Good numbers for Busso 70.3

Looking at the start list, looks to be around 1000 individual entries and 130 teams. So almost 1500 people out there, which will be good! As far as I can see there is no evening awards ceremony and marquee. Awards are straight after the race. Not sure if people will stay down after the race or head back home? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Katz said:

We're staying down and 'racing' FunMan in the morning on Sunday before heading home.

What's funman?

46 minutes ago, zed said:

What's funman?

200m /4km / 2km as a team. I'm doing the bike, Stikman is doing the swim and run.

We're just doing it in our official capacities as neither of us are racing the main event. He's TO'ing and I'm manning the Club tent, but that's it. So we figured we'd better do something race-like.

Just now, Katz said:

200m /4km / 2km as a team. I'm doing the bike, Stikman is doing the swim and run.

We're just doing it in our official capacities as neither of us are racing the main event. He's TO'ing and I'm manning the Club tent, but that's it. So we figured we'd better do something race-like.

I wish I'd known about that, would prefer that to the 70.3!

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, zed said:

I wish I'd known about that, would prefer that to the 70.3!

Haha, I know, right? It should be amusing.

23 hours ago, Jim Shortz said:

How did everyone go? Would have been beautiful down there 

Swim was great. Bike was windy and run felt warm. New run course was good and plenty of spectators. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is about the only time either me or Stikman are likely to be anywhere near the front of the pack. And surprisingly, there was a grudge match of some bloody fast blokes playing out on the field. Included the two first out of the water doing butterfly the whole way with aero helmets on backwards during the swim. It was a fun race. LOL

No description available.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Peter said:

You 3 should just start a WhatsApp group to discuss the race.  

seems no one else cares. 

Could say the same about the Trump thread. 

You don’t have to open the thread if there is no interest to u 

34 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

From the photos that I saw the conditions looked perfect.

Were there slots to the 70.3 WC in Utah next year? Did anyone take them?

Swim was perfect, windy on the bike and a bit warm on the run. But overall pretty good. Great vibe down there. Awesome for the event and the sport in WA. Busso 70.3 in May has really taken a hammering the last few years with swim cancellations, storms and dwindling numbers, so it was important this race went well.

No idea about the WC spots. I would imagine very few would have taken them. It seems international travel in and out of Australia for 2021 is looking increasingly unlikely. 

Edited by zed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Peter said:

You 3 should just start a WhatsApp group to discuss the race.  

seems no one else cares. 

How's the triathlon season going in Victoria? Got any races coming up?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Katz said:

We might be a few of the only active triathletes around here these days Zed. 

Looks like the fun race was well attended too?

25 minutes ago, BNothling said:

That's a bonkers run time!

He said it hurt a little bit.

And for the record, the bike was 5kms by my Garmin, not the 4km as suggested it would be. 

1 hour ago, zed said:

Looks like the fun race was well attended too?

Yeah, it was. A whole host of GK, TWA board, TOs and Event Crew athletes having grudge matches. Made it even funner. Though we were talking about what the newbies must have thought about what might have been considered 'their' race being taken over by 0% body fat and disc wheels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, zed said:

How's the triathlon season going in Victoria? Got any races coming up?

Got a few.  I’ll probably race them rather than participate. 

• Haha 1

Whoa, hold up a second. I got the distance of the run wrong up above. It was only 1km. There's no way he can run that fast for 2kms. LOL

The swim was 200m, bike ended up 5km and the run 1km. 

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Katz said:

Whoa, hold up a second. I got the distance of the run wrong up above. It was only 1km. There's no way he can run that fast for 2kms. LOL

The swim was 200m, bike ended up 5km and the run 1km. 

That makes me feel a little bit better about myself.

• Haha 2

Have you all signed up for next year? As a 15+ finisher I get Tier 1 pricing if I sign up before the 26th. In this crazy Covid world I have no idea if I will be in Australia in May or if the race will go ahead so I will not be signing up until the last moment.