PTO Championship - Challenge Daytona

Both Ryf and Jan are members of the PTO and have donated to the PTO Covid relief fund that is being run as part of the Daytona race. Being financially secure they do not need to take the risk of travelling through plague central to race at Daytona.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nowhere to hide. You get out of aero and you’re gone. Nine course is perfectly suited to sanders, and a 20 meter draft zone (including distance cones set up around the course) should mean a genuine bi

I am still catching up on IM Talk podcasts. Just listened to the Emma Carney one. Great interview. She is so competitive.

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, roxii said:

I noticed Belinda Granger is travelling there to commentate. 

I would have thought that was some unnecessary and risky travel. 

Must be a good payday.  She's going to have to sit in a hotel on return for 14 days too.

On 24/11/2020 at 8:36 PM, IronmanFoz said:

Crappy - you were right - I was wrong. Apologies. There was to be some age group stuff. But seriously it would have had to be chaos with age groups in there, though I guess they would be different events schedule across the weekend. Challenge have to make money somehow - though Covid has stuffed that up.

There are age group races spread over the weekend. 2000+ athletes think that travelling from all over the US to a state with 6000+ Covid infections a day and then returning to their families is a good idea. 

3 minutes ago, dazaau said:

That's an expensive protein bar....

6 minutes ago, Prince said:

it appears to be at least $35 Aussie to  watch. not sure how I feel about this. 

I'll just look up the results online. No big deal but would have been good.

You can donate $0 and watch I believe. I registered and $0 was an option. It is weird that if you do want to donate it is at least $35AUD. They should have had lower options in there.

Edited by dazaau
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, dazaau said:

You can donate $0 and watch I believe. I registered and $0 was an option. It is weird that if you do want to donate it is at least $35AUD. They should have had lower options in there.

Definitely, a lot of people would be happy to pay $10, but will end up paying zero rather than $35

• Like 2
1 hour ago, -H- said:

Definitely, a lot of people would be happy to pay $10, but will end up paying zero rather than $35

Yep, that was exactly my thoughts, I was happy to donate $10, I was looking for the option to do this, when I couldn't, I also donated $0.

8 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

There are age group races spread over the weekend. 2000+ athletes think that travelling from all over the US to a state with 6000+ Covid infections a day and then returning to their families is a good idea. 

Are there still age group races happening? I thought there weren't anymore. If so wonder what % competitors will fly home positive. I find it hard to believe so many pro athletes would be risking the travel and exposure, but I guess $$$ talk.

8 hours ago, Trier said:

Are there still age group races happening? I thought there weren't anymore. If so wonder what % competitors will fly home positive. I find it hard to believe so many pro athletes would be risking the travel and exposure, but I guess $$$ talk.

According to the Challenge website the AG races are still going ahead. You can still sign up for the events which have not sold out.

• Confused 1
48 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

According to the Challenge website the AG races are still going ahead. You can still sign up for the events which have not sold out.

After thanksgiving weekend I assume the US have just given up and are just marking time till a vaccine comes along.  

11 minutes ago, roxii said:

After thanksgiving weekend I assume the US have just given up and are just marking time till a vaccine comes along.  

Seems so.

I'm in disbelief the age group events are going ahead.  Daytona had 6659 new cases yesterday.

image.thumb.png.8f1490e0ccde5db25a49610ff4ec1137.png

image.png.1c45fb210a72394b6ca22696d6d6b1b5.png

Edited by Peter
  • Sad 1
16 minutes ago, roxii said:

Sadly there are ~1500 less Americans each day marking time until the vaccine comes out.

5 hours ago, Peter said:

Skip to 2:15. Very interesting view on where to finish and what’s a success

At the start of the vid your monkey friend was keepin' good time with the beat, haha, made me chuckle 😁.

7 hours ago, Limited said:

GTN mentioned that Fox sports would have coverage of the race in aus when they did the preview. But I can’t find it listed anywhere on Kayo 

I couldn't find it anywhere on the Fox Sports Guide either.

1 hour ago, Ironnerd said:

If I have calculated the times correctly the start times are:

Sunday 6th 23:00 (WA) Women's Pro Race Start

Monday 7th December 03:00 am (WA) Men's Pro Race Start

I won't be watching it live.

I doubt any of us will be watching live.  

yes it is this years “Kona” 

im sure the coverage will be fantastic. 

the performances will be terrific. 

but the time sucks.  Couldn’t actually be much worse for Australians. 

44 minutes ago, Chuckie M said:

Will it end up on youtube or a torrent site so i can watch it on my next day off?. Some of us actually work here. I do work for the Qld Gov.🤪

I'm at work, I'm watching :)

25 minutes ago, -H- said:

A. Brownlee has pulled a calf

A shame as the battle between him and Iden looked to have been good. As it stands it is all done.

That course would be the worst. Mind blowingly horrible.