Athlete Toenails

Whilst we look after the majority of our body, it seems sometime teeth and lots of times - toes and toenails suffer. My toenails would look great in the set of the Hobbit or Dumb and Dumber. I can’t get them to be healthy looking, let alone healthy.

So does anyone else have this problem ? More importantly, does anyone have solutions ? Ta

FM

2 hours ago, Flanman said:

Whilst we look after the majority of our body, it seems sometime teeth and lots of times - toes and toenails suffer. My toenails would look great in the set of the Hobbit or Dumb and Dumber. I can’t get them to be healthy looking, let alone healthy.

So does anyone else have this problem ? More importantly, does anyone have solutions ? Ta

FM

regular visits to a reputable nail salon.  as a bonus they can paint them to match your tri suit.

• Haha 1

Yep, teeth I got fixed easy enough, toenails - wear socks.  Got 2 toes with no nails, 1 little toenail that breaks off if it gets bigger than 1 square cm and another that I've lost in one run or another each year for the last decade at least

20 hours ago, Leon said:

Use to rank IM efforts by the number of toenails falling off in the weeks after.

IM Port - 0

IM Cairns - 1 off, 1 black

IM Kona - 0

Race that I put in the biggest effort, best result,  best time - Cairns

21 hours ago, Leon said:

Use to rank IM efforts by the number of toenails falling off in the weeks after.

Never lost a toenail due to rub etc in a race or in training. I always keep them short, and rounded at the edges so they don't rub on shoes or the next toe. I have lost one. Ripped it clean off, but that was due to kicking a rock during a swim section in shallow water. Mongrel to ride & run after it, so i know the pain you go through.