Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone else is gonna have a crack at the record too!!! 🤣  

I called it over in the other forum 

Transitions is back! Just in time to see IC complete number 100. 💯  respect

Posted Images

13 hours ago, ironpo said:

?

It was a long time posting no. 60. Was concerned he’s succumbed to his wounds. Tough cookie.

... does anyone else think that if you threw rocked at him the rocks would get hurt? 

Edited by Andrew #1
2 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

... does anyone else think that if you threw rocked at him the rocks would get hurt? 

He is tough, but he ain’t Chuck Norris 🤣🤣

41 minutes ago, Fresh said:

Just another day of Ironman being Ironman

image.png.276d3af605e0c23f046341d2d199f8c5.png

Idiots. It's free publicity - you just take it. Someone on slowtwitch must actually own Ironman :wallbash:

4 minutes ago, roxii said:

Just Ironman proving again that its not about the sport but all about the brand. 

Yes, but what did they think he was going to do? I am not sure their brand just increased in value. I'd say it just took a hit. 

Just now, dazaau said:

Yes, but what did they think he was going to do? I am not sure their brand just increased in value. I'd say it just took a hit. 

Absolutely, many a brand have hurt their own image in pursuit of protecting their brand. 

If they were smart now, that he is looking like making it, they should have jumped on board.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, roxii said:

Absolutely, many a brand have hurt their own image in pursuit of protecting their brand. 

If they were smart now, that he is looking like making it, they should have jumped on board.

Indeed. Given his reach it was a stupid move, especially so when previous IM World Champions like Rinny jump onboard with a thumbs up. 

In other news IC is in the hurt locker it seems at the moment. But his times are still very solid, just in a rough spot I guess. Don't know how he does it day after day. 

He has also shaved. Thank goodness. 

Time to change it to "100 long course triathlons equivalent distance to iron distance triathlons in 100 days"  (yes I used distance twice in the sentence intentionally).  The day they changed half ironmans to ironman 70.3 and allowed people to call them selves ironman after doing one is the day they confirmed ironman is the brand, not the distance,

• Like 2
3 hours ago, roxii said:

Just Ironman proving again that its not about the sport but all about the brand. 

absolutely.  

2 hours ago, goughy said:

Time to change it to "100 long course triathlons equivalent distance to iron distance triathlons in 100 days"  (yes I used distance twice in the sentence intentionally).  The day they changed half ironmans to ironman 70.3 and allowed people to call them selves ironman after doing one is the day they confirmed ironman is the brand, not the distance,

umm he has never said the words out of his mouth he is doing 100 Ironman in 100 days.

Even his website has ALWAYS said the below.

If writers of magazines or news articles say Ironman, its not the cowboys fault.

image.thumb.png.9b3386fce6662ab6d758e19664e37791.png

Cool, didn't realise that!  So did IM not realise that either?  Or is it all nothing out of nothing?

7 minutes ago, goughy said:

Cool, didn't realise that!  So did IM not realise that either?  Or is it all nothing out of nothing?

WTC must have realised because they  never asked him not to use it, they asked him to ask others not to use it :D And he refers to them as 100x Ironcowboy Distance Triathlons lol (because I think WTC gave him grief last time). 

4 minutes ago, dazmuzza said:

Clueless Ironman acting clueless again.

You'd think their 'brand' is ripe for the picking. They seem terribly run. 

it's obviously someone's job to send that crap out.

If you do a google search it comes up as Redbull saying it at number one
image.png.9f0507c499bfe37af1cee007df6fe78a.png

Then on his own site 

image.png.42ccec7aaf7da6320231ac3ba65ff23a.png

then within his own site, it clearly says 

image.png.776c54899a77f9c164d8b794772d8c56.png

• Like 1
On 04/05/2021 at 9:40 AM, roxii said:

This. 

ironman is a hard sport. People who do it, have done it, want to do it or are just admirers get this. ‘The brand’ is protected by the simple fact that WTC runs Kona. It is enhanced by celebrating bat shit crazy challenges like IC’s. Like the sub 7 - sub 8 challenge scheduled for next year. 

Sometimes I think the owners of WTC simply don’t ‘get’ the sport. Most of the time however, I am certain that they don’t. Idiots. 

If they did ‘get it’, they would never pass up the marketing opportunity available of getting behind James 100%. 

No wonder WTC (former owners admittedly) fell out with Challenge. Another ‘own goal’. 

On 04/05/2021 at 12:41 PM, Peter said:

Even his website has ALWAYS said the below.

His website originally had numerous references to it being an 'Ironman'.  They have since been removed at the request from Ironman.

While popular and admired in this thread, he seems to be a very polarising character.  I think the biggest sticking point with Ironman was his refusal to abide by WADA rules.  In fact I'm surprised the Guiness Book of Records were not bothered by this.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

His website originally had numerous references to it being an 'Ironman'.  They have since been removed at the request from Ironman.

While popular and admired in this thread, he seems to be a very polarising character.  I think the biggest sticking point with Ironman was his refusal to abide by WADA rules.  In fact I'm surprised the Guiness Book of Records were not bothered by this.

