Sleep

Guest Jim Shortz

Guest Jim Shortz

Anyone else struggle to sleep during a full moon? 

Tonight's is 99% full according to the Google search. And despite being really tired, I'm fully awake. The pattern is usually 3 nights before the full moon only about 3hrs sleep a night. 2 nights after the full moon is 4-5 hrs sleep. I used to dose up on Panadol and try to fight it but I don't any more. 

I start work in 4hrs time. 

As a side note: quitting caffeine completely, cold turkey on the 19th of October. Trying to break the dependence on it. 

There are not many things I am good at but I could sleep for Australia.  I fall asleep literally within minutes of getting into bed every night. Mr's could have the lights on, reading watching TV anything, I'm out within minutes, so a full moon certainly doesn't bother me. 

The only time I don't sleep well since the tornado, is when its really windy. 

• Like 1
Guest Jim Shortz
6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I usually get really hairy and my teeth and nails grow long, but that wears off after a while 

But you'd still be awesome 👌😎😂😂

Guest Jim Shortz
5 minutes ago, flathead said:

Sunrise at 5:30am in the morning is getting me out of bed too early. Should be getting an hour extra sleep when daylight savings kicks in this weekend. (NSW, Vic, SA at least)

5:30... Too early.... 

I wish 😂😂👍

I remember talking to a policeman years ago and he went on and on about the link between the full moon and its affect on people noting that Lunacy, Lunatic are all derived from the word for moon, ie lunar. He said that every officers worst nightmare was a full moon on a Saturday night and the number of arrests would rise dramatically. (i have no way of knowing if this is actually true or not).

There are obviously physiological links between people and the moon, just as there is with the day and the seasons.  Who knows what it does deep down to the to the brain and our behavior? Each full moon I for one grow matted animal hair and big teeth and devour strangers to the beat of Credence but I tend to keep that to myself. 

1 hour ago, flathead said:

Sunrise at 5:30am in the morning is getting me out of bed too early. Should be getting an hour extra sleep when daylight savings kicks in this weekend. (NSW, Vic, SA at least)

Yeah, nah

start of day light savings means you lose and hour of  sleep

8 hours ago, Jim Shortz said:

Anyone else struggle to sleep during a full moon? 

Well that might explain it!  I woke up about 4 times during the night

3 hours ago, roxii said:

There are not many things I am good at but I could sleep for Australia.  I fall asleep literally within minutes of getting into bed every night. Mr's could have the lights on, reading watching TV anything, I'm out within minutes

^^^  This is normally me.  Mr BogFrog rarely lets me touch him when we're heading for sleep as my legs start jerking and hopping within minutes...

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

I remember talking to a policeman years ago and he went on and on about the link between the full moon and its affect on people noting that Lunacy, Lunatic are all derived from the word for moon, ie lunar. He said that every officers worst nightmare was a full moon on a Saturday night and the number of arrests would rise dramatically. (i have no way of knowing if this is actually true or not).

There are obviously physiological links between people and the moon, just as there is with the day and the seasons.  Who knows what it does deep down to the to the brain and our behavior? Each full moon I for one grow matted animal hair and big teeth and devour strangers to the beat of Credence but I tend to keep that to myself. 

Definitely true, the first court day after a full moon is always full on

Guest Jim Shortz
4 hours ago, PeterW said:

You're welcome 😜🤪🤡

3 hours ago, BogFrog said:

^^^  This is normally me.  Mr BogFrog rarely lets me touch him when we're heading for sleep as my legs start jerking and hopping within minutes...

My wife is the same, but I think its for diffeerent reasons.  :lol: 

• Haha 2