7 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

have you ever drunk and driven and not been caught?

Never. My wife of 21 years doesn’t brink. Never has.  She always drives if I’ve been drinking.  But I honestly have only been drunk about 5 times in my entire life. And not in the last 10 years.  I rarely drink now at all. 1 to 2 beers to be social. 

7 hours ago, The Customer said:

Oh come on Peter. I'm not buying the coy act 😂

I’m serious.  I couldn’t care less about people’s personal lives.  

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really didn't want to post on this site again and came back to check news on races opening up.. but here goes..  For most part I believe people have good hearts and good intentions. But really,

That is bizarre.   The Customer is 100% right.  Children of junkies and alco's born in housing commission have almost zero chance of breaking out of their place in society.  Not saying they cannot, bu

Define "successful". BTW Its a rhetorical question.  (So you don't have to answer).  What you and I might define as "financial Independence" and "successful" might have absolutely no correlation

59 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Agree 100%

So why are we as a country doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

Probably because no one knows the solution and the only stop gap we seem to think matters is throwing money at problems.

3 hours ago, more said:

I really didn't want to post on this site again and came back to check news on races opening up.. but here goes.. 

For most part I believe people have good hearts and good intentions. But really, people from the city who have never worked with or lived with Aboriginals have no place on commenting on these issues. Until you have lived it you just can't understand it. 

It's a very complex multi faceted issue. The first is giving people money makes them dependant, it takes away their drive and makes them reliant on hand outs. Why do you think many rich folk don't give their kids money-they make them earn it to build initiative and work ethic. 

The second part is many people can't appreciate just how different aboriginals in the remote communities are. They are NOT like city folk. They don't value material things like we do, they in many ways are still like they were a 100 years ago. Combine this with a never ending stream of government handouts and royalties and its a recipe for disaster. The stories of driving brand new 4wd and dumping them when they run out of fuel, or chartering a $1,000 flight to get a box of smokes are all true. Combine free money, boredom and alcohol... Disaster. 

The third part is if you really want to experience racism go to a remote aboriginal community. You will be lucky to survive in some, quite a few HATE white people. Combine this with alcohol and you will have a real eye opening to racism. Venture out at night.. 

The final part is for most part the aboriginals are fantastic people who have been let down by do gooders from the city, people with NFI trying to tell them how they should live their lives and what's best for them. So many people with so many opinions but the closest they have ever come to an Aboriginal was watching Stan Grant on the ABC... 

Inconvenient truth.

7.4% indigenous in our town, 2.8% nationally.

Most of the bleeding heart lefties who comment on these issues have watched a 3min Midnight Oil song on Rage to inform them.

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Intergenerational issues

'We're sorry.  Here's a bag of cash

Maybe have a think about sending your kids to school?  In any case though, we'll be back again next year with another bag of cash'

If the government offered to give you a cash bonus every year on top of your wage,

A ) would you turn it down?

B ) if not, how would you spend it?

Edited by The Customer
3 hours ago, The Customer said:

If the government offered to give you a cash bonus every year on top of your wage,

B), and it would probably go off the mortgage 

If the government kept throwing money at you despite making bad decisions, do you think that would result in you making better decisions?

18 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

B), and it would probably go off the mortgage 

If the government kept throwing money at you despite making bad decisions, do you think that would result in you making better decisions?

The point I'm trying to make is that everyone thinks they personally would spend free money on worthy projects but at the same time believing that 'other' people would be irresponsible and fritter it away. We just can't help judging others poorly. 😂

Edited by The Customer
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, The Customer said:

The point I'm trying to make is that everyone thinks they personally would spend free money on worthy projects but at the same time believing that 'other' people would be irresponsible and fritter it away. We just help judging others poorly. 😂

Most aboriginal people would not get to spend much of it on themselves, it would have to be shared with relatives & friends.  It's part of their culture - what's yours is also mine, which doesn't mesh so well with our modern white economy.

6 hours ago, The Customer said:

The point I'm trying to make is that everyone thinks they personally would spend free money on worthy projects but at the same time believing that 'other' people would be irresponsible and fritter it away. We just help judging others poorly. 😂

That belief is based on historical observation in this case 

11 hours ago, The Customer said:

This would never happen.  I'm a white middle class male.  The Government only takes money from me.  ☹️

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, -- AJ -- said:

This would never happen.  I'm a white middle class male.  The Government only takes money from me.  ☹️

Consider yourself privileged 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Most aboriginal people would not get to spend much of it on themselves, it would have to be shared with relatives & friends.  It's part of their culture - what's yours is also mine, which doesn't mesh so well with our modern white economy.

