New Canyon Speedmax Unveiled Tonight

37 minutes ago, roxii said:

You due for an upgrade mate? 

Haha, nah mate, I'm very lucky with my bike, it's a bloody ripper 😊.

This new Canyon though, bloody hell, they have absolutely nailed it, it's awesome!!

What a Tri bike, just wicked!

PS: Hope you're goin' really great, champion 😊.

Who can actually afford one?

$20k for the top end without a disc rear wheel...

only 2 year warranty 
No store support

I think Canyon have created something great for the pro's but not sure how many are going to spend these prices 

• Confused 1

Easy-travel design

If you’re starting out in triathlon, you want a bike that’s as easy as possible to box up and travel with.

By keeping the brake line exposed, the cockpit is as simple to remove and assemble as a standard road bar.

We compensate for the added drag by shaping the frame using cutting-edge CFD technology.
11 hours ago, MackaEvo2 said:

Who can actually afford one?

$20k for the top end without a disc rear wheel...

only 2 year warranty 
No store support

I think Canyon have created something great for the pro's but not sure how many are going to spend these prices 

The shimano 105 level is NZD 6.4k so cost comparable with a Cervelo px

2 hours ago, rory-dognz said:

The shimano 105 level is NZD 6.4k so cost comparable with a Cervelo px

For that money you could get a Trek Speed concept with ultegra and I think it’s fair to say the speed concept is a better bike than the entry speedmax

2 hours ago, MackaEvo2 said:

For that money you could get a Trek Speed concept with ultegra and I think it’s fair to say the speed concept is a better bike than the entry speedmax

There's a new Speed Concept on the way too. My bike fitter has a bit to do with them and told me to hold off. 

2 hours ago, Crappy said:

There's a new Speed Concept on the way too. My bike fitter has a bit to do with them and told me to hold off. 

I currently have one and have been waiting for the new speed concept.
This and the new Shimano groupset was something I thought we might have seen already.

Are you able to say what you heard? Expected launch date? sticking with rim only?

8 hours ago, MackaEvo2 said:

Are you able to say what you heard? Expected launch date? sticking with rim only?

It'll be disc brake, I will send him an email and ask launch date. I wasn't too worried cosidering I wont be racing till March and the P3 is still pretty good all things considered. 

1 hour ago, Lost in transition said:

2 year warranty. Enough said. I look at it like car warrenty, the less warrenty, the less confidence in their product.

Warrenty matters to me. 

This is exactly the reason why I have always bought a specialized.  

I've broken a few frames and always been replaced no questions asked.

I'm told Trek and Giant are the same