AYUP GoPro mount

Just thought I'd post this up for anyone still using Ayups and want a different mounting option.  Just found these guys who make a 3d printed gopro mount for ayups.

https://fullbeam.com.au/products/race-ware-3d-printed-ayup-gopro-mount

Just grabbed one.  Might offer a different mounting option for those with tt bikes.  I actually just bought a Knob pwr trail for my roadie, plus the knog helmet mount, which should work for this with my ayups.  Might be looking at some trail riding in the next year so wouldn't mind the two lights.  Otherwise I can use it on my helmet when road riding, so I can get back at all the other guys in my group with helmet lights who blind me when I talk to them.

30 minutes ago, Slowman said:

I have a GoPro mount on my Gath helmet, but the last thing I want to do is go surfing at night!

Hoping to get back here when we get out of lockdown

Edit: that's not actually me! But i have surfed here a couple of times pre lockdown

urbnnight.jpg

Edited by JeffS
  • Like 2
21 hours ago, JeffS said:

Hoping to get back here when we get out of lockdown

Edit: that's not actually me! But i have surfed here a couple of times pre lockdown

urbnnight.jpg

I can’t wait for it to reopen.  Its so Good. The right wave every time.  

but gezzus I’m unfit for surfing. 

5 hours ago, Slowman said:

Wave pools at night no issue, the ocean is something else, night time is feedin' time!

Many years ago a mate of mine worked as a baker and would come and get me after his shift. 

We would paddle out in the dark, scary as.

Couldn't see the waves properly and every noise sounded like a shark. 😂 No way I’d do it now.

Yes I've done it many times myself. I recall paddling out in Hawaii in the dark to Ala Moana to beat the crowd... only to find plenty of guys already out there! One morning at Cronulla good swell and good conditions forecast and for the love of God there were 40 guys already out the Alley in the dark! I try not to do it now! Some places especially it's a no go.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/08/2020 at 7:22 AM, goughy said:

Just thought I'd post this up for anyone still using Ayups and want a different mounting option.  Just found these guys who make a 3d printed gopro mount for ayups.

https://fullbeam.com.au/products/race-ware-3d-printed-ayup-gopro-mount

Just grabbed one.  Might offer a different mounting option for those with tt bikes.  I actually just bought a Knob pwr trail for my roadie, plus the knog helmet mount, which should work for this with my ayups.  Might be looking at some trail riding in the next year so wouldn't mind the two lights.  Otherwise I can use it on my helmet when road riding, so I can get back at all the other guys in my group with helmet lights who blind me when I talk to them.

Does it come with the rubber bit or do you re-use your rubber (no pun intended!) from the original mounts? 

It doesn't come with the stretchy rubber thingy.  It kinda looks like the lights would snap into place and wouldn't necessarily need the rubber thingy, but he has made provision for it to be used.  I'll get around to trying it out some time soon.