.... so from time to time I have checked in during the last few years to see whats happening. I also know that many many folks read the forum but never register or post. 

So just checked and there were 26 'guests' reading various topics including one that was last commented upon in ..... 2006. The subject of that one would be well and truly out of green underpants and trackies by now..... Ive got a fair idea who a few of them are............ haha. 

Btw Id say the front page of the forum needs some work or an update, if you log onto the website before forum its horrendously outdated and Im sure the two eggheads are nice blokes but Im getting almost as sick of looking at them as I am of the bloke I look at in the mirror every day. 

15 hours ago, Callum Dalgleish McGregor said:

Btw Id say the front page of the forum needs some work or an update

The whole place is about to get an update. Takes a bit more work than we thought to make it work how we want... Maybe end of January or so. 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

How many of those guests are bots?  I don't know if the forum stats show that?  Some sites it'll indicate how many guests are bots, and it can be a good percentage of them.

On 05/12/2020 at 10:51 AM, Callum Dalgleish McGregor said:

.... so from time to time I have checked in during the last few years to see whats happening. I also know that many many folks read the forum but never register or post. 

So just checked and there were 26 'guests' reading various topics including one that was last commented upon in ..... 2006. The subject of that one would be well and truly out of green underpants and trackies by now..... Ive got a fair idea who a few of them are............ haha. 

Btw Id say the front page of the forum needs some work or an update, if you log onto the website before forum its horrendously outdated and Im sure the two eggheads are nice blokes but Im getting almost as sick of looking at them as I am of the bloke I look at in the mirror every day. 

Callum could offer great value with some practical law enforcement on the other thread

Which other thread. Yeah concrete cupcakes. Harden the **** up variety. Im sure  Andrew you garnered considerable amusement and mirth from the antics of Cleaver Greene of counsel and his erstwhile adversary Callum Skiddy McGregor.... Sydney law, politics and scumbag antics at their finest..... problem is truth is become stranger than fiction by the day. 

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Callum Dalgleish McGregor said:

Which other thread. Yeah concrete cupcakes. Harden the **** up variety. Im sure  Andrew you garnered considerable amusement and mirth from the antics of Cleaver Greene of counsel and his erstwhile adversary Callum Skiddy McGregor.... Sydney law, politics and scumbag antics at their finest..... problem is truth is become stranger than fiction by the day. 

It got locked, we have lost our way without your wisdom and Coach@'s and well a few others. I'm not helping so trying to stay strictly Tri Chat, but I keep letting myself get dragged back in.

Anyway good to have you back, maybe you can give me some more tips for crit racing that I won't follow and then I'll moan about my results😀

• Like 2

The main way to get better at crit racing is to race. Ride to and from the race if possible. Dont overthink it, just roll around. Trainer road has some great sessions of 40/20s and shorter bursts. Learn how to ride a wheel and not make enemies, roll your turn its easier than ducking them and embrace the discomfort. Learn to relax in a bunch. Learn which wheels to follow and dont be scared to put yourself in the spot for the primes and the sprints, dont sprint too early. Do some peak efforts on the trainer and try and get a few numbers north of 1000, and some peak 5 second efforts. DONT pedal too big a gear. Learn to float. Learn to relax. Dont freak when someone leans on you. Dont be a dick. Be safe. Enjoy it one day you may not be able to do it. (all of above is a revisory note to self). 

Ill have a look at what threads are locked. I did see with some considerable amusement a gold coast car thief arrested in Sydney yesterday who was taking cars from dealerships and just not returning them was a heavily tattoed...... triathlete. Heaven forbid. What next? Cheating on Zwift? 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Callum Dalgleish McGregor said:

The main way to get better at crit racing is to race. Ride to and from the race if possible. Dont overthink it, just roll around. Trainer road has some great sessions of 40/20s and shorter bursts. Learn how to ride a wheel and not make enemies, roll your turn its easier than ducking them and embrace the discomfort. Learn to relax in a bunch. Learn which wheels to follow and dont be scared to put yourself in the spot for the primes and the sprints, dont sprint too early. Do some peak efforts on the trainer and try and get a few numbers north of 1000, and some peak 5 second efforts. DONT pedal too big a gear. Learn to float. Learn to relax. Dont freak when someone leans on you. Dont be a dick. Be safe. Enjoy it one day you may not be able to do it. (all of above is a revisory note to self). 

Ill have a look at what threads are locked. I did see with some considerable amusement a gold coast car thief arrested in Sydney yesterday who was taking cars from dealerships and just not returning them was a heavily tattoed...... triathlete. Heaven forbid. What next? Cheating on Zwift? 

Thanks, I've been hitting 30 seconds hard starts with up to 2 mins over threshold basically holidng on. This has helped. At the moment I'm racing lower grade and need to get braver at putting myself in the spot to have a go.

I got cat shamed on zwift for being a sand bagger, I'm better at zwift than real world, no suprise that a tricathlete would be better on a video game than in the real world where craft and skill are required.

5 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

To get better race more. Also train with ppl that are better than you. Holding on for dear life on a Saturday bunch ride will get ready for the suffering in a crit.

Yes, I've got to get myself out there more often, still finding too many excuses to not go out and just stay on zwift.

I'm also struggling with the mental aspects of group rides, which is all a bit pitiful for a mid to late forties man :(