HED Trispoke and Disc - Singles

I bought these in 2009 to race IMWA and did a few halfs on them, but they have been sitting in the shed for too long and it’s time for them to go.  VGC.  They come with a Zipp Titainium rear skewer, sorry the front one is MIA, and wheel bags.  The wheels are in Shepparton Victoria, they can be delivered to Melbourne or posted at the buyer’s expense.  $1,000 firm. Still the fastest wheel set on the planet.

58ECE9DC-F4C2-4897-B1B7-88131E73C5D2.jpeg

I'm trying to buy a HED3 clincher. Some aero testing I know about that was done recently calls bullshit on wider front wheels being faster (basically narrower is better and anything more than a 23mm tire is a waste, even when rolling resistance us thrown in) They reckon the HED is still brilliant and that new weird FFWD Falcon is also better than a spoked wheel. The he'd wins because it looks all kinds of awesome with a disc rear. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2020 at 5:11 AM, Crappy said:

I'm trying to buy a HED3 clincher. Some aero testing I know about that was done recently calls bullshit on wider front wheels being faster (basically narrower is better and anything more than a 23mm tire is a waste, even when rolling resistance us thrown in) They reckon the HED is still brilliant and that new weird FFWD Falcon is also better than a spoked wheel. The he'd wins because it looks all kinds of awesome with a disc rear. 

Still a fan of H3s.  Have 3 of them, a pair on the TT made 2011 (bought from someone in WA a couple of years ago) and  a spare rear.

I'm still using 700x20s (clincher), and have a cache of GP4000 IIs. Tyre not made anymore and  no 700x20 GP5000s being produced.

Kind of funny routinely seeing 28s on road bikes, and 25s on TT.  Get the odd comment by an old timer about my narrows.

Nothing against wides,  have 700x42s on the tourer/graveller.

Be interested in that aero testing. Just as reach peak wide rim and fat tyre time to go  narrow again! Got to love the bike industry and technical marketing. 

Hope you sell the wheels  Hymie :)

I figure I'll be trendy again once the cycle comes back to 19's. Still running Conti Competition 19mm tubulars on my 440's and 950 disc. Also at 140-150 psi, none of this 'balloon' pressure 85's psi stuff for me 😀

• Haha 1
  • 5 months later...