my views and character? 

48 minutes ago, roxii said:

But what are you tolerating Roxii? A alternate view? As a example perhaps it would help to quote one of his comments that are so bad?

As far as I can see he has openly condemned the riots and the way Trump handled it. IJ is being bullied simply for having an opposing view, that is all.

He has pointed out what he feels is hypocrisy from the dems which is pretty valid when you have the likes of AOC having advocated violent protests in the past, how riots like  the BLM riots were widely presented as 'mostly peaceful' etc. 

His comments are no more inciteful  than Andrews. On the other hand we have had plenty of people post snide insults against IJ and me....

It really is interesting how mob mentality works... I'm sure if you posted on a conservatives  website irrespective of how valid your comments were it would be you who would be seen as posting bulsh!t and stirring up trouble, that doesn't make it right though. Just shows people are blinkered and tribal.

The problem is people aren't honest with themselves. If the BLM protests were flipped and it was proud boys or whatever burning down buildings and carrying on for months on end your view would be completely different, as would the medias. This is a fact. 

In each example you have groups who feel aggrieved, whether its because they feel police target black people or whether they feel there has been a corrupt election. Both cases there could have been peaceful protests or violent protests.

People need to stop looking at sides and just call out poor behavior irrespective. 

Edited by more
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Your description of those people as 'the masses' is really just another example of my earlier point

Lets stick with what I said I referred to them as the "masses" not the ------ masses. Simply referring to them as his massed support, who he has now left to face the music while he meekly with draws knowing if he doesn't Pence and McConnell will remove him.

Please don't misrepresent my views. No onto a more salient point, you are a strong believer in the founding fathers and the constitution. How do you feel about an armed mob attacking the elected officials who were undertaking their duties under the constitution, so that the mob could install a president not elected by the people or the electoral college.

"not expecting an actual answer"

Further, how did you feel about Don Junior celebrating the attack from the safety of a podium calling them real warriors while Don Senior danced his odd grandad dance? (insert twitter not accepted here as source)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BarryBevan said:

Further, how did you feel about Don Junior celebrating the attack from the safety of a podium calling them real warriors while Don Senior danced his odd grandad dance? (insert twitter not accepted here as source)

Talk about misrepresentation-there was no dance celebrating any attack and you are deliberately being misleading. This is a big part of the problem, people just post stuff to try to 'win'.

"Footage has surfaced of the Trump family in a celebratory mood shortly before violence erupted in Washington DC and their supporters stormed the Capitol."

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, more said:

Talk about misrepresentation-there was no dance celebrating any attack and you are deliberately being misleading. This is a big part of the problem, people just post stuff to try to 'win'.

"Footage has surfaced of the Trump family in a celebratory mood shortly before violence erupted in Washington DC and their supporters stormed the Capitol."

Think you are splitting hairs, they were happy as they were pumped at the frenzied mob they had whipped up.

Lets focus on the actual issue, an armed mob attacked the US government in an attempt to stop the Government certifying the results so they could install/keep President Don. This was a Coup.

Where is your outrage other than at other posters, Portland or anything else other than the actual issue?

1 minute ago, BarryBevan said:

Think you are splitting hairs, they were happy as they were pumped at the frenzied mob they had whipped up.

Lets focus on the actual issue, an armed mob attacked the US government in an attempt to stop the Government certifying the results so they could install/keep President Don. This was a Coup.

Where is your outrage other than at other posters, Portland or anything else other than the actual issue?

Celebrating a protest and celebrating an attack are vastly different things and its a clear example of how you are willing to make false claims to push a narrative. If IJ made such a claim I'm sure you wouldn't dismiss it as splitting hairs...be honest with yourself.

Remember its not a game, there are no teams...

I think its clear me and IJ are both 'outraged' at what happened, not once have either of us suggested otherwise, it was a disgrace...so...?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, more said:

Celebrating a protest and celebrating an attack are vastly different things and its a clear example of how you are willing to make false claims to push a narrative. If IJ made such a claim I'm sure you wouldn't dismiss it as splitting hairs...be honest with yourself.

Remember its not a game, there are no teams...

I think its clear me and IJ are both 'outraged' at what happened, not once have either of us suggested otherwise, it was a disgrace...so...?

Yes the twitter person did use this to give the appearance of happening at the time:

Definitely before the violence, but it should be noted that he stood up there and incited the crowd to go to the Capitol and fight, and he said "and I'll be there with you". Big surprise, he was not there with them. His entire presidency and candidacy have been about violence.

This is before the riot...before he spoke. NOT DEFENDING HIM, but this is not him cheering on the mob.That video may come later. He's watching the rally. Kimberly screaming FIGHT at the end is a bad look now, though.

The narrative does need false claims, they committed a seditious attack on the US government.

I've had a closer look and yes the poster has used this out of context, however you can see in Don Junior the glee at the frenzied mob and they call them real fighters.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Please don't misrepresent my views. No onto a more salient point, you are a strong believer in the founding fathers and the constitution. How do you feel about an armed mob attacking the elected officials who were undertaking their duties under the constitution, so that the mob could install a president not elected by the people or the electoral college.

"not expecting an actual answer"

As I've said several times now, violence is bad regardless of who does it

Why do you guys continue to ask for bad things to be renounced when they already have been several times?

• Confused 1
6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

As I've said several times now, violence is bad regardless of who does it

Why do you guys continue to ask for bad things to be renounced when they already have been several times?

But you support the guy that encouraged violence.  

