Well you may not have rocketed through the course like your namesake missile (AA7), but you definitely hit the target... top of the podium. Welcome to the TriReport club.

Always interesting to hear how others approach and feel on race day.

👍

21 hours ago, more said:

Hopefully one day I get to the point where I can do backstroke and pull a 32 min swim and consider it shit....

Me too!  At my best, 34mins was typical (29 once at Yepoon, but I reckon there was a big current assisting).

4.55 on limited run training is insane.  What AG are you in? 

Always wanted to crack the 5hr for an HIM, but now an unfulfilled goal as long course is now out of the question.  Think my best was about 5.15 at Port Mac.

Congratulations. I have to say that I am jealous that you can pull out shit like that when you're "undertrained".

I trained really hard for that race. Had a few major obstacles to overcome, but was really happy with my day out ... and you kicked my arse without training. 🤦‍♀️

Well done!

On 25/09/2020 at 06:50, ComfortablyNumb said:

Me too!  At my best, 34mins was typical (29 once at Yepoon, but I reckon there was a big current assisting).

4.55 on limited run training is insane.  What AG are you in? 

Always wanted to crack the 5hr for an HIM, but now an unfulfilled goal as long course is now out of the question.  Think my best was about 5.15 at Port Mac.

40-44

3 hours ago, BNothling said:

It was awesome to see you out there and doing your thing! Congrats again on an awesome result, even if your race wasn't as great as you think it could be.

Thanks Ben.

Scored myself an entry to Hervey Bay 100, so I might actually train a bit more for that and see what I can do.

On 27/09/2020 at 12:40, Cranky said:

Congratulations. I have to say that I am jealous that you can pull out shit like that when you're "undertrained".

I trained really hard for that race. Had a few major obstacles to overcome, but was really happy with my day out ... and you kicked my arse without training. 🤦‍♀️

Well done!

Thanks Jo. No doubt we'll have some close battles again this season.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Thanks Ben.

Scored myself an entry to Hervey Bay 100, so I might actually train a bit more for that and see what I can do.

I'd say that the sky is the limit, but it sounds like your foot might be! 

8 minutes ago, BNothling said:

I'd say that the sky is the limit, but it sounds like your foot might be! 

Touch wood, still feeling pretty good. 

Ran 4.03 pace off the bike at Redcliffe yesterday. Fastest I've run in years and I actually felt quite comfortable. Swim was heaps better than Sunny Coast, only 10 secs behind someone who was 4mins quicker at Sunny Coast and just over 37kmh avg on the bike. I don't have a record of bike splits, but I think that is probably the best bike speed I've had for years too.

• Like 1