What was the last Tri you did? (tri, not any other event)

Trying to take my attention away from only looking at some particular threads in the sandbox!

What was the last triathlon you did?  Me, it was a qld tri series in I think Dec 2018.  Haven't done anything since the strokes, and it's been the only one I've done since my knee was cleaned up.  So I reckon it's my only one in like the last 4 years.  Not sure I'll bother with any till the second half of next year.  My wife wouldn't be keen with covid as she's high risk.  Still can't do any run training so by then I'm sure it's going to be fun.

Geelong 70.3 in February this year was my last Triathlon.

After the race I suspended my Zwift and Gym memberships, as I intended to take a break over Winter.  Didn't sign up for Melbourne 70.3, because I didn't want any temptation to train.

Husky 70.3, March 2020.  My first long course.  The heat on the run was horrendous (over 30)

I was lucky to get that in as it was my goal race for the year and everything was shut down a couple of weeks later

Edited by BogFrog

Unfortunately I don't actually know. 

I didn't realise I was about to get a tri ending injury as I had never had an injury in 25+ years, so I didn't know to pay attention. 

So yeah I cant remember my last race.  :sadwalk:

Gold Coast Corporate Tri 2012. We were lucky to be in the first wave & ex-trannie, Ninjaman, was our first athlete. He finished in 3rd, only about 20 seconds down & I managed to get out of the water in the lead. It felt good to be riding at the front of a field of a couple thousand for the whole ride (even if most of them started well after me :) ). I managed to hold the lead, but it was during the run I realised my knee wasn't going to let me do many more races. I hobbled through to finish in 2nd, but the gun teams that started in later waves were all coming through and weren't far behind. We finished well down, but it was a good day.

I don't think I've been able to run hard since that day.

Husky Festival February/March 2020. 

On the day/ day before entries for sprint Saturday and Long Course Sunday, after Six Foot Track marathon got cancelled earlier that week. 

Given the mass of cancellations since then, I am really glad that I did do it at the last minute.

Rainbow Beach double tri weekend just gone. Shouldn’t have really raced with yet to be diagnosed hip issue meaning I can’t really run, but didn’t think we’d get another chance for a while... Although, did get email from Ironman Pro Services last night indicating they are still pushing for Sunny Coast.. luckily it’s 2km down the road so I can decide the day before if need be

Edited by lachie94

Club Christmas race 2019. 
between selling a house and moving within 18 days in February and COVID restrictions/ race cancellations, I don’t think I have raced in 2020. 

IMNZ did i tell you i have the 860th fastest IM time in 2020 year to date.

We were very lucky that it happened, for me race turned ugly on the run due to very poor pacing strategy, so want another one to try and get right.

The original plan early Jan had been to also do Cairns and Busso that would have got me into Legacy program.

However the disaster of my IMNZ race and work meant even if no Covid I would potentially have been less enthusiastic about that plan

• Thanks 1

I did the swim at Geelong in Feb this year but the last tri I completed on my own would have been last season. Whatever the Gatorade series is called these days, probably. Or the sprint at Challenge Melbourne perhaps. Ages ago, whatever it was!

5 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Husky 70.3, March 2020.  My first long course.  The heat on the run was horrendous (over 30)

I was lucky to get that in as it was my goal race for the year and everything was shut down a couple of weeks later

Mine was Husky Ultimate too. I don't remember it being hot! 

1 hour ago, rory-dognz said:

Yes... But I never get tired of hearing it. 

Just to clarify this is 860th in the World right?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, rory-dognz said:

My last race was IMNZ 2020 as well.

How did you work that out ?  Is Taupo the only completed Ironman this year ?
What time did you do ?

Edited by POT

I had to go on Athlinks to work it out, and it has the Ironman VR races...so last weekend!

Real races, Challenge Shepparton 2016 so coming up 4 years in November. 

