Jump to content

Cancellation/Postponement of Races, List them here.


Recommended Posts

It's less than 4 weeks away from the Wollongong Tri but no news yet. I don't necessarily want to contact Emo yest as the business must be crazy busy. They were trying to work on different alternatives but I think it might be just too hard to do (good on Emo for trying). Now that Tri Australia is starting to withdraw sanctioning of events, it might mean the cancellations/deferrals of a few events. Keep an eye out and let me know if you hear anything on the Gong - thanks..

Actually, we might need to keep up to date will any race that it postponed/cancelled. Maybe we need a new pinned post. Administrator ?

FM

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • roxii pinned this topic
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Club Champs are always on the Saturday. Sydney Marathon will be on Sunday. UTA, Saturday. Nepean, Sunday. These aren't clashes, they're opportunities.

A typo in the press release makes it more confusing CLUB CHAMPS TO GO AHEAD, BUT WILL BE DIFFERENT THEN NORMAL so are there two races, a different one then a normal one?   

It's official. My marathon on Nov 22nd has been cancelled, which was inevitable really.

Posted Images

  • roxii changed the title to Cancellation/Postponement of Races, List them here.

As mentioned on another post, Swim Gold Coast is postponed till Spring. It's going to be difficult for a lot of entrants to be ready for a 20km race after a Winter with the pools closed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Challenge Shepparton has been postponed from 5 April to 11 October at this stage

Shepparton Running Festival scheduled for 22/23 August is currently paused (ie not taking any further entries until further notice). I will make a decision re postponement and / or cancellation by 15 June based on circumstances at that time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Run the Gap in May at Halls Gap in the Grampians cancelled. THE major qualifying race for the Wonderland series of trail runs in August, which are still listed as going ahead. No word from "the Judge" aka the race director, as to how entry qualifying will occur this year. 

Surf coast century trail runs - all cancelled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great South Run - supposed to be this weekend, postponed to later in the year.

Tour de Brisbane - new date tbc.

The Guzzler trail race - was late July, postponed to November (tbc) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, willie said:

All of them isn't it? Thats what's happened in the US anyway. Although I feel like the panic isn't anywhere near as crazy here as AUS. 

Smaller US operators are still keeping open races that are to run in May. I get that they need to cash, but right now money is available for basically nothing, so would think they could borrow against a postponed date.

There is some thought of a July season start. Combination of postponement and perhaps locating more things in the south.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Greyman said:

Run the Gap in May at Halls Gap in the Grampians cancelled. THE major qualifying race for the Wonderland series of trail runs in August, which are still listed as going ahead. No word from "the Judge" aka the race director, as to how entry qualifying will occur this year. 

Surf coast century trail runs - all cancelled. 

Rohan has actually said earlier on the facebook group that they will accept Garmin or similar files where people can show they have run an equivalent distance in the time - eg, run a half marathon distance under the 2 hour 25 minutes - doesn't need to be an organised event run.  They are responded to the times we live in very well and stating the race is on at this stage.  I haven't booked accommodation just yet, we were planning on hiring an RV and doing a trip around SA and SW NSW after Wonderland, but that is all on hold at the moment

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Rohan has actually said earlier on the facebook group that they will accept Garmin or similar files where people can show they have run an equivalent distance in the time - eg, run a half marathon distance under the 2 hour 25 minutes - doesn't need to be an organised event run.  They are responded to the times we live in very well and stating the race is on at this stage.  I haven't booked accommodation just yet, we were planning on hiring an RV and doing a trip around SA and SW NSW after Wonderland, but that is all on hold at the moment

I can use my time from last years run the gap if I want to. I had planned to go again this year for the wonderland run. Even though I have sold the house out near there, I still have somewhere to stay. All up in the air at present. 

If you do decide to travel and run, let me know. If I'm there, we can catch up after the run at "Curryoke". If you've not been to Curryoke on the Sunday afternoon/ evening, you're in for an experience. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

I can use my time from last years run the gap if I want to. I had planned to go again this year for the wonderland run. Even though I have sold the house out near there, I still have somewhere to stay. All up in the air at present. 

If you do decide to travel and run, let me know. If I'm there, we can catch up after the run at "Curryoke". If you've not been to Curryoke on the Sunday afternoon/ evening, you're in for an experience. 

 

If it's on, I'll be there for number 5.  Kids are not a fan of curryoke, or really able to sit still, so never have subjected the others to them.  My running is pretty good at present, if it continues with the new qualification plan am looking to do a qualifier for one of the longer distances

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironman Australia and Port Macquarie 70.3

Ironman Cairns and 70.3

No postponement date as yet. Just going to assume we get rolled over into 2021.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Same date as sunny coast apparently. Will I be able to transfer my entry from Port Macquarie to sunny coast with no charges? Sunny coast is a lot closer and will be cheaper because I won't have to pay as much for travel or accommodation. Plus I won't need to take leave from work to get there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Guzzler ultra trail now locked in for early November (...as locked as things can be in the current climate, of course).

21/50/100km, Brisbane humidity, routinely 30degrees+ in November..... [gulp] ....suddenly this seems much harder than when I signed up for the July race.

After this situation is done and dusted, and events get the green light to start up, it's going to be a very busy race calendar! 