A place I worked we had a great young aboriginal apprentice.  He was enthusiastic, clever and really enjoyed what he was doing.  Every payday there would be a gathering of his relatives at the gate to meet him.  As a first year he wasn't earning much anyway but the poor kid never had a cent because he had to give it all away as soon as he got it.  I'm not sure if he finished the year out.

It's no different to an office where there is one or two workers who get away with murder and management completely ignore it.  They might not get all the same rewards you do but what they miss out on isn't much for the extra work others do by comparison.  It brings the whole office down and pretty soon even the best people begin to slip backwards, no matter how inwardly driven.  If you've never been in that situation you're a rarity.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Prince said:

Consider yourself privileged 

More like the ATM for various groups of people receiving various government handouts for reasons which totally escape me.  

1 hour ago, Stikman said:

A place I worked we had a great young aboriginal apprentice.  He was enthusiastic, clever and really enjoyed what he was doing.  Every payday there would be a gathering of his relatives at the gate to meet him.  As a first year he wasn't earning much anyway but the poor kid never had a cent because he had to give it all away as soon as he got it.  I'm not sure if he finished the year out.

It's no different to an office where there is one or two workers who get away with murder and management completely ignore it.  They might not get all the same rewards you do but what they miss out on isn't much for the extra work others do by comparison.  It brings the whole office down and pretty soon even the best people begin to slip backwards, no matter how inwardly driven.  If you've never been in that situation you're a rarity.

'From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs...'

19 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Inconvenient truth.

7.4% indigenous in our town, 2.8% nationally.

Most of the bleeding heart lefties who comment on these issues have watched a 3min Midnight Oil song on Rage to inform them.

Yes, as a bleeding heart lefty I totally agree with what you are saying.  I acknowledge that there IS a big problem and just "getting everyone to be nice to each other" wont stop it.  I wouldn't have a clue how to fix it.  But that doesn't mean we should stop trying, 'cos it is pretty bad. Maybe Cathy Freemans post gold statement (I can't actually find it now, but  it was something along the lines of "see aboriginal people CAN do things CAN make something of themselves) that if we give them a shot of self worth and give them more opportunities things might head in the right direction?

Its hard to undo the years of poor treatment. 

Ever since "white men" came here they wanted "black men" to behave and be like "white men", yet still treated them like "black men". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Yes, as a bleeding heart lefty I totally agree with what you are saying.  I acknowledge that there IS a big problem and just "getting everyone to be nice to each other" wont stop it.  I wouldn't have a clue how to fix it.  But that doesn't mean we should stop trying, 'cos it is pretty bad. Maybe Cathy Freemans post gold statement (I can't actually find it now, but  it was something along the lines of "see aboriginal people CAN do things CAN make something of themselves) that if we give them a shot of self worth and give them more opportunities things might head in the right direction?

I doubt it.  The only way its going to happen is if they get up and do it themselves. 

The old adage "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Teach him to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime" isn't entirely correct.  You can teach him to fish but if he doesn't have any passion or motivation to do it then he'll still starve.

From what I've seen, the ones that are doing well are the ones with the passion to keep going and not give up when things arn't handed to them on a plate.  

Strangely enough, the same comments apply to a lot of white folk too.

And yeah this might seem a little harsh but I'm sick and tired of seeing my tax $$$ given to people (both black and white) who take it for granted and make no effort to "make a go of it".  

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

From what I've seen, the ones that are doing well are the ones with the passion to keep going and not give up when things arn't handed to them on a plate.  

I suppose that depends on your definition of "doing well" 

They might argue they were all doing well till Cook arrived. 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, roxii said:

They might but by the time Cook found his way here, he was about 150 years after the first white man said G'Day to the locals.  (circa 1606).  

BTW nobody is stopping them from heading bush and staying there if they think they were better off.   They do have traditional ownership over 40%+ of the country (not including the recognition of Pilberra region they were given last week) which means they can do so if they choose to.  Some have up in the Top End and feel that its has beneficial features.   

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, roxii said:

Unfortunately they were just like everyone else of the time, tribes fought each other and slaughtered each other over land and resources. There is an argument to be had that the Europeans were just a larger and stronger tribe. 

