Took the plunge about 6 weeks ago after riding a friend's bike for a few weeks (size too small but told me enough) and got a Focus Jam2 6-7.  It's the one with the Bosch motor just upgraded to 85NM of torque, dual suspension and having a great time.  Main reason for getting it was to replace trail running for a while (recent knee op) but just love getting out there on the trails so didn' want to lose that.  Also using it a lot for recovery rides on the trails if that makes sense?  Just crank the power up and it's a bit like skiing - easy up the hills and then lots of fun on the downhills! It's ridiculous what it will ride up (as long as you keep pedaling) and if I want a solid workout I just turn the power off and 23kgs (!) means it's definitely tough. Tbh I'd never thought about getting any kind of ebike but then chatting to a few MTB riders there's a real benefit in gaining access to remote/difficult to access trails.  Anyone else riding one?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 15/08/2020 at 2:58 PM, truck said:

Took the plunge about 6 weeks ago after riding a friend's bike for a few weeks (size too small but told me enough) and got a Focus Jam2 6-7.  It's the one with the Bosch motor just upgraded to 85NM of torque, dual suspension and having a great time.  Main reason for getting it was to replace trail running for a while (recent knee op) but just love getting out there on the trails so didn' want to lose that.  Also using it a lot for recovery rides on the trails if that makes sense?  Just crank the power up and it's a bit like skiing - easy up the hills and then lots of fun on the downhills! It's ridiculous what it will ride up (as long as you keep pedaling) and if I want a solid workout I just turn the power off and 23kgs (!) means it's definitely tough. Tbh I'd never thought about getting any kind of ebike but then chatting to a few MTB riders there's a real benefit in gaining access to remote/difficult to access trails.  Anyone else riding one?

Not me, but my friend has one. She loves it. Regular rider, commuter, cycle tourer, but not an athlete by any means. Enables her to do stuff she wouldnt usually be able to. We recently did the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail, me on my MTB and she on the eMTB. 

• Like 2