Fingers crossed the event organisers can stay afloat financially between now and then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bRace said:

After this situation is done and dusted, and events get the green light to start up, it's going to be a very busy race calendar! 

Yeh, with probably a few people getting calendar clashes.

Already NSW Tri Club Champs has been rescheduled to the same weekend as Sydney running festival. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gregb said:

Already NSW Tri Club Champs has been rescheduled to the same weekend as Sydney running festival. 

UTA has been rescheduled to the same weekend as Nepean. Port is 1 week before Western Sydney.

I am moving my IMOZ entry to 2021. Chances are pools are likely to be open by spring, and I won't get arrested or frowned upon for going out 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone received an email or contact from Elite Energy re the Wollongong Tri ? I haven't received any info and it is scheduled for three weeks time. 

I did send an email today but just wanted to know if anyone got anything previously.

Thanks

FM

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gregb said:

Yeh, with probably a few people getting calendar clashes.

Already NSW Tri Club Champs has been rescheduled to the same weekend as Sydney running festival. 

 

1 hour ago, MissJess said:

UTA has been rescheduled to the same weekend as Nepean. Port is 1 week before Western Sydney.

Club Champs are always on the Saturday. Sydney Marathon will be on Sunday.

UTA, Saturday. Nepean, Sunday.

These aren't clashes, they're opportunities. :w00t2:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, willie said:

I'm surprised they haven't already cancelled/postponed. It's obviously not going ahead and no events will until at least June is my understanding. 

I just got a response but only that a new date is being worked on - but no date yet.

FM

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, willie said:

I'm surprised they haven't already cancelled/postponed. It's obviously not going ahead and no events will until at least June is my understanding. 

I think as FM's response indicates, we have to cut Organisers a bit of slack in getting announcements out there.

You can assume everything is off, but for them to have to either try to organise rescheduling or figure out what to do in a full cancellation isn't a straight forward thing.

Better taking a bit longer to have a better plan/response in these situations.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I need info quickly..

I didn't receive an email from Ironman re 70.3 re Port options as my email address changed  and I had a password problem.

Can someone send me a copy of the email as I think the cutoff is this weekend fora response. Let me know and I will PM you my email address.

Ta

FM

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Flanman said:

I need info quickly..

I didn't receive an email from Ironman re 70.3 re Port options as my email address changed  and I had a password problem.

Can someone send me a copy of the email as I think the cutoff is this weekend fora response. Let me know and I will PM you my email address.

Ta

FM

 

Cranky has a pic of the email in this post (click on Cranky replied to a topic)

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have made the decision to transfer to next year (2 May 2021) and have received confirmation back. A tough decision.

If this year's race goes ahead in September then it will be the first time for a long number of years I haven't traveled up there. 

FM

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A race that has been postponed but you may not have heard the new date.

Great Ocean Road Marathon running festival is now scheduled for 22 - 23 August 2020. 

Registrations open now. See their FB page for details. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Greyman said:

A race that has been postponed but you may not have heard the new date.

Great Ocean Road Marathon running festival is now scheduled for 22 - 23 August 2020. 

Registrations open now. See their FB page for details. 

Tell 'em they're dreaming

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Marathon I was training for (Newport) was meant to be April 19th but it's been kicked down the road to Oct 24th but I'm fully expecting that not to happen.  I can't see any big races happening this year.

I qualified my points for UTMB last year, I didn't get in for this year. Qualy points only last two years and my plan was to get another 6pts this year to guarantee me an entry for 2022.  I'm wondering if those points will be extended now?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Admino unpinned this topic
On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 4:18 PM, Paul Every said:

 

Club Champs are always on the Saturday. Sydney Marathon will be on Sunday.

UTA, Saturday. Nepean, Sunday.

These aren't clashes, they're opportunities. :w00t2:

This is man that speaks from experience. 

There are rumours of a quick cycle from Epping to Katoomba -  a quick 6 foot track run - a cycle from Jenolan Caves to Orange so one can do the orange triathlon on the Sunday followed by a quick ride home!!!!

Paul is the King of making opportunities happen!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Challenge finally postponed the Championship, originally scheduled for 31 May. New date is 16 August, with a final go/no go decision to be made by 31 May. The Collins Cup was cancelled last month, but they continued to accept registrations for the age group races. They haven't announced how they're handling existing registrations – e.g. whether there's an option to roll to next year – or what happens to the slots that haven't been taken up yet.

There are no Challenge races through July, except for one in Mexico that's tentative for July but doesn't have a set date yet. Based on past experience with their partners in Mexico, that one is a write off, too. Three are scheduled for August, in Turku, Finland, Davos, Switzerland and the Championship in Slovakia. From September on, it looks like a full schedule so far, including Shepparton in October and ITU Worlds in Almere in September.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wollongong Tri has been moved to 17 Oct 20.  Emo has advised that all entrants will be automatically transferred to this date or you can transfer free of charge to any of their races up to June 2021 (equal values). I am transferring to next year’s race. 

Thanks Emo for looking after us. 

FM

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

FYI - 

Ironman Phillipines is 24/10

Ironman Malaysia 25/10

Same weekend as Nepean.

Of course....assuming planes will be working.

Yep, I'd be very surprised if international travel is open before the end of the year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...