Who’d be a cop in America?

Just now, Peter said:

technical everyone but 1 is 

They are a pack of cowards, he had to hit him in the head from behind. If he hadn't of got away there would have been more than one

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

Is Louisville a democratic state or republican?  Or do I really need to ask given every riot and protest seems to be a democratic held state of late. 

Have a guess... 

16 minutes ago, Peter said:

Is Louisville a democratic state or republican?  Or do I really need to ask given every riot and protest seems to be a democratic held state of late. 

Louisville is a great spot but it has a couple very poor areas with a high crime rate. I would love to go back there.

1 hour ago, Mr Flower said:

A friend of mine who I worked with many years ago is married to a cop in Seattle. I better send her a message of support.

That would be more support than they're getting from Seattle's mayor

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, more said:

So brave, so edgy... You said her name.. 

If you say her name it'll fix racism, you see. So do it, or we'll peacefully beat you up 

SAY HER NAME!!

57 minutes ago, more said:

The point was, Peter made a point about a police office being attacked and forgot to mention the shooting death of the unarmed women that caused this.

59 minutes ago, more said:

Since you like it to be pointed out, well done for playing the man and not the issue. Why don't you go to the main forum and contribute to triathlons discussions?

1 minute ago, BarryBevan said:

The point was, Peter made a point about a police office being attacked and forgot to mention the shooting death of the unarmed women that caused this.

Ha, no, you were just being edgy falling for the social media drivel that makes people feel morally superior by doing such pointless things, especially from the other side of the world. 

8 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Since you like it to be pointed out, well done for playing the man and not the issue. Why don't you go to the main forum and contribute to triathlons discussions?

Would love to when I can go more than 5ks from home. 

8 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

So the point of you saying her name was to suggest the protesters attempted murder was some how justified? 

Edited by more
37 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

The shooting death of an unarmed woman did not cause a man to try to beat a cop around the head with a baseball bat.  It might be a good excuse to use but it is not the cause.  Attempted murder of a police officer will not solve anything to do with the shooting of an unarmed women, if anything it will cause more tension between the groups to make the situation worse.  This is just thuggery.

In this specific incident the police officer has done no wrong (that we know of) and someone is attempting to injure or kill him, yet you seem to be implying that by being part of the police it is his fault?  That sounds pretty close to victim blaming.

Police lives matter

Edited by Toolish
  • Like 3
35 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

You mean the unarmed woman shot during the execution of a drug-related search warrant after her boyfriend shot at the cops?

They didn't find any drugs in the apartment and the cops burst in without any warning to the couple sleeping inside.

The man, who they were trying to find, was not part of Breonna Taylor's life anymore. Breonna's boyfriend fired in self defence, not knowing it was the police who had busted down the door.

The victim was an emergency room technician.

Edited by The Customer
1 minute ago, The Customer said:

They didn't find any drugs in the apartment and the cops burst in without any warning to the couple sleeping inside.

The man, who they were trying to find, was not part of Breonna Taylor's life anymore. Breonna's boyfriend fired in self defence, not knowing it was the policewho had busted down the door.

So obviously the no knock approach is required as giving armed and dangerous criminals a warning and opportunity to grab their guns is not exactly the safest approach.  

The problem is complex and comes back to police training and resources, not race. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, The Customer said:

The man, who they were trying to find, was not part of Breonna Taylor's life anymore. Breonna's boyfriend fired in self defence, not knowing it was the police who had busted down the door.

I'm not suggesting that it was not a tragic accident

I am suggesting that it it is neither evidence of systemic racism, nor justification for shooting other cops and rioting and looting

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

I didn’t know the story.  

but I assume you are saying its okay For someone to attack a cop that had nothing at all to do with the cause of a riot other than he works for the same “business”. 

So you okay that because someone in say WESTPAC kills someone that anyone that works for westpac is then fair game to beat up or try and kill? 

the guy in my link was just doing his job.  

the worst part is he was riding a giant bike and was determined to save it whilst risking his life.  Wow. 😂 

2 minutes ago, The Customer said:

You see the pattern. Not a nice place to be after all these years. Sad. 

