Have a work mate who seems pleasant enough.  Virtually every conversation she enters into she relates back to husband and kids.  When a kid farts it also goes onto social media.  Other women in this position aren't carrying on half as much.  Is it possible to be so blissfully happy ? Cause at time it seems she is beating everyone over the head with it, and might be over compensating for something else.

46 minutes ago, Merv said:

Have a work mate who seems pleasant enough.  Virtually every conversation she enters into she relates back to husband and kids.  When a kid farts it also goes onto social media.  Other women in this position aren't carrying on half as much.  Is it possible to be so blissfully happy ? Cause at time it seems she is beating everyone over the head with it, and might be over compensating for something else.

Everyone is different. I know a lady at work who has a young child that you wouldn't even knew existed. Her life focus is work. Others is their family. 

Some work to live, others Iive to work. Some people are private, others are an open book.. 

TBH I can't stand work colleagues who can only talk about work, every lunch break, dinner, conference is work related talk... FFS do you even have a life? 

• Like 1

Im sure we are all a bit the same, at my work we are all "long termers"  we have gone from gushing about our newborns to now all complaining about our teenagers.  :lol: 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Merv said:

Have a work mate who seems pleasant enough.  Virtually every conversation she enters into she relates back to husband and kids.  When a kid farts it also goes onto social media.  

Sounds like conversations with a lot of triathletes. 

Old joke - how will you know someone is a triathlete? They will tell you!  :trumpet:

People like to talk about what is important to them. Obviously family is most important for your work colleague.

• Like 1

Apparently there was a marital indiscretion at some point.  The running mums are quite competitive and look to be constantly trying to one up each other, with experiences etc

If this is going to turn into some kind of days of ours lives drama thread..... then awesome!

My live is so damn boring I could use some drama

Who is getting a dirty sanchez from whom always makes for interesting water cooler conversation 

3 hours ago, Dalai said:

Sounds like conversations with a lot of triathletes. 

Old joke - how will you know someone is a triathlete? They will tell you!  :trumpet:

People like to talk about what is important to them. Obviously family is most important for your work colleague.

I have been doing Tri's for over 30 years. Most people (work and friends) I know have no idea i do them. I only talk about Tri's with people who I do tri's with.

My take is...... what is important, exciting and fun to me is not the necessarily important, exciting and fun to others.

1 hour ago, Jim Shortz said:

"Modern Mothers".... 

A thread started by a man.... 

🤷🏻‍♂️✌️👍

Well, the title doesn't really relate to the topic - the topic is about one particular mother that he works with...  But if he was looking for clickbait, "Modern Mothers" works a lot better than "There is this one woman that I work with" 😜

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

I have been doing Tri's for over 30 years. Most people (work and friends) I know have no idea i do them. I only talk about Tri's with people who I do tri's with.

My take is...... what is important, exciting and fun to me is not the necessarily important, exciting and fun to others.

Oh but it is!!!  They just don't know it yet!!!  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Guest Jim Shortz
6 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Well, the title doesn't really relate to the topic - the topic is about one particular mother that he works with...  But if he was looking for clickbait, "Modern Mothers" works a lot better than "There is this one woman that I work with" 😜

Yeah. 

I'm not throwing shade at the contribution. Just the title 🙄🙄

When "new" folk browse the website, that's not what you want to see IMO. Not nowadays anyway 👍✌️

On 15/10/2020 at 10:21 PM, Jim Shortz said:

Yeah. 

I'm not throwing shade at the contribution. Just the title 🙄🙄

When "new" folk browse the website, that's not what you want to see IMO. Not nowadays anyway 👍✌️

If new folk are so offended as such a thread title then perhaps the snowflakes would feel more welcome if it was changed to a non gender binary, all inclusive (edit) pro noun? Very presumptuous to assume only females can be mothers. 

• Haha 1
Guest Jim Shortz
1 hour ago, more said:

If new folk are so offended as such a thread title then perhaps the snowflakes would feel more welcome if it was changed to a non gender binary, all inclusive LGMTIQLMNOZ pro noun? Very presumptuous to assume only females can be mothers. 

Good point 👍

6 hours ago, Mr Tinman said:

If this is going to turn into some kind of days of ours lives drama thread..... then awesome!

Who is getting a dirty sanchez from whom always makes for interesting water cooler conversation 

Podcast.  Swanny and friends.  The Canadian Handshake.  

8 hours ago, Mr Tinman said:

Wow.....where do you work?