International No Training Day (garmin down)

59 minutes ago, Rob said:

The Garmin site is bouncing up and down like a yoyo.  None of my activities have been uploaded yet.  I'm guessing it may take quite a while to get back to full recovery

Only one of mine had uploaded by this morning.  This morning I left the Garmin app on my phone open and started a sync with my watch.  It took a while, but everything that hadn't uploaded transferred and I'm up to date.

All back up for me today.  Interesting side issue which may or may not be related - two separate garmin devices switched off mid exercise to load new firmware.  Just a bit frustrating when you're in the middle of something...

I have only ever had issues with Garmins. There are other brands out there which are more reliable and less mainstream. Don’t buy what everyone else buys just because you want to buy that (and dc rainmaker said so). Assess it for yourself. Why would a company make a HRM strap which chafes the majority of people who wear it ? Garmin fail.

Consider : Wahoo; Suunto; Polar.

• Like 1

None of my activities had uploaded. This morning I was not able to save my ride. The 935 froze on the "Saving" screen. I had to reset it. The only way that I could get it to work again was to connect it to my PC and delete some old activities.

6 hours ago, Keithh said:

I have only ever had issues with Garmins. There are other brands out there which are more reliable and less mainstream. Don’t buy what everyone else buys just because you want to buy that (and dc rainmaker said so). Assess it for yourself. Why would a company make a HRM strap which chafes the majority of people who wear it ? Garmin fail.

Consider : Wahoo; Suunto; Polar.

I had polars before this site was in existence. 3 of them and they all failed eventually but the main thing I didn’t like was the horrible clunkiness of the menus and connectivity ( infra red syncing! ).  I’d never go back to Polar but they were the only game in town then.

I might have a gander at Corros, if I feel the need to change the 935.  I’m not a Garmin fanboy by any stretch but I’ve been happy with it so far.

The warning banner is just in case things don't happen straight away for you, as a courtesy.  My garmin's do golf (which I never get to play anyway), so nuff said.

2 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

It seems that Garmin paid the ransom.

Saw that.  Surprised me.  I think there will be repercussions in the near future as a result.

Be interesting to see once Garmin puts out a press release.