Rich people. Is this true?

I think it just gets to the point where you're making so much money that you can't possibly spend it all and so your wealth continues to rise regardless of what you do.

A position I'd seriously like to be in.

• Haha 1

Tech stocks have risen out of proportion since the Pandemic started. The markets are gambling on who are going to be the winners through the pandemic. There will be a correction at some point. The figures you are quoting are probably the value of stock that they hold in their own company. It is not their cash position. Steve Jobs was a multi billionaire. Didn't help him much.

1 hour ago, -- AJ -- said:

I think it just gets to the point where you're making so much money that you can't possibly spend it all and so your wealth continues to rise regardless of what you do.

A position I'd seriously like to be in.

Yeah ive often said this-once you have your mansion in every capital, sports cars, boats, a private island or 3 and private jets you run out of things to spend money on. 

Imagine a $15k bike seeming cheap.. I reckon it would be sad in a way, you would lose the excitement, it would just be...meh... Another bike.. 

Guest Jim Shortz

How big are those numbers in words. I only can recognise a million written down. Not that I have ever seen that in regards to myself. 👍✌️

5 hours ago, Mr Tinman said:

The outrage over the wealth of Bezos always makes me laugh

People calling him out yet continue to shop at Amazon.

Its like People that buy under the flight path complaining about the planes. 

or about kids making too much noise when you bought next to a school.  

Guest Jim Shortz
10 minutes ago, Peter said:

Or Triathletes entering an Ironman and complaining about the drafting.... 

Guest Jim Shortz
51 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

Or people who buy an apartment above a coffee shop and complain about cyclists parking their bikes on the grass out the front and the noise.

#lotonelyfe 🤣🤣🤣👍

4 hours ago, Peter said:

Out here its people buying out of town on a dirt road and petitioning council to get it sealed because of the dust (for the 3 people that live on that road)

Maybe. But I have never purchased anything from Amazon. So I can give myself a hall pass on this lol.  All those zeros haven't come without cost to millions of others. And its only going to accelerate from here.

Just my take on it.

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 10:24 PM, CharlieB said:

Nine zeros = billions Jim.

I cant see it is good for humanity that so few have so much. 

These billions are generally the biggest philanthropists. How is that a bad thing?

In total, at least $171 billion from the coffers of Forbes 400 members — a cohort with a collective $3.2 trillion net worth — has ended up in the hands of charities and nonprofit institutions. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jenniferwang/2020/09/08/the-new-forbes-philanthropy-score-how-we-ranked-each-forbes-400-billionaire-based-on-their-giving/#9a303c49eba9

They probably get good tax breaks ...so what.

On the other side of the coin though....... my daughter was at the coffee shop and some charity worker was hasling them for donations - she said she had no cash - the guy who was hasling them said we take EZFTPOS etc... being naive or too afraid to say no... she relented and gave $5.00 The guy gave no receipt, just a couple of raffle tickets - and on her bank statement was a $30 DR. 

Best learning experience she will ever get I guess. The bank is now taking care of this fiasco.