Jump to content

Cave set ups - show me


Recommended Posts

I won’t call it a pain cave because I rarely make myself hurt when training (currently not training).  But seen as though most of Aussie is home let’s see your set ups!  I wanna see Zed’s as all I’ve been getting lately is zwift notification that he’s zwifting (all the bloody time 😂)

here’s my new cave- clearly not set up yet

59ED6F9F-9C7C-4216-A968-FA1F1F740AF3.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For the first time ever, I currently have to have my road and TT bike in the garage. We are preparing to decorate the lounge, so the garage is a bit cosy. Did install a fancy insulated roller door and had Ecotiles fitted to the floor.

fecd97cb9cc8816486864be4524d64a5c33ab506_2_666x500.jpg

Edited by FatPom
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

Like the location to the fridge for a quick cold one mid session.

Most of the houses we've had here can't fit it in the kitchen, (we have the dumb small fridge and freezer under the counter arrangement) it's our old Fisher & Paykel one from Oz. We were going to sell it but now it's back up stock for the zombie apocalypse😀

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FatPom said:

For the first time ever, I currently have to have my road and TT bike in the garage. We are preparing to decorate the lounge, so the garage is a bit cosy. Did install a fancy insulated roller door and had Ecotiles fitted to the floor.

fecd97cb9cc8816486864be4524d64a5c33ab506_2_666x500.jpg

Does yours smell like an oil fired boiler as well?

Whenever I see a UK garage my brain smells heating oil :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, roxii said:

Does yours smell like an oil fired boiler as well?

Whenever I see a UK garage my brain smells heating oil :lol: 

No, but my old primary school smelled like that, we had a massive oil tank there.

My garage smells a bit rubbery, due to the flooring and the bikes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pieman said:

All far too luxurious... @FatPom can you find that pic from your other forum of the guy training in what looks like an abandoned prison toilet..

Have you been following me over there?  😉  You mean this one?

 

07094dad523a4fc0afb75f91a441db9182ff7751_2_375x500.jpg

a72ead3a6ffd555faf7233157c33f961a8ca806a.jpg

Edited by FatPom
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, pieman said:

Ive been over there for years.. this one..

 

Screenshot_20200328-183310_Samsung Internet.jpg

Oh bloody hell yeah, how could I forget that one. 😄

You should post over there. The place nearly died but we revived it with a lot of effort.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2020 at 11:46 PM, altayloraus said:

Dunno, but 50% of your AFL choice is positive. The other 50% is a good team. 

Geelong is the wifes team, I am the Bombers fan....Geelong have had a lot more success since we have been together.

17 hours ago, Peter said:

Do it get hot in summer?  
 

Yep, given I live in one of the hottest places in the state (maybe the country) it gets real warm in summer.  The white box next to the bike is a small evaporative A/C which helps a lot, I move it around to fit what I am dong.  There is a big fan straight in front of the treadmill too.

 

Would love to have the bike inside but our spare room is set up for guests, so no chance currently!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KieranR said:

I tried to manipulate my way into being allowed the walk in robe in the master bedroom to become the dive / spear room but Nicole didn’t think that would be a good idea 🤷‍♂️

Can anybody walk down the side of your house mate?  I'd be covering that window if so!

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Can anybody walk down the side of your house mate?  I'd be covering that window if so!

Nah all good FP, no one can walk down the side plus  I have a blackout blind there, just had it up while I was in there cleaning the room up, it stays down all other times.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

In a corner of the shed. 

The best feature of my setup is the remote control fan. The second best feature is the concrete floor so doesn't matter about sweat and the odd footy snot.

IMG_0306.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving these pain caves, but personally I like FB's idea of just getting outside and going for a run every now and then, although maybe it's worth getting something ready in case we have to go into full lockdown!

Something I am interested in is some of those dry land swim bands (elastic swim cords or whatever you call them).  I haven't done much swimming at all over the past 9 months and just started getting keen again when they shut all the pools.  Any idea where I can buy some and roughly how much they are?  Or even just what they're called and I'll look em up myself!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/03/2020 at 9:18 AM, Toolish said:

Would love to have the bike inside but our spare room is set up for guests, so no chance currently!

Well you won’t have visitors until at least August now.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jim Shortz
On 02/04/2020 at 7:31 PM, Go Easy said:

Loving these pain caves, but personally I like FB's idea of just getting outside and going for a run every now and then, although maybe it's worth getting something ready in case we have to go into full lockdown!

Something I am interested in is some of those dry land swim bands (elastic swim cords or whatever you call them).  I haven't done much swimming at all over the past 9 months and just started getting keen again when they shut all the pools.  Any idea where I can buy some and roughly how much they are?  Or even just what they're called and I'll look em up myself!

I have ordered a set from the Aqua shop. I need to swim to keep my shoulders and back healthy given my work. 

 

Aqua shop said that they were swamped with orders but they're keeping me in the loop. Try there 🤷‍♂️👍👍 I had a look at the link that TC had up in another thread but they didn't ship to Australia 🤷‍♂️👍✌️

 

Good luck 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2020 at 1:10 PM, CarpeDiem said:

Have just finished moving stuff around in the garage and sorting out my pain cave. Added some resistance bands now that the gym and PT is a no go.

B022510C-C8CD-4F18-8C6A-707278E8A1D3.jpeg

1B062737-BB57-4D83-831D-DFEBA3CE79C4.jpeg

A030F204-762A-4240-8C04-3C8EB201AD39.jpeg

That treadmill is in a bad spot, need space behind it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 hours ago, Jim Shortz said:

I have ordered a set from the Aqua shop. I need to swim to keep my shoulders and back healthy given my work.

Aqua shop said that they were swamped with orders but they're keeping me in the loop.

Thanks mate, the 'NZ Stretchcords With Paddles' look good but it sounds like they might be at least 21 days away.

I think I might try making myself a set and see how they go. :unsure:
(Plus I've got an idea which may make them even better!).

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...