Or is the argument that aboriginals were the true owners. OK then, by those rules which aboriginals? The first tribe who walked across the land bridge? Should all the other successive tribes that followed also be regarded as invaders? 

See how messy it gets if we always look back in the rear view mirror. People need to look forward, because if you are always looking for grievance you can always find it... 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, roxii said:

Ever since "white men" came here they wanted "black men" to behave and be like "white men", yet still treated them like "black men". 

Sure.  It’s hard to undo but when can we move on?

2 minutes ago, Prince said:

Sure.  It’s hard to undo but when can we move on?

My guess is we'll never move on.  Too many people intent on reopening old wounds for their own political purposes.

Which reminds me.  Is Anthony Mundine dead?  He's been surprisingly quiet these past few weeks.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Which reminds me.  Is Anthony Mundine dead?  He's been surprisingly quiet these past few weeks.

He's still busy preaching about "Controlavirus", and the CDC's attempts to vaccinate the world with their serum.

3 hours ago, -- AJ -- said:

Probably hasn’t got anything intelligent to say So is keeping quiet.

give it time he’ll come out and embarrass himself again soon enough

On 16/06/2020 at 2:31 PM, roxii said:

I never told a black man to act like a white man.  

When I was I  Kalgoorlie(lived there for nearly 4 months) I seen the what I called real aboriginals living in the bush (that was their home).  I didn't go and speak with them.  I just observed and moved on. 

I also got attacked by a bunch of drunk ones on way home from work one night when walking home.  

Now do I just assume all aboriginals are thugs and alcoholics or I just judged the situation as these ones are just a bad group just like there is good and bad in every race.  

I don't need to apologise for what happened many years ago and nor was I or the current generation part of any those circumstances 

Just wondering who’s fault it is that aboriginal adult males that rape kids?

black kids lives matter  maybe not the dads and uncle that go to jail and then die in there.

but hey.  Go March  

Australian town gripped by paedophile epidemic with '90% of school-age children sexually abused'
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/roebourne-western-australia-paedophile-epidemic-child-sex-abuse-simon-mcgurk-a7951946.html

Edited by Peter
9 minutes ago, Peter said:

black kids lives matter  maybe not the dads and uncle that go to jail and then die in there.

but hey.  Go March  

Australian town gripped by paedophile epidemic with '90% of school-age children sexually abused'
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/roebourne-western-australia-paedophile-epidemic-child-sex-abuse-simon-mcgurk-a7951946.html

Mid-aged white blokes fault of course. 

We have a heavy cross to bear.

39 minutes ago, Peter said:
39 minutes ago, Peter said:

Maybe it’s the same person who’s responsible for white adult males that rape kids.

Edited by Mike Del
1 minute ago, Mike Del said:

Maybe it’s the same person who responsible for white adult males that rape kids.

I’ve never known a town where 90% of white kids are raped by white guys. 

but feel free to show me to the link.  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Yep. LOL 😂
95% of the people marching in Australia have no farking clue. Go help those kids rather than walk down Collins street and then head off for a latte. 

10 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Well it's not like we could remove them, as we would if they were white

That would be 'stealing' them

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Peter said:

I’ve never known a town where 90% of white kids are raped by white guys. 

but feel free to show me to the link.  

Neither have I but that’s got nothing to do with the question you asked and I answered has it Peter?. 
I’m hoping you don’t mean this as you’ve worded it

Just wondering who’s fault it is that aboriginal adult males that rape kids?”

BTW I’ve never heard of any town where 90% of the kids of any colour have been raped

Edited by Mike Del
9 hours ago, Mike Del said:

Neither have I but that’s got nothing to do with the question you asked and I answered has it Peter?. 
I’m hoping you don’t mean this as you’ve worded it

Just wondering who’s fault it is that aboriginal adult males that rape kids?”

BTW I’ve never heard of any town where 90% of the kids of any colour have been raped

And I bet you have never been to a town where 90% of the population are aboriginal. The problems are real, trying to pretend they are not just fails the poor kids that are suffering the abuse. 

Thats the problem, some people find it so much easier to deny there is a problem. It's easier to make themselves feel self righteous by doing their little virtue signalling Facebook posts, marches and instagrams. They have NFI

Surely admiting there is a problem would be racist. All while thousands of young children continue to get raped, and watch their mothers beaten to a bloody pulp... 

