Guest Jim Shortz

That's ****ing Hardcore. What a strong woman. Awesome bravery. 

Not entirely appropriate. Hopefully that behaviour is taken into context by the viewers. 

1 hour ago, Jim Shortz said:

That's ****ing Hardcore. What a strong woman. Awesome bravery. 

Not entirely appropriate. Hopefully that behaviour is taken into context by the viewers. 

Yeah made me feel a bit uncomfortable, heck he wasnt even jabbing but was throwing hooks and upper cuts...sheesh...

Just watching and saw them refer to Bella, a conwoman. 

Good the contestants and came up with "Arabella Del Busso  (model)"

Is that the cancer conwoman from Adelaide? 

If so..... sh#t 

Edited by Turts
Guest Jim Shortz
19 minutes ago, Turts said:

There's a lot of people here who've shat on other people in their past .... looking for redemption? 

Na. 

Otherwise I would have gotten a call 

Guest Jim Shortz
2 hours ago, Jim Shortz said:

Na. 

Otherwise I would have gotten a call 

Apologies.*

Wrong thread. 

* this is something I'm working on with my counsellor. 

11 hours ago, Turts said:

Just watching and saw them refer to Bella, a conwoman. 

Good the contestants and came up with "Arabella Del Busso  (model)"

Is that the cancer conwoman from Adelaide? 

If so..... sh#t 

Nah, she is a real piece of work this one, to be honest Im flabbergasted that any show would give her any air time or any additional fame. 

She was the girlfriend of an NRL player and lied to him that they were pregnant to try and save their relationship, then claimed she miscarried, then when the relationship ended anyway she accused him of domestic violence. 

He went through hell on both the "miscarriage" and the DV accusations. 

She is a right piece of work. 

• Thanks 3
6 minutes ago, roxii said:

Nah, she is a real piece of work this one, to be honest Im flabbergasted that any show would give her any air time or any additional fame. 

She was the girlfriend of an NRL player and lied to him that they were pregnant to try and save their relationship, then claimed she miscarried, then when the relationship ended anyway she accused him of domestic violence. 

He went through hell on both the "miscarriage" and the DV accusations. 

She is a right piece of work. 

Said she had 11 aliases?  WTF for? 

From what I've seen of the shorts, its just a lot of blokes yelling and screaming at people till they break.  

Wonder how that stacks up in todays PC world and what message is it sending to a generation that seem to have a lot of difficulty separating  "Reality" TV from Reality. 

Don't intend to watch.

Guest Jim Shortz
1 hour ago, -- AJ -- said:

From what I've seen of the shorts, its just a lot of blokes yelling and screaming at people till they break.  

Sounds like my Under 17's footy coach 😂

On 20/10/2020 at 11:44 AM, Peter said:

Whats the goal of the show?

Last person to give up?

QuoteSpeaking exclusively to Daily Mail Australia on Friday, a production source revealed what the stars earned for participating in Channel Seven's military-style reality show.
  •  

According to the insider, most of the contestants were paid between $30,000 and $50,000

Isn't a bit like the argument between the swimmer, the runner and the cyclist and ironman? Just a broader scale of people and a different competition but in the end, who really has what it takes?   I think if you went in this just "for a challenge" you would be a little surprised!

Schlappelle gone after day 2 ... I remember thinking you might have all the mental toughness in the world doing 15 years in a Bali prison (wrongfully :lol: ) but when you need physical fitness it won't matter at all.

• Like 1

This is the stuff I love. I love doing that type of stuff....but to be honest the cold would get me...... though.....because I am a stubborn prick, the medics would have to pull me away.

What I love about these shows with ‘so called’ celebrities is them all talking themselves up off camera like Roxy Jacenko who says she failed at nothing. She was my tip to be first out....regardless of a supposedly fracture pelvis 6 weeks earlier which I call bullshit on. If that was the case she would never have been allowed on the show for medical reasons.

Mitchell Johnson...another one......say no more other than soft. He even claimed he had mental issues due to the Barmy Army....give me a break.

The con artist chick..... not ever going to give her any thought. 

Edited by IronmanFoz
Typo. Miss typed 'cold' on first like to read. OLD.
  • Like 2
On 29/10/2020 at 5:02 PM, IronmanFoz said:

This is the stuff I love. I love doing that type of stuff....but to be honest the. Old would get me...... though.....because I am a stubborn prick, the medics would have to pull me away.

You might surprise yourself. 

I just spent two weeks in field. The "old guys"( 5 of us over 40), would line up every morning for our anti inflamantories and pain killers. The stubborn prick in me didn't want to quit or have the 20 year olds beat me. Out of 45 opl  I was finishing in the top 5 to 7 in most challenges. The only diffence is they would go out on the piss on the weekends, while I was booking in for a massage & visit to physio before sleeping all afternoon.  

