Feel good thread, Transitions Greatest Hits

On 07/04/2020 at 1:47 PM, Flanman said:

Thirteen years ago. Funds raised for Mrs Chat when the Green Machine passed away competing at IMOZ. 

FM

That was a good memory.

• Like 1
On 07/04/2020 at 7:18 PM, Flanman said:

Roller skates and cowboy hat......

FM

I thought that was pre Transitions i.e Forster HIM 2002 (that very hot day) in Ozchat.  :)

The OLT v FatPom was a classic as FP mentioned above was gold.

Wim De Doncker (the Belgian Pro Triathlete) who come to OZ for a few races and jumped on this forum copped a harsh feedback, the threads he engaged in always somehow needed popcorn close by.

I have been on and off for all the years, and not so much as late but was always good to check in on the community.

16 minutes ago, GSP said:

The OLT v FatPom was a classic as FP mentioned above was gold.

A classic case of someone's mouth writing cheques their legs couldn't cash...

(and it wasn't OLT 😄 )

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, FatPom said:

A classic case of someone's mouth writing cheques their legs couldn't cash...

(and it wasn't OLT 😄 )

I wasn't here for that was it I'm going to go sub x or I'm going to smack you down at a race.

39 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

I wasn't here for that was it I'm going to go sub x or I'm going to smack you down at a race.

No, it me having a shot at him for his Armstrong fandom

I called out Armstrong for being a grub and a cheat. It kinda escalated from there with all the guys on here barracking for a Centennial Park smack down TT.  Which thankfully for me never happened.

Ben and I became pretty good mates later.

But that wasnt the subject of the 'Should OLT be banned' thread.

Edited by FatPom

Obviously most of the Armstrong story has now been exposed.

At the risk of hijacking the thread (never happens on Transitions), I always found it interesting how people with first hand experience with Lance reacted.  It seemed Lance was very black and white with people, you were either on his side or against him.  He would either be the best person you ever met, or the worst enemy you ever experienced.  And Lance looked after more people than he destroyed.

In no way apologising for Lance, I was always convinced he was a drug cheat, even more so after reading his book. But also not surprised that so many stood by his side when the first signs of shit were hitting the fan.

• 2 weeks later...