Brenda Every 1928-2020

Paul,  I'm so very sorry to hear about your Mum but what an amazing tribute you have written here. Your Mum was certainly a trail blazer and you should be so rightly proud.

My Father passed on a Saturday and the next day I rode a sportive with his retirement watch in my jersey pocket.  We do what we do with their memory in our hearts and knowing that they are with us in the race.

I'm sure mine will be one of many many messages you receive and if you feel like sharing more, I'd love to hear more about your Mum's races.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Paul, she sounds like a remarkable woman and such a wonderful and full life. Hope I'm still swimming in my 90's.

Condolences to you and your family. You've written a lovely account of her athletic life. It's great that you've put it in writing for all to see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great tribute Paul, I remember your Mum from the olden days of triathlon and was also swept downstream at that Wisemans Ferry race, was thinking about her recently after reading a post of yours and wondered whatever happened to her.😪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Paul,

So sorry to hear about your mum.......a legend for the older brigade for sure. Like Flanman said ...a life well lived.

Funny story....from early 90’s......myself and Steeny were riding out to West Head one day and towards the end at the first big climb there was a lady in the distance running down the hill. We looked at each other and said “it’s probably Brenda Every”......... this was because she was so well known (revered) like yourself.......in our young eyes anyway.

We climb further up the hill the lady goes....No.....it’s not Brenda Every! It was actually Merri Mack who you would know I think...... a bit younger than your mum of course......(and must of had supersonic nearing or the wind was just right).

And funnily enough we still talk about it today. And probably will keep on talking about in the many story’s from various rides.Your mum will live on!!!!

• Like 4

Condolences to you and your family Paul. We fondly remember your mum , a true pioneer of not just our sport but proving that all ages can compete and enjoy sport , breaking down stereotypes for other to then believe that can try as well.

Keep well mate, Vic and Wendy