What are u afraid of?

Smalls spaces kind of but mostly when I can’t move my limbs. I think it’s why I like cycling and motorbikes rather than cars....

...and 6yr olds 😄

Edited by FatPom
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Ayto said:

Nope ropes.

This little bastard scared the bejeezus outta me today

20201101_201911.jpg

I was playing with these a few weeks back when the owner was taking them for a “walk” in the park. Beautiful creatures 

46903947-EE07-4CD5-9A8E-7599049C8D04.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, roxii said:

I was playing with these a few weeks back when the owner was taking them for a “walk” in the park. Beautiful creatures 

46903947-EE07-4CD5-9A8E-7599049C8D04.jpeg

image.png.201dc409f9a3e2c6aad5ba47aebac339.png

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Flanman said:

The idea of death....

FM

Wow.  Really interesting.  I’m not scared to die. Unless its in A fire. 

but I could get killed tomorrow and I’m not scared of it. 

14 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Those big clams in the ocean.  I always want to touch one but I’m scared they’ll slam shut and I’ll get my hand stuck and then drown

The giant clams can't 'snap' shut as far as I know, as they need muscle to close the valve.  Some scallops and abs would be more of a worry.

11 hours ago, KieranR said:

Those big clams in the ocean.  I always want to touch one but I’m scared they’ll slam shut and I’ll get my hand stuck and then drown

You have been watching too many episodes of the TV series Tarzan as a kid. Hmmm 1966 - maybe you were a bit young :), Though I would have seen it in the 70's

17 hours ago, KieranR said:

I have touched them. From memory, they close as you approach them - not all the way and slowly. They are pretty thick inside. 

Still, I didn’t want to bother them as they are so beautiful. 

FM

20 hours ago, Peter said:

Wow.  Really interesting.  I’m not scared to die. Unless its in A fire. 

but I could get killed tomorrow and I’m not scared of it. 

Over the last twelve months I have been watching too many of those YouTube clips that showed who died in 2019, Oct, of Covid etc. they were here one minute then gone the next. Loving life, working, acting, playing sport etc then, whoosh - dead in the ground and just a memory. 

Whilst I don’t want to get in a discussion on the afterlife, I guess it’s just like falling asleep and not waking up. The idea of never thinking or being again is quite disturbing. 

FM

8 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

You have been watching too many episodes of the TV series Tarzan as a kid. Hmmm 1966 - maybe you were a bit young :), Though I would have seen it in the 70's

or Sea Hunt

7 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Spiders. Yuk

Me too. If I am reading a book or newspaper and there is a photo of a spider....i usually throw it 🤢🤢

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not scared of snakes, spiders, bugs, heights, death, confined spaces or any of the normal list of things. Like everyone else though, sharks! Bit worried about those f&*kers now and then. 

20 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Not scared of snakes, spiders, bugs, heights, death, confined spaces or any of the normal list of things. Like everyone else though, sharks! Bit worried about those f&*kers now and then. 

I love sharks- I see them all the time when diving.  Here’s a tiger shark from a few dives ago.  We were diving in about 8m of water and he popped in to see what was going on

C00E0683-7505-4BC8-9416-6DC0BDF3E665.jpeg

• Like 3

When i was younger I would often to succumb to my fears and not do the thing that scared me. I go to about 12 and was sick of backing out of stuff so pretty much anything that scares me I will do, within reason.

My mates think I am a bit fearless, the truth is I have many fears, but have over time learned to control the fear. In the USA we went to this quarry to jump off a cliff (into water). Someone had painted the heights of the various cliffs, the biggest one was 110 feet. We hiked to the top, within a few seconds of getting there, after a quick glance over I ran and jumped off. It was freaking high. Only one other person jumped. They all thought I was mad and fearless, truth be told I was shitting myself, just did it without hesitation so I didn't give my brain chance to process the fear. And as you do more stuff like that, you don't become braver, just better at controlling the fear. 

This is a similar height:

Edited by zed
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, KieranR said:

I love sharks- I see them all the time when diving.  Here’s a tiger shark from a few dives ago.  We were diving in about 8m of water and he popped in to see what was going on

C00E0683-7505-4BC8-9416-6DC0BDF3E665.jpeg

I've dived with loads of sharks when I lived in the Solomon Islands, nothing massive. I would love to free dive without a cage with a Great White that wasn't hungry. I'm not sure I would, but it would be super cool. 

4 hours ago, zed said:

I've dived with loads of sharks when I lived in the Solomon Islands, nothing massive. I would love to free dive without a cage with a Great White that wasn't hungry. I'm not sure I would, but it would be super cool. 

Yes I’d happily jump in the water if I saw a GW, I’d hang off the back of the boat though until I felt comfy with it’s behaviour and I’d have my spear gun (unloaded) pointed in its direction at all times.  Just about every shark encounter I’ve had it’s been when spear fishing, some are cruisey and just hanging around, others are far more aggressive and will hound you.  It’s at this time you need to asses and make a decision is it safe to stay in the water.  I’ll happily shoot fish when sharks are around .  It’s the reef and whaler sharks that become an issue because They will nail fish on the spear that have just been shot 

• Sad 1