Despite all the other stuff going on, you can’t deny that trump encouraged them to riot.  

they would have protested. Without trespassing which resulted in people dying. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVSWHA0ouratikO2B26ji

Substitute Trannies for Facebook - meh....

There are elements on both side that have no interest in trying to understand any alternative view points.  It's a shame with a few people starting to return to the forum to see yet another thread submerge into the childish crap over the last 3.5 pages, all shaking their heads knowing there will be another 100+ pages of the same shit before it gets locked, another thread opens and the game starts all over again.

Seriously, does anyone see any good coming out of this thread?  Is it not time that if a thread gets locked, and a similar thread starts and goes the same way, it too gets automatically locked?  Is this not just a continuation of the Trump thread?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVSWHA0ouratikO2B26ji

Substitute Trannies for Facebook - meh....

There are elements on both side that have no interest in trying to understand any alternative view points.  It's a shame with a few people starting to return to the forum to see yet another thread submerge into the childish crap over the last 3.5 pages, all shaking their heads knowing there will be another 100+ pages of the same shit before it gets locked, another thread opens and the game starts all over again.

Seriously, does anyone see any good coming out of this thread?  Is it not time that if a thread gets locked, and a similar thread starts and goes the same way, it too gets automatically locked?  Is this not just a continuation of the Trump thread?

It would be helpful if posters argued the actual issues rather than trying to score interweb points by lying about other posters

You can mainly thank Andrew and Peter for that

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It would be helpful if posters argued the actual issues rather than trying to score interweb points by lying about other posters

And it was Trucks handgranade Topic 🤣

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Not going to debate who is lying or not (don't think anyone is), do you see any irony in making this statement?

The issue here is where does the USA go from here. Well the  first answer is a firm repudiation of the last four years ,by the USA giving the Democrats a mandate to govern in the Senate, Congress and Presidency.

5 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

The issue here is where does the USA go from here. Well the  first answer is a firm repudiation of the last four years ,by the USA giving the Democrats a mandate to govern in the Senate, Congress and Presidency.

Or the answer may well be ‘who cares’ as Truck often poses trick questions on here 

3 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Not going to debate who is lying or not (don't think anyone is), do you see any irony in making this statement?

If you feel that I have lied about another poster or their views, feel free to point it out

As for the so-called repudiation, it was nowhere near as firm as predicted.  Trump policy without Trump's personality would have delivered 40 states

Just now, Prince said:

Or the answer may well be ‘who cares’ as Truck often poses trick questions on here 

2 hours into lockdown and I am already going crazy.  How did you do it Vic and NSW?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Prince said:

2 hours into lockdown and I am already going crazy.  How did you do it Vic and NSW?

I thought it started at 6pm tonight?  

Our lockdown was over winter when we didn't want to go out anyway, hopefully you guys can nip it in the bud and be back out galavanting around next week

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Troll. 

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

If you feel that I have lied about another poster or their views, feel free to point it out

As for the so-called repudiation, it was nowhere near as firm as predicted.  Trump policy without Trump's personality would have delivered 40 states

I don't think anyone lied about anyone, more so focussed on

It would be helpful if posters argued the actual issues

Anyway the issue the dems won the run offs and have control, that is vindication of their polices and or repudiation of the GOP?

Or is it just a rejection of Trump?

2 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

I don't think anyone lied about anyone, more so focussed on

It would be helpful if posters argued the actual issues

Anyway the issue the dems won the run offs and have control, that is vindication of their polices and or repudiation of the GOP?

It was a rejection of Trump's personality, as shown by polling data.  A plurality of Biden voters were not enthused about him, they just wanted to get rid of Trump

As the Democrats said going in, it was a contest of love versus hate.  Hate won

10 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

The presidential election result may have (probably was) a rejection of Trump, but the run offs couldn't have been.  So either an endorsement of Democrats or repudiation of the GOP - I don't know enough about it to say which.

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I feel like I must defend you here IJ, I’ve never seen you post a racist, sexist, homophobic or bigoted word in this forum.

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Erm, more was the first to take the topic off topic...

On 07/01/2021 at 9:43 AM, more said:

Where was his powerful speech condemning the months long violent protests in Portland...Funny isn't it how everyone is coming out with so much 'outrage' at these protests but didn't seem to have a problem with the month long violent protests in Portland etc

1 minute ago, Mike Del said:

I feel like I must defend you here IJ, I’ve never seen you post a racist, sexist, homophobic or bigoted word in this forum.

Thankyou Mike

Jibe by omission notwithstanding...

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Erm, more was the first to take the topic off topic...

What was the topic-the future of the US or the riots?

My point and I'll say it again-ALL VIOLENCE should be met with outrage and disgust by our leaders. This did not happen with BLM however in part due to political reasons-it was in the Democrats interests to have cities burning during Trumps campaign.

This doesn't mean I don't think Trump is an absolute moron-I do and he has thrown away an easy win due to being a divisive moron.

But we should be mindful to being critical of everyone, not being silent when it suits. Its great to see the GOP coming out and condemning what happened and condemning Trump. Its a shame the Dems didnt also condem the violent protests in Portland-as Ive said a couple of times before the like of AOC were advocating and encouraging them...that is my problem.

Edited by more
  • Like 1
48 minutes ago, Prince said:

I’m more than happy to have this locked - there was no ‘trick’ to the post, just incredulity as to what was going down in Washington. My view is the US will take years to heal from this. 

• Like 1
Just now, truck said:

I’m more than happy to have this locked - there was no ‘trick’ to the post, just incredulity as to what was going down in Washington. My view is the US will take years to heal from this. 

How long before transitions heals ? Lol