2020 totals

Given your retired - hypothetically - how much stronger on bike are you now if you can back to do a ‘farewell’ race. Surely with those kilometres - you’d be setting up an attractive bike for a sub 11.00. Running in Ironman is all about bike fitness as you know. 🙂 

3 hours ago, Bosco said:

Given your retired - hypothetically - how much stronger on bike are you now if you can back to do a ‘farewell’ race. Surely with those kilometres - you’d be setting up an attractive bike for a sub 11.00. Running in Ironman is all about bike fitness as you know. 🙂 

I went 5:20ish in my last few IM. I’m confident I could go sub 5 & still drop a 4 to 4:30 marathon

• Like 1

I swam 262km (usually aim for 500). I swam through winter but only did 1 to 1.5 for a lot of those swims instead of 3.5 to 4.

Rode 6494 (usually aim for 10k)

And ran 418km before my knee gave up the ghost.

Happy with that, considering 

Murray Cod: 10

Carp: 20

Aussie Bass: 5

Bream: 5

Flatties: 14

Sleepy Cod:1

Trout: 2

Models built: 5

Flies tied: 70+

Triathlons done: 5

Some regular swimming, cycling, MTB single track, strength work, never more than 2hrs sessions & some very patchy running.  I don't track total distances.  Just do what I can as the body allows, and often when it does not allow.

Have resigned myself to the fact that this is just what it will be from here.  Days of trying to be competitive are gone, just doing it for health & fitness now & to be able to do team events with wife & daughter.

• Like 3

Swim: 1.5km First and last swim for the year on NYE 😁

Bike: 8427km + ~800km on the eMTB

Run: 517km mid year knee op kept me off running for about 5 months so not bad considering

Overall a fair bit down but probably only had about 10 exercise free days through the year and 5 of those were post surgery

• Like 3

Swim: 867km/221hr

Bike: 25552km/758hr

Run: 2601km/203hr

Avg. Per week = 16.6k swim, 492k bike, 50k run

End of 2019, I went about moving to the Sunny Coast to set up a lifestyle where I could work and train as life priorities and minimise time commuting etc. certainly paid off and never been happier! The above, whilst it sounds like a lot, is quite manageable without a whole lot of responsibility outside working (flexible hours) and training

Edited by lachie94
  • Like 3

I’ve never kept track of what I do or when , except in my head 

My training schedule never really changes much so it’s easy to keep track of It in my head 

but did this year for a couple of reasons 

would have done  abit less this year as no Hawaii trip Where I knock out 40hr weeks with no work 

most of my stuff is in endless pool and on trainer. ( no KS counted )  (Only ride on the road On My fatbike  for dec and jan normally And abit at port mac during winter  , the rest is on trainer ) so focussed on hrs not so much KS 
swim 

333hr 12mins (359.90k)

ride 

708hr 08mins (8424k)

run

318hr-42 mins (3016k)

it looks like a lot but I waste no time 

I swim (mostly ) 5 meters from back door 

I ride inside 95% of the time  (It’s soo time efficient)

and run amazing hills from my front gate With my dog 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, ironpo said:

it looks like a lot but I waste no time 

I swim (mostly ) 5 meters from back door 

And you don't even waste time putting togs on 🍑

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, -H- said:

And you don't even waste time putting togs on 🍑

Very true 

I also tried riding on the Trainer   in the nude To save time on washing my nics but it didn’t end well 😫

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, ironpo said:

Very true 

I also tried riding on the Trainer   in the nude To save time on washing my nics but it didn’t end well 😫

Knowing you, I 100% believe you have tried it 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, ironpo said:

Very true 

A Reefman special. 

FM

On 31/12/2020 at 6:10 PM, Bored@work said:

What’s that? I’m retired 

You didn’t read the fine print in the contract we signed for Maryland. It’s said no retirements for at least 30 years!

ps: impressive stats dude. 

Mine were 

bike 6694km

run 505km

swim 57km

Bike was up, but run down from 2014 when i did 2000km running (less biking) but as get older less running. Spending more time on bike and less running.

race’s 2 tri (1 IM, 1 sprint), 1 MTB, 2 trail so very quite year.

Pathetic year.

Bike, 1500km, swim 2.8km, walk 1070k

Sadly, that was better than my previous years totals.