During one of the running challenges one of the pricks said "keep up boy" to me.  Got my revenge in the pool the next day, he couldn't swim for shit so I made sure I was behind him & dragging him under every chance I got. 

Are they eating ration packs? (I haven't been watching the show) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Is this something like the UK ‘Are you tough enough’ series - where they put ordinary punters - not celebrities - who have no military experience through a very much watered down (but still brutal) version of the SAS selection course? I found the one series that I’ve watched of that compelling and it came as no surprise to me that the tiny, middle aged female nurse and ultra runner won. Tough as nails.

11 hours ago, Turts said:

Its all a little too fake and set up for me 

All reality TV shows have a degree of fakeness to it, however probably not much in this one.

I do admit that when they put a hood over there head to take them to interoogation - Thats a bit lame.

But the challenges for me are pretty real in that when they are shivering and freezing, I know I'd be suffering. The cold gets to me. When I go skiing I always start the day with 5 layers - my theory is its easier to cool down than it is to warm up on the cold days.

Last night on SAS they jump out of a helicopter - into the lake 4 degrees with full packs and had to swim 500 metres.... took them over 20 minutes. Then the had to run 3 km up a hill with said full packs. Shannon from Biggest Loser fame was a complete mess - hypothermia big time. That is not put on.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

All reality TV shows have a degree of fakeness to it, however probably not much in this one.

I do admit that when they put a hood over there head to take them to interoogation - Thats a bit lame.

But the challenges for me are pretty real in that when they are shivering and freezing, I know I'd be suffering. The cold gets to me. When I go skiing I always start the day with 5 layers - my theory is its easier to cool down than it is to warm up on the cold days.

Last night on SAS they jump out of a helicopter - into the lake 4 degrees with full packs and had to swim 500 metres.... took them over 20 minutes. Then the had to run 3 km up a hill with said full packs. Shannon from Biggest Loser fame was a complete mess - hypothermia big time. That is not put on.

Yep agree. 

Putting the hood on & removing the ability to see would have an effect on the contestants. I think they do it to mess with their heads not for the viewers at home. Do they also cuff them?

27 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Yep agree. 

Putting the hood on & removing the ability to see would have an effect on the contestants. I think they do it to mess with their heads not for the viewers at home. Do they also cuff them?

Sort of - they are led to the interogation room with there hands together and directed by a guard but I don't think they are actually handcuffed with cuffs.

Next week episodes it looks like they will let them have a video chat with family.... I reckon that this is to play with there heads next time they have a tough challenge.....to see how easy it is for someone to pull the plug.

15 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Sort of - they are led to the interogation room with there hands together and directed by a guard but I don't think they are actually handcuffed with cuffs.

Next week episodes it looks like they will let them have a video chat with family.... I reckon that this is to play with there heads next time they have a tough challenge.....to see how easy it is for someone to pull the plug.

It's all a big game. 

I would like to give the show a crack. 

Just now, Bored@work said:

It's all a big game. 

I would like to give the show a crack. 

Me too. And a few others. Survivor, Amazing Race. Lets team up for Amazing race. We'd kick butt!

53 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Yep agree. 

Why would they cuff real sas people? 

despite this, even if they did, they can at any point just say, I quit and its over Right?

anyone know what they win?

2 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Yeah, I struggle with most reality shows. 

But this is the bit I find lame.  The "shed" where they sleep, the rough looking tin walls but really it's properly built and lit etc.  The hoods, pretending they're intimidated. 

They know its a show - so that fear factor is silly really. It's just roleplaying where the repurcussions are you quit and go home to your fancy house and loads of money already. 

1 hour ago, Turts said:

Yeah, I struggle with most reality shows. 

But this is the bit I find lame.  The "shed" where they sleep, the rough looking tin walls but really it's properly built and lit etc.  The hoods, pretending they're intimidated. 

They know its a show - so that fear factor is silly really. It's just roleplaying where the repurcussions are you quit and go home to your fancy house and loads of money already. 

Having recently spent time in field and running scnario's. You know it's all a big game but it still scares the shit out of you and gets your adrenlin pumping. 

Jumping out of choppers, firing weapons, getting yelled at etc - the fear factor is real and not silly at all. 

Hunger, sleep deprevation, cold, anxiety and then being blind foldered and lead into an interogation that will expose your past and things your are potentially ashamed off is intimidating. 

I would be intimidated by the interogaion with out the blindfold, sleep deprevation etc.....

• Like 1