Is he going for a Guinness Record? 

why would he bother? 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Is he going for a Guinness Record? 

why would he bother? 

his 50/50/50 didn't. BUt he would need to conviince them an eliptical is a run - so unlikely. 

however, according to this: https://www.ldsliving.com/Iron-Cowboy-conquer-100-full-distance-triathlons-100-days-endurance-50-documentary/s/94073

If James succeeds in the Conquer 100, he plans on registering the accomplishment with Guinness World Records.

COuld be a nightmare for them, they will need to decide if these types of things need to be WADA compliant. Presumably they already have that decision made, I don't see anything to suggest you can't dope yourself to the eyeballs for guiness records.

Edited by dazaau
10 minutes ago, dazaau said:

his 50/50/50 didn't. BUt he would need to conviince them an eliptical is a run - so unlikely. 

however, according to this: https://www.ldsliving.com/Iron-Cowboy-conquer-100-full-distance-triathlons-100-days-endurance-50-documentary/s/94073

COuld be a nightmare for them, they will need to decide if these types of things need to be WADA compliant. Presumably they already have that decision made, I don't see anything to suggest you can't dope yourself to the eyeballs for guiness records.

Im still confused why wada would be an issue. 

there are records made daily and I’m sure most if not all are no complaint with drug organisations.  

its not the Olympics. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

For example were all 469 people for this Guinness World record drug tested on making this record?

ADED5699-EDE6-45A9-91DC-5D833084600C.png

Edited by Peter

Or this one. Was the guy drug tested at all or checked to see if he was using drips or blood doping?  Doubt it. 

9CFC1B37-207F-436E-B441-32878E4E2D62.png

Wait, I just need to get 500 of my mates to tread water and I can be famous?! 😆

Easier than 

On 04/05/2021 at 9:49 AM, goughy said:

"100 long course triathlons equivalent distance to iron distance triathlons in 100 days"

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

For example were all 469 people for this Guinness World record drug tested on making this record?

ADED5699-EDE6-45A9-91DC-5D833084600C.png

More to the point are they not aware of Kona swim stars pre waves lol

3 minutes ago, xblane said:

Wait, I just need to get 500 of my mates to tread water and I can be famous?! 😆

Easier than 

Just run a 3:01 Marathon while wearing boxing gloves and you will have your very own record!

There are so many easier triathlon records to break. 

ffs. Some guy did a rowing machine bike run and got a record. 

I remember @Flanman did Kurnell once butterfly one legged bike and ran backwards.  He should have applied for a world record. 

18 hours ago, Peter said:

I remember @Flanman did Kurnell once butterfly one legged bike and ran backwards.  He should have applied for a world record. 

That was very disrespectful to the World Championship of farKurnell ... not WADA compliant at all.

21 hours ago, more said:

They should have drug tested this guy..anyone who can eat 29,000 Big Macs has to be on some funky gear...

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-big-macs-consumed

For some reason I thought you had said that it was ~29k Big Macs in a year, not over 44 years.

And I will admit, the idea of a microwaved frozen Big Mac does not sound appetizing.

7 hours ago, Cape_Horn said:

For some reason I thought you had said that it was ~29k Big Macs in a year, not over 44 years.

And I will admit, the idea of a microwaved frozen Big Mac does not sound appetizing.

Didn't he write a book about his achievements?🤪

12 minutes ago, The new guy said:

Interestingly a day or so after the 'dont use our name' post from Ironman, the IC group has released their own long course race in Utah under the Xtri brand. Well played.

Indeed. Seems to be in the extreme iron distance category.

Judging by the name nutrition will be banned - should make it properly difficult :lol:  https://starvationxtri.com/ 

2 minutes ago, xblane said:

I can't see Instagram without an account. And I refuse on principle! But I hear be really really struggled the last bit of the walk yesterday/today.

• 5 weeks later...

Massive pack on the bike. And that is him right at the front pushing the wind for everyone behind. 
twits will hate that. As I’m sure they would be saying he is just sitting in. 

B130FB6C-A756-4B68-AF24-640BB6C9CCE2.png

0C48CD85-2D1F-4800-A5B3-0AB0D8E87179.jpeg

FE8B5A88-B0BF-4553-AA7A-1DA307F03504.jpeg

• Like 1

He cranked it up today, and had a bit of a meltdown. 5 hour marathon, and a 12.27 total time...Fastest of the 100 on his final day. Goes to show how he was pacing.  What a freaking epic achievement. Slowtwits will be in meltdown trying to talk it down.

Edited by The new guy
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, The new guy said:

He cranked it up today, and had a bit of a meltdown. 5 hour marathon, and a 12.27 total time...Fastest of the 100 on his final day. Goes to show how he was pacing.  What a freaking epic achievement. Slowtwits will be in meltdown trying to talk it down.

Big achievement

Amazing 

I thought it would never be done 

pity it won’t get the coverage and or accolades this epic achievement deserves 

8 minutes ago, ironpo said:

Amazing 

I thought it would never be done 

pity it won’t get the coverage and or accolades this epic achievement deserves 

Some coverage. But it comes down to a PR person that he needs. 

824B8464-D18C-4F66-AE87-8CC80E4D2381.jpeg

• Like 1