What races are you doing this season?

All the talk of late has been about cancellations etc... Now that races are going ahead what races are you all doing? At least what races are on and not sold out?

I have none planned till at least April at this point, I only got back to training 3 months ago and not quite feeling ready. 

70.3 Melbourne should have been this weekend.

Such a shame.  A 14 day rolling average of 0.

3 active cases in the entire state, of which 2 are in Hospital.

Can have groupers bigger than 10.

Shame we arent in Queensland given they ran Sunny Coast.

Hoping the local races get up now.  Seems positive they will.

2XU and Geelong 70.3

Nothing committed race wise until May at this stage with IMOZ. I'll probably end up doing Husky Ultimate.

TO wise I will need to be at Kurnell and Wollongong at least to maintain my accreditation. With a much smaller number of open races on (our club is running club sanction only due to the open race paperwork and COVID management) we don't get the opportunity to work, or it's so far out of Sydney that we have to stay the night.

Entered Melbourne 70.3 Nov 2021.  Should be enough time to get my cycling and swimming back into form.

Haven't decided if I'll do any races this Summer.  If I do, they will only be short course.

33 minutes ago, Rob said:

Entered Melbourne 70.3 Nov 2021.  Should be enough time to get my cycling and swimming back into form.

Haven't decided if I'll do any races this Summer.  If I do, they will only be short course.

You going to do The unofficial Melbourne 70.3 this weekend?  I hear a few are doing it.

2 hours ago, Peter said:

You going to do The unofficial Melbourne 70.3 this weekend?  I hear a few are doing it.

No, I would drown before I made it 1.9km in the water.

Since Geelong 70.3 in Feb, I have swam once (in the Bay about 2 weeks ago) and ridden twice (last 2 Saturdays).

• Haha 1

Signed up for Challenge Wanaka and IMNZ, Wanaka because I registered the day after this year's race and IMNZ because I can roll it over to next year if I can't go, which seems more and more likely. If international travel opens up, I'll look at other races in Australia then. Otherwise, maybe Roth or IMWA 2021.

We'll see how it turns out tomorrow.  But to me the forecast in the morning looks reasonably good.  It all goes to shit in the afternoon and evening

33 minutes ago, -H- said:

Yep, would have been shit. Today on the other hand.... 👌 

I know. Was absolutely amazing out today on the bike and its fantastic now too.  

If you own a bike in melbourne there was a high chance you were on beach road  

Just home from a swim in the bay. 

• Like 1

The yearly commitment of Mooloolaba Oly, Port 70.3 and uta50 (run) are so far only commitments. Not long ago the list of probables was much higher, another mini Kenneth on the way has seen me with instructions to not dare go anywhere in June! 

So I’ll get some of the local ones in over summer. I’ll start thinking about it again once recovered from last weekends trail run. I’ve never before had doms a week later 😂

Peaks challenge Falls creek

Giro Della Donna

I have a local mountain that I have unfinished business with that needs taking care of

Maybe an everesting if I'm not broken

Yes, I went for a run today and I don't think I can call myself a runner anymore, not even a triathlete 😮 maybe next season 

March - Mooloolaba OD

May - Port Mac 70.3

June - Cairns IM

Sep - Sunshine Coast 70.3

Nov - Noosa tri

All events and accom are locked in. I went with Cairns full IM because I’m a Qlder and it’s the least riskiest option for me.

Hawaii 70.3, which was meant to be this year, has been punted to 2022.

• Like 1
On 18/11/2020 at 7:45 AM, Crappy said:

That's awesome!

Lets be realistic. Whilst I did win my age group by I think 10 mins. It was a small field. In my view - all the good guys were busy that day!

I still don't get the COVID restriction thing there placing on Races. I think Maitland had about 450 entrants split over 3 races (Sprint, OD & long Course). But why o' why can we only have 450 people in a race when they can have 40K + at football games. Reeks of beaurocratic stupidity.

• Like 2

Cairns IM was filling up pretty quick so have made the commitment.  It’s funny how on paper it seems so far into the future but when you sit down to do a training plan, I need more time.  

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Prince said:

Cairns IM was filling up pretty quick so have made the commitment.  It’s funny how on paper it seems so far into the future but when you sit down to do a training plan, I need more time.  

Everyone, always need more time! :Lol: but normally it's not till you rack your bike that you want it... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Prince said:

I too am doing Cairns (after Port). I am currently training a mate to do his first IM. Will be a challenge to the him to the line. I am more confident than him :)

Oh.... and what constitutes filling up fast.

Edited by IronmanFoz
  • Like 2

Was meant to be Eton Dorney Marathon tomorrow but lockdown kicked that one into next year. 

That's it now for me, nothing else, which IIRC, the only official race I've done this whole year was Winchester 10km back in Feb.

Edited by FatPom

Just had the best race briefing ever!

When describing the bike course, they had a bloke out the front on a windtrainer, riding the course with a big video screen of a lap.

But fark me Hamilton is hilly!  Thankfully the Mrs is doing the ride and run, I'm only swimming for her.  One hill is 17.3% 😆. The max. we ride is about 12%.

And it is really technical with some big downhills & 90 deg bends.  And the rims on her old race wheels have a big ridge in them so the brakes pulse like a biatch.

And the run has a mega hill.

Should be a good day....for me.  Mind you, I did a bit of fly-fishing near the swim course today and there is a stingray about every 10m!

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Just had the best race briefing ever!

When describing the bike course, they had a bloke out the front on a windtrainer, riding the course with a big video screen of a lap.

But fark me Hamilton is hilly!  Thankfully the Mrs is doing the ride and run, I'm only swimming for her.  One hill is 17.3% 😆. The max. we ride is about 12%.

And it is really technical with some big downhills & 90 deg bends.  And the rims on her old race wheels have a big ridge in them so the brakes pulse like a biatch.

And the run has a mega hill.

Should be a good day....for me.  Mind you, I did a bit of fly-fishing near the swim course today and there is a stingray about every 10m!

I did the ride on fulgaz some time ago, it was not something I wanted to do again 😂