Im pretty sure you are a constant in the patterns lol

Anyway all we are discussing is why it would be justified for a protestor to try and kill a policeman for just doing his job.. 

2 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Yeah. The pattern is I make a post, you are first to make opposing post, IJ likes your post. IJ also opposes my post then you like IJs post. Only thing missing is the laughing emoji you normally put on my posts. 

What, am I just supposed to agree with every thing you post? I didn't even oppose your post to be honest. 

All I did was explain why a no knock approach is required, what's wrong with that? Again you have turned a innocent observation on police tactics into something about me... 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, The Customer said:

Yeah. The pattern is I make a post, you are first to make opposing post, IJ likes your post. IJ also opposes my post then you like IJs post. Only thing missing is the laughing emoji you normally put on my posts. 

Its a discussion forum.  And facts don't care about your feelings 

If you present questionable facts and/or logic, you should expect those facts and/or logic tp be questioned 

• Like 1
Guest Jim Shortz
18 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Surprise, surprise............. The same ppl and the same arguments again & again. 

It's quite fiesty. 

How long has this "enthusiasm" been going on? 

41 minutes ago, Peter said:

I didn’t know the story.  

but I assume you are saying its okay For someone to attack a cop that had nothing at all to do with the cause of a riot other than he works for the same “business”. 

So you okay that because someone in say WESTPAC kills someone that anyone that works for westpac is then fair game to beat up or try and kill? 

the guy in my link was just doing his job.  

the worst part is he was riding a giant bike and was determined to save it whilst risking his life.  Wow. 😂 

I assume you think it’s okay for unarmed innocent woman to be killed 

Just now, BarryBevan said:

Does this somehow justify the actions in the video?

Why not say Justine Diamonds name?

1 hour ago, more said:

So the point of you saying her name was to suggest the protesters attempted murder was some how justified? 

Nothing justifies the action of the criminal in the video. Do you care about the actual death of an innocent person?

20 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

I didn’t know that was the reason when I posted the video. 

18 minutes ago, more said:

Does this somehow justify the actions in the video?

BB clearly thinks its okay  

2 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Nothing justifies the action of the criminal in the video. Do you care about the actual death of an innocent person?

Can we discuss the facts instead of questioning each other's motives? 

Just now, BarryBevan said:

I care about all innocent deaths, not just black ones.

The whole thing is quite sad. Acting with violence is not a way to garner support, neither is burning down buildings and acting with threats and intimidation to innocent people. The way the BLM movement is happening will actually turn people against them and in effect people of color. I don't care if you are black, white or polkadot if you march on my town, burn it down and intimidate me and attack me I'm not going to be 'for' you.

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

I didn’t know that was the reason when I posted the video. 

BB clearly thinks its okay  

2 hours ago, more said:

Posted before your post, so what exactly are you trying to do?

1 minute ago, BarryBevan said:

Posted before your post, so what exactly are you trying to do?

Of course, but I am also sensible enough to understand that something as lame as 'saying her name' is useless.

The only way there will be change is if two things happen-people in these Democratic sh!t holes vote them out, and if people realise that not associating with drug dealers and following police instruction is a pretty good way to not get shot.

Oh actually there three things-the police need more funding, resources and training.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

I have a friend who is a cop he got 6 weeks training after paying out of the Aus Navy

That’s not a cop. That’s a security guard.   

It's time to lock this one up. There aren't any posts that are really contributing to robust discussion. 

If you don't like someone on here, that's ok - just block that person or simply stop replying to them. There's no reason for so many threads to end in a few people bickering like, well, I don't even know what. But it needs to stop.

If you don't agree with something someone thinks that's ok too. Post something in a constructive and respectful manner when replying. Everyone has different life experince and a different point of view. Respect that and them. 

• Admino locked this topic