Melbourne pools open

Most outdoor pools are either open or will be from next Monday. 

what I don’t understand at all is MSAC, one of the best pools in Australia is setup as a 25 mtr pool with the other half not even being used. 

limit 3 people per lane.

why not make it 50mtrs with 3 per lane. Would be heaps more Covid safe one would think.  

anyone swimming 10am Friday if anyone else is going.  15 of the 20 spots available as of now 

Edited by Peter
Edit typed indoor. Should have been outdoor

i have 1 pool in my 5km zone and all sessions were booked out before 9am Monday morning and only releasing one day at a time, but at 9am each still can't get a spot.

What's the rule can I go to another pool like Msac - about 15km away (in Bentleigh).

Edited by Blobby
41 minutes ago, Peter said:

I’m not sure what you are getting at.  

pools are open here. 

Indoor or outdoor? They had the same levels in Sydney, outdoors opened first, then indoor pools a month or so after. Although SOPAC has only just re-opened.

Although the indoor might be available for squads only, they did that here.

Just be wary of the gyms reopening, gyms were being named as hotspots a few times a week up here.

@Blobby check earlier, as far as I was aware the booking system for one of our pools up here was opening up at 6am for the next day.

Edited by MissJess
12 minutes ago, Blobby said:

i have 1 pool in my 5km zone and all sessions were booked out before 9am Monday morning and only releasing one day at a time, but at 9am each still can't get a spot.

What's the rule can I go to another pool like Msac - about 15km away (in Bentleigh).

Sorry blobby, the 5km limit still applies.  I'm 5.5km from the Pines (which opened this week, usually doesn't open until November) but I'm happy to keep swimming in the bay anyway.  It's a toasty 14 degrees now 🔥

Edit to add - you can now train within 5km of work too, if that makes any difference

Edited by -H-
More info
2 hours ago, Peter said:

Most indoor pools are either open or will be from next Monday. 

Indoor pools are not allowed to open, only outdoor as per the screenshot I posted of the DHHS website.

You then post pictures of an outdoor pool?

Edited by Toolish
3 hours ago, Blobby said:

I’m using the 5km from work. Msac is 6km from my home but 2km from work. 

3 hours ago, Toolish said:

Indoor pools are not allowed to open, only outdoor as per the screenshot I posted of the DHHS website.

Arrr. Sorry typo.  Autocorrect I missed. Correct. Outdoor only. But my point was its a 50mtr pool they have made 25 and not using the other end. 

3 hours ago, Toolish said:

Having said they I have swum at an indoor private apartment block 25mtr pool at a friends place in south melb a few months back but it was just too hot and the chlorine was so strong I never went back. 

I figure it’s the same as shops, if there isn’t a pool within 5kms I can book into the nearest one which for me is around 10kms. Still can’t get a slot in the next 8 days. 

7 hours ago, POT said:

I figure it’s the same as shops, if there isn’t a pool within 5kms I can book into the nearest one which for me is around 10kms. Still can’t get a slot in the next 8 days. 

Capture.PNG

My local outdoor pool has seriously underestimated the demand - they usually don't open until November so they thought it would be quiet as it's still quite cold here.  They initially opened for their "normal" lap swimming hours of 7am to 9am and 4pm to 7pm (morning only on the weekends) seeing as there is no recreational swimming.  They then decided to stay open until 11am but they were still booked out as soon as bookings opened for the week.  Hopefully they will realise they need to stay open all day, every day - lots of people want to swim! 

Once the 5km limit is lifted in a few weeks it will be even harder to get a spot.

12 hours ago, POT said:

Going on that theory I could leave home and drive 15km to go mountain biking so doubt that would fly.