That was around the time Mum got diagnosed with cancer, so spent the next 6 months doing what was required for her.  Then she passed and I basically spent 2 years at least somewhat depressed with no motivation to do shit all except eat and watch TV.  Got a bit motivated last winter to do a race through the summer, but cut a tendon in my hand which meant 12 weeks of no swimming from September so that was that.

I have plans of getting back to 70.3 distance once covid clears and dreams of getting another Ironman in!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

Mine was Husky Ultimate too. I don't remember it being hot! 

Seriously?  It was forecast to be 28, but it ended up being 31.  Lots of peeps complaining about the heat

1 hour ago, POT said:

My last race was IMNZ 2020 as well.

How did you work that out ?  Is Taupo the only completed Ironman this year ?
What time did you do ?

Yes IMNZ only full IM in 2020

Look at the results sheet it will give your overall place.

I did 14hr20min so slow. but finished

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

Yes... But I never get tired of hearing it. 

Just to clarify this is 860th in the World right?

yes in the world!!!

other than Lachie has anyone else got that high of ranking this late in the calendar year😆, and most likely POT above

8 hours ago, rory-dognz said:

Did I tell you that I have the 657th fastest time in Australia in the last 12 months 😀 I am looking forward to IMWA 2020. with no Internationals or plague ridden eastern staters, to improve my position.

5 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Seriously?  It was forecast to be 28, but it ended up being 31.  Lots of peeps complaining about the heat

I remember it being a cool morning. Run was a bit warmish, but not hot, but then again I like warm/hot. I didn't get sunburnt...thats a good gauge for me and I didn't have sunscreen on either.

2 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

I remember it being a cool morning. Run was a bit warmish, but not hot, but then again I like warm/hot. I didn't get sunburnt...thats a good gauge for me and I didn't have sunscreen on either.

Lol  Its the day I got my third stripe. - My tri shorts are 3 inches shorter than my cycle and run shorts 🤣  stripe only disappeared about 2 weeks ago. 1st stripe still present.

• Haha 1

Tweed Enduro February 2020. My first tri on the new Argon18 E119.

(And first tri after the crash that resulted in my DNS for Kona 2019.)

• Like 1

Local sprint (400/20/4.4) back in about Feb.

Got 2nd, 8 secs behind a 20-something (gotta love that at 56, with sore knees & patchy training for years). 

We traded positions 4 times on the bike & twice on the run, was a great old time, we had a good laugh after about how entertaining it was.

The bloke who would have beaten us both by 10mins got a flat 😋

Cairns IM 2014...my 7th IM.. decent PB, just turned 50..  6yrs ago it sure does not feel that long ago....75kg vs 87kg now..only 2kg per year!.😄

Lost interest and felt totally satisfied with my 2014 effort.. Still have my race bike so not hanging up just yet..

• Like 1

Think it was Ironman  Australia 2014.... walked of the course and thought I can’t do these on no training anymore. I did, but thought I shouldn’t do so haven’t since.  Could have done a pissant sprint at some point after but not much of challenge so don’t remember if I did or not. 

5 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Cairns IM 2014...my 7th IM.. decent PB, just turned 50..  6yrs ago it sure does not feel that long ago....75kg vs 87kg now..only 2kg per year!.😄

Lost interest and felt totally satisfied with my 2014 effort.. Still have my race bike so not hanging up just yet..

Old triathlon saying, “You never really retire, just sit out a few seasons! “

• Like 1

IM Cairns in 2019 to complete at least one of all local IMs.  Second one on a roadie and won't do another IM branded event unless I've somehow got my hands on a TT bike again.

Bribie Tri Series sprint distance Feb 2019. Was going great until suddenly felt dizzy and needed to slowdown. Blood tests showed a few problems that we’re still working on. Still training but can’t put in more than 50% effort so racing is out of the question at the moment even if covid Was to disappear 

On 14/08/2020 at 7:25 PM, Greyman said:

Old triathlon saying, “You never really retire, just sit out a few seasons! “

Port Macq last year for me.

I've now sat out my first season since my first tri, late in the 1984-85 season. :sadwalk: