Christmas Presents

Heading back home tomorrow after being away for two weeks up the far north NSW coast. Now it’s time to focus on Christmas.

So what are you:-

1) Organising for friends/family ?

2) Wanting for yourself ?

Others. Well, my job is to do everything inside and outside the house. So over to the missus. For me, invest in my health and well-being as I have been crap at this for the last 12 months.

YOU ?????

FM

Edited by Flanman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1, - My wife buys all family & friends gifts. I just pretend I was involved (this includes my wife's Christmas presents)

2, I want a Velo mat for zwifting, new cycling shoes, a Daniel Ricardo T-shirt, Absolute black chain rings, Sunglasses, Yeezy 350, RM Williams boots, Iphone 12

I know I will get jocks and roasted almonds............ same thing every year lol 

• Haha 5

We don't exchange gifts with brothers and sisters (+inlaws) any more.  Stopped with my family a while ago.  It took a few years to convince my brother in law and his family to agree to it.  Three of my last gifts from them were a Nerf laser tag game that required an iPhone to use fully, a Marvel character omnibus edition and a DC character omnibus edition....... We really put some effort in to get them to agree to no gifts!

Still buy them for our parents, in particular for my wife's father as his wife has Alzheimer's; Rob does try to take her shopping.  But it's getting harder and harder to find stuff for them.  Rob's dad already owns all the stuff and has asked us not to get him shirts or books anymore.  My parents aren't much better.

Still buy the nephews and nieces gifts, although most of the time it's gift cards or cash, which we're not fans of, but what else ya gonna do?  And face it, they love getting them.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Flanman said:

Heading back home tomorrow after being away for two weeks up the far north NSW coast. Now it’s time to focus on Christmas.

So what are you:-

1) Organising for friends/family ?

2) Wanting for yourself ?

Others. Well, my job is to do everything inside and outside the house. So over to the missus. For me, invest in my health and well-being as I have been crap at this for the last 12 months.

YOU ?????

FM

We (my wife and I) don't really celebrate Christmas, or birthdays for that matter. We do make a big deal out of our anniversary.

I don't enjoy the festive season and don't get into the spirt, especially since I haven't seen my kids (nearly 4 years now).  My wife and I will spend Christmas day together and will be heading off in the van on Boxing day to private property on Raymond Island to freecamp for 10 days or so. The property will be deserted so hopefully nice and quiet.

We will get in touch with family on the day, but we don't do presents or anything, for either ourselves or family. Would be a different story if we saw the kids.  We are very lucky to pretty much be in a position where we can get whatever it is we are wanting, whenever we want (dependant upon cost may need to save to get something of course), so there is nothing I really want for.......................although wouldn't mind if my new bike I ordered and was told would be here by 10 November actually turned up!!

• Like 1

In Coffs for Xmas, just us and our girls.....assuming Qantas baggage handlers don't go on strike as threatened so the girls can't get there 😡

We'll take our MTBs down to keep a bit of riding going.  Can do open water swims by the jetty.  I might even be able to do a little running again by then.

Don't want or need any pressies.  The Mrs & I have decided no gifts for each other this year, save the $'s for our Tassy holiday in Jan (which the girls and their boyfriends are joining us for).

Spending $'s on experiences and hobbies these days, not useless items that just clutter the house.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Peter said:

New bike.  Sadly I can’t get it until jan.  Australia seem out of stock until then. 

Mine was supposed to be here 10 November. No revised ETA at present so likely it is on the February shipment that is due :(

• Sad 1

I will be away at work for the 4th Christmas / New Year in a row.

We did Christmas before I left. Champers and beer at the beach for breakfast. Followed by a full Christmas lunch and presents. We did get some strange looks wearing Christmas hats at the beach in September. A really fun day.

I turn off social media over Christmas / New Year and concentrate on work.

On 03/12/2020 at 1:47 PM, Peter said:

Its so Hard to buy a bike now. 

We got lucky on the weekend...had been looking for one for 13 year old for ages....finally one in stock Saturday morning....

We weren't sure she'd like the idea so consulted her on the Christmas surprise..

Her first dually

20201205_142902.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Me I'm just going to buy boxes of Jack Vale pooters for those cheap but thoughtful Xmas gifts.

My ex has my older children (30s :lol: ) on Xmas day so we'll have the family bash on Christmas Eve. Hopefully with some nice weather we'll have a BBQed turkey!

1 hour ago, Slowman said:

Me I'm just going to buy boxes of Jack Vale pooters for those cheap but thoughtful Xmas gifts.

My ex has my older children (30s :lol: ) on Xmas day so we'll have the family bash on Christmas Eve. Hopefully with some nice weather we'll have a BBQed turkey!

Thanks for the idea. Pooters have just been purchased for my young ones. :)

On 02/12/2020 at 12:14 PM, chris said:

Rolex Daytona would be nice

My boy will complain about another chrono 🤣 He has a Tudor coming his way from me as an "Engagement Watch", found a deal via Jomashop.

Christmas - I'm getting new bathers - had to try them on. Probably getting bought gin by various olds. The boy is getting new Mizunos. No surprises really.

Going to Echuca for Xmas, then Port for the New Year.

Edited by MissJess
  • Like 1
On 02/12/2020 at 6:46 PM, Merv said:

75 inch TV, my God what have I been missing!!

Ive recently finished renovating my house and upon  plugging the tv back in it didn't work, so I jumped on line and ordered a new one thinking I had ordered the same size I had. Turns out I know nothing about size and now have a 75inch tv in a rather small lounge room. There has been a lot of TV envy (who knew such a thing existed) by tradies and delivery guys that have been in my house since delivery....

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Peter said:

They once said a way to a mans heart was through his stomach.

Now Id say its a big screen tv.

Who knew right. 

When and if I do a dating profile i can use that can't i? 75 inch TV.....

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Who knew right. 

When and if I do a dating profile i can use that can't i? 75 inch TV.....

3 hours ago, roxii said:

and just list your subscriptions Netflix , Stan etc. 

Maybe a picture of a beer fridge and also a camper trailer with fishing rods.

And a dog they weighs more than 20kg

• Haha 2

I got my daughter a custom made fishing rod for catching squid, would wanna catch bloody squid, built by a mate and still cost shitloads.  Matched it to a nice little 3000 size reel with multi colour braid.  And the young fella this arvo got his present from me.  Fish tank with some fishes.  He gets his custom rod for his birthday in a couple months.

if only my wife knew how much the rods cost.  I’m also investigating building myself a nice blue water speargun for chasing wahoo.  Something about 1500mm long out of timber.

9DDD3EF7-3B38-472B-8B12-30F9810E4E40.jpeg

F8082BC1-707F-479B-B04D-D56C4D795DB6.jpeg

74E0EA44-E55C-41F9-A30F-1F50B8DE4D35.jpeg

• Like 5
9 hours ago, KieranR said:

if only my wife knew how much the rods cost.

Thats pretty, a friend of mine would be up for one of those if she fished (she loves my suggestion of pink helmets, shoes and bikes).

As for the cost, do they offer the "what I told her I paid" receipt printing service? ;) 

4 hours ago, MissJess said:

Thats pretty, a friend of mine would be up for one of those if she fished (she loves my suggestion of pink helmets, shoes and bikes).

As for the cost, do they offer the "what I told her I paid" receipt printing service? ;) 

Just the “mates rates” comment will suffice