Jump to content

How much do you have tied up in postponed races/accommodation.


Recommended Posts

Per the title: How much do you have tied up in postponed races/accommodation.

For those have have.... lets keep a running total.

For me Approx $1200 in Entry fees, $1000 in accomodation.

Total $2200.

Transitions running Total $2200:00

Link to post
Share on other sites

$135.00 - Club Champs. Was planning a day trip by car, no flights, no accom.

Due to fires and floods, not 'rona, Six Foot track was cancelled on me refund paid.

SwimRun was cancelled and a refund paid.

I was lucky that I was holding off on entries until after SFT.

Link to post
Share on other sites

UTA entry and accom deposit $200

IMWA accom deposit $100  (withdrew form the race at 50% refund as didn't want 100% tied up indefinitely with an "event credit"

Black Swan race (paddling) $50

So not that much fortunately

Link to post
Share on other sites

Race fees $958 

Flights $200 Scotty's flight to Port as he had to work on the Friday prior to IMOZ in May and I will pay it as Virgin will never pay it out.

Total $1158

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A few grand, but I'm turning it into a money making venture.  😁

With changes in the $AU v Euro I actually got back $790 for a $715 entry paid.

Took a bit of a punt on my airfare and went for a voucher rather than a refund and Air Qatar have given me a voucher to use before May 2022 at cost+20%!

Being well ripped by van hire company in the NT though, on a van we hired as crew vehicle for a race in the centre.  Might now plan a holiday and some fat ass running in the NT rather than lose a shit load. 

Quote

 

 

Edited by lawman
Link to post
Share on other sites

So for about 8 of us thus far we are in the red/credit of about $17000

Imagine if we took into account all of the Australian tri community. Lots of people were potentially travel to various ironmans and most of would plan/book ahead.

PS: iFoz is probably travelling by private jet ;)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Only $500 for races - all accommodation has been refunded (loss of $130). However, we have $35K+ outstanding for holidays covering the next 18 months. 2020/21 was supposed to be our big holiday travel time.

Ce sera sera

FM

FM

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

PS: iFoz is probably travelling by private jet ;)

Haha, I wish. Finnair/Qantas Business class, trip to the UK to see the oldies, put on hold.

Flannie takes the crown with $35K+ EEEEEK!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chris said:

13500 flights for Tour de france trip on hold

Interesting question, and not being judgemental at all, but if you were allowed to travel, would you go on that trip through France?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Interesting question, and not being judgemental at all, but if you were allowed to travel, would you go on that trip through France?

yes to the green zones for sure, the pyrneese and the alpes would be fine so sparsly populated. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, chris said:

yes to the green zones for sure, the pyrneese and the alpes would be fine so sparsly populated. 

Looking at the current green orange red maps for France, they are now through most of the worst areas they traverse until Paris. A far bit of orange around the Alps, but no red until Paris. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Flanman said:

However, we have $35K+ outstanding for holidays covering the next 18 months. 2020/21 was supposed to be our big holiday travel time.

I guess we are lucky we did not put the honeymoon plans into action. We were thinking of a trip to Europe, was a combo of alone time, as well as Challenge Walchensee and a day or two in Roth to watch one of our friends do one of the bucket list triathlons!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just flights to Port Mac - they were Virgin 

Waiting for WA to see if we can get to Busso - otherwise it will be those flights lost.

Accommodation has been transferred to Port Mac 2021 now and were doing Airbnb for Busso 

Fingers crossed for Cairns in 3 weeks time 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Youngy2 said:

Just flights to Port Mac - they were Virgin 

Waiting for WA to see if we can get to Busso - otherwise it will be those flights lost.

Accommodation has been transferred to Port Mac 2021 now and were doing Airbnb for Busso 

Fingers crossed for Cairns in 3 weeks time 

 

my bet is the Busso will be called off

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, chris said:

yes to the green zones for sure, the pyrneese and the alpes would be fine so sparsly populated. 

I know someone who works in the Swiss alps in a village at a few thousand metres elevation and there were even cases there (a lot actually proportionally to the population). The issue is these places are made up of old stubborn people who often refuse to isolate or wear masks because they have been living in this village their whole life and no-one knows anything better than them.
I think they sent the Swiss army in to this specific village for a few weeks earlier in the year as people were just not isolating

Link to post
Share on other sites

$600 of Virgin credits that expired last month, booked through Webjet. Went back and forth between Virgin and Webjet to have it extended but to no avail. Webjet claimed they sent me an email with an expiry date but somehow I cannot locate it (how do you prove that you did not receive something?)

Another $800 of Malaysia Airlines credits due to expire in January, I'll make sure I get in contact before the expiry date this time.

And a deferred entry to Ironman WA next year. Everything else, I was able to cancel for free. 

 

Edited by k3vski
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive got 2x 70.3 race entries whatever they are worth tied up.

I rolled the Western Sydney entry.  Still to decide what to do with the Ironman Melbourne entry.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got two entries in 70.3 races tied up at present. Melbourne 70.3  entry is the only one that has a big question mark around it  

it could have been a worse situation because this time last year I was near committing to Challenge Roth, some Cousins swim tour races and Tallnen 70.3 as part of an 8 week euro trip. That trip was shelved for 12 months so we could take advantage of another travel opportunity, which went well. Handy bit of luck for us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...