BLM...unless it's a black child. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

There are multiple articles about how inaccurate this 2017 article in the UK Independent was

"Ferrante and colleagues (1996) suggest that Aboriginal women living in rural and remote areas are one and a half times more likely to be a victim of domestic violence than those living in metropolitan areas and 45 times more likely to be a victim of domestic violence than non-Aboriginal women"

. The statistics also reveal that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children are significantly over-represented in the protection and care system of all states and territories (AIHW  2000/01). This trend has been evident each year since the first collation in 1990. 

And.. 

"However, it must be noted that the AIHW statistics only deal with cases of child abuse which were reported to authorities and are an underestimate of the incidence of child abuse across the nation. There is a  ‘flaw in the current statistics regarding child abuse or child sexual abuse, due to the [perceived] lack of response when cases are reported. Many Aboriginal women believe that “it is no use reporting because they don’t believe you anyway”’ (Robertson 2000: 100). "

Gee I wonder why the don't bother reporting abuse. Because people like you claim it can't be real? People that try and pretend there isn't a problem are the black peoples biggest enemy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, more said:

People that try and pretend there isn't a problem

People usually don't claim it isn't a problem, just that the chosen statistic is inaccurately reported.

People also don't claim BLM is the only cause to get behind, but people do use other wrongs as an excuse not to support BLM or to diminish the worthiness of it as a cause.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Tyno said:

People usually don't claim it isn't a problem, just that the chosen statistic is inaccurately reported.

People also don't claim BLM is the only cause to get behind, but people do use other wrongs as an excuse not to support BLM or to diminish the worthiness of it as a cause.

When was the last protest about black children being victims of child abuse? When was the last protest about black women being victims of domestic abuse...? 

3 minutes ago, more said:

When was the last protest about black children being victims of child abuse? When was the last protest about black women being victims of domestic abuse...? 

Don't be silly more.  Drawing attention to those things is racist

I'm sure saying sorry and handing over cash will work eventually 

20 minutes ago, more said:

Stop being this guy.

Whattabout everything else but the topic.

As above, people use this tactic to diminish the value of the current topic.

It seems that's the way you're choosing to go.

If you're genuinely concerned about the other topics, do something about them.

Don't continue to use them as a distraction to this topic.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Stop being this guy.

Whattabout everything else but the topic.

As above, people use this tactic to diminish the value of the current topic.

It seems that's the way you're choosing to go.

If you're genuinely concerned about the other topics, do something about them.

Don't continue to use them as a distraction to this topic.

What's your solution to the current topic Tyno?

I don't think More is being "that guy".  From what he says he's one person on here that has been in the thick of it and seen the reality.  His statements and observations have been about contrasting the perceived threats to aboriginals that get massive attention against the real threats that receive very little.  He isn't saying that we shouldn't be concerned about the other stuff, only that we can't ignore the things that are killing and ruining literally thousands of lives.

• Like 1

There is no easy solution, but discussions about the role of sentencing and incarceration for minor offenses is a start.

Acknowledging there is an issue to be addressed, which is something we haven't even agreed on here.

4 minutes ago, Tyno said:

There is no easy solution, but discussions about the role of sentencing and incarceration for minor offenses is a start.

Acknowledging there is an issue to be addressed, which is something we haven't even agreed on here.

Cool

Have you got some stats or other background info so we know what we're dealing with? 

5 minutes ago, Stikman said:

He isn't saying that we shouldn't be concerned about the other stuff, only that we can't ignore the things that are killing and ruining literally thousands of lives.

I understand what you're saying, but it's classic behaviour for people attempting to drag the focus off an issue, which usually leads to a circle of inactivity on any issue.

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Cool

Have you got some stats or other background info so we know what we're dealing with? 

No.

I'm not claiming expert status on anything.

Just now, Tyno said:

I understand what you're saying, but it's classic behaviour for people attempting to drag the focus off an issue, which usually leads to a circle of inactivity on any issue.

Classic behaviour? There is plenty of classic behaviour here from people who clearly have no idea what they are talking about, let one been within 500km of a remote aboriginal community. Virtue signalling is more important though huh

So what is 'that guy'? If by being that guy I'm someone who actually cares about the aboriginal community then yes I'm that guy. If by drawing attention to the real problems that the aboriginal community suffer then yes I'm that guy. 

So before you play these silly little internet games go out and experience the real world. Ask a female aboriginal who has grown up seeing her mum get bashed night after night, who has most likely been a victim of sexual abuse, who sees these horrific things every week.. 

Ask her what she would prefer a protest over...