Oldest Sports Award/Certificate

Ok gang, I was looking for some stuff in the garage and stumbled across some old sports award. The earliest was from 1967 - my first year of competitive sport. Below is my pennant, which was presented to me by Les Johns (Canterbury and Australian rep). 

So, most people have extra time on their hands. What’s yours ? Start digging. 

FM

8B994C78-E100-40E4-85F9-35560B97B670.jpeg

• Like 2

I've got a box of old trophies from primary school swimming club somewhere at Mum's (so out of bounds for a while), but this is the oldest thing I have here. I'm actually proud of it as it was the best result I've had in mainstream sport even if it was a team event.

State Cross Country Championships. I got 5th myself, but our team picked up 3rd & 8th as well to be the top team.

DSC02097.thumb.JPG.7a1dfe4ae9aa3116e9c043938211e709.JPG

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, roxii said:

Hey Flannie I started school at St. Mels. 
Remember playing league inside the Wiley Park velodrome. 

Geez, small world. Wiley Park was my senior home field - St Johns Lakemba. Fantastic field. About the only footy field I played at regularly that had a grandstand (apart from Belmore Oval). 

FM

Edited by Flanman

Gold !

I threw out boxes of shit years ago in a council clean up which I sometimes think I shouldn’t have 🤦‍♂️
Plus  lost stuff that I didn’t think meant anything and now I wish I hadn’t  ,specifically A couple Nsw blues awards.

But I do have a heap of CHS medals which I have great memories of most of them are all silver I came  into the running scene a little later in school year 9 by memory and I used to get flogged by a guy named Tony Auchellio ,we had a great rivalry and relationship he was the pure runner and I was the triathlete the banter was great !

I finally started beating him in year 12 and claimed my first gold I have a photo of that moment which I love because sadly Tony took his life a while back and it blew a lot of us away from the out side he had the lot  but I guess the demons won in the end 😢

72A7646E-F6AE-4E8C-AD73-4AB007521068.jpeg

3F3AF178-F0F2-48E7-A7DD-7CC2B3C3F4C7.jpeg

• Like 2

Oldest trophy - does it have to be ours or does just holding it count?

O/K only the Sydney 200 torch is mine, the other belonged to a client and is a trophy from the 1900 Paris Olympics (they did not do medals and each trophy was a distinct artwork)this one titled "La Cahanson" (The Song)  is for the Mens Coxed pairs. (I believe - the inscription is in French after all).

85B95328-8C3F-44D3-982C-71A8EC5F5860_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 1

Oldest one still to have would be my cricket end of season trophy from 1981 - presented for participation more than anything else.  Had a few ribbons from pony club events prior to this, but think my older sister amalgamated these in with hers.  Beyond that the oldest on hand for actual achievement is bronze medal from around 1984 swimming club champs is hanging still in the man cave with most of the other medals and trophies - got a heap of bronze and silver medals, but never made the top step.

Ended up getting a few other cricket trophies, remember one in around 1984 or so got presented by some guy called Craig McDermott that some people thought might have some sort of career ahead of him.  I'm sure it was the highlight of his career to come out to our local club's presentation night.

• Like 1