I have somethnig from Anaconda. The clamp wind out and expand quite wide, but I have also wrapped and taped towels on the clamp so i dont damage my frame. I also dont go ballistic when clamping down. I think it cost about $100. My father in law has one from Aldi, and that quite good as well. I am no professional mechaic, so it suits my needs of swapping wheels, changing chains, cleaning etc.

• Like 1

Thanks all.

I would prefer the seat post clamp option for the quick changing of wheels and brake pads. A park tool one would be nice but I'd rather buy more bike parts.

I think i'll just get one like the Anaconda one and clamp gently with plenty of cushioning.

cheers

15 minutes ago, amelket said:

Thanks all.

I would prefer the seat post clamp option for the quick changing of wheels and brake pads. A park tool one would be nice but I'd rather buy more bike parts.

I think i'll just get one like the Anaconda one and clamp gently with plenty of cushioning.

cheers

How much is the anaconda one? There are a few on ebay for around $90 that look ok

On 19/10/2020 at 5:18 PM, fiftyplus said:

I have an Aldi workstand and it’s great for general cleaning, changing chains and tuning etc. and also use foam pads or similar around clamp to protect carbon.

Yes I have a few of them - they are also a great as a (very cheap) general purpose 35kg tripod - with a bit of modification I have used them for camera boom stands, Big portable TV stands, display stands and, of course, i use them as bike stands too. :)

3inch steel pipe from roof of office across to workbench wall (with a rag on it to protect the seat)

(my "office" is a 3 *3  metre concrete block cell inside of my man-cave 6 * 14m steel shed - one day I may even fit a car in it....)

Edited by trifun
detail