47 minutes ago, SomeTri said:

Tiny territory surrounded on all sides by the state with the most cases. Peeps travel in and out of it everyday day...

Wow - Turts, you look amazeballs for your age!  What's your secret?

With any luck he'll put you and Turts on block. Then you can post without all the judgemental, aggro comments. It's bliss.

Edited by The Customer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again nex

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comment

Thought I'd check in with you all. Have to say I'm struggling a bit with redundancy, the virus and its knock on effects. Trying to stay positive but feeling quite 'isolated' over here now and starting

Posted Images

1 hour ago, The Customer said:

With any luck he'll put you and Turts on block. Then you can post without all the judgemental, aggro comments. It's bliss.

Got to be worth a try

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, monkie said:

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again next weekend for the bank holiday :D 

It's amazing how much you immediately feel better when you know it's not Covid!

I take my temp every day now. Don't think I have any skin left on hands from repeated washing.

Good to here you are okay. What do you think of the talk about Premier league opening up again?

Two weeks ago the NY city Health reported https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

I have been digging around the data as our policy response has been one driven be fear of a disaster since we ignored the warnings some which were not shared to support a proactive response:

In the NYC data which is 2 weeks old but big enough:

73 % of death were in age groups 65 to over 75 with almost half of the entire group over 75.

Of the entire group regardless of age 75 % had a significant comorbidity.

This next data set is more of a challenge as deaths get coded pneumonia though they say the Pneumonia is from COVID https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku Have not worked out how to use their BI tool yet to scale the axis:

78 % of deaths have been over 65 with 57 % 75 and over. With the NYC data most of these have a comorbidity.

8 % of deaths are below 54 years of age without factoring in comorbidity.

I don't support the nuts in Michigan but I do support stage 2 of social distance focussing on risk to highest and most vulnerable people. Boris is right https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/apr/28/longer-lockdown-for-over-70s-could-create-sense-of-victimisation

Lock these people down and get into the nursing homes early if any signs, test them all, have strike teams to respond to break outs.

The data shows that there is an acceptable level of risk to the majority of the population, some of whom will die from COVID, though not many and they may have died anyway.

• Like 1

Our stage 1 was due to a stuff up:

In 2017, the International Commission on Multilateralism – chaired by Rudd – published a policy paper warning that the Ebola crisis had revealed serious flaws in the capability of the global health architecture to respond to crises. That report called for improvements to the WHO’s accountability mechanisms, operational capacity, structure and funding.

“That’s just one of frankly many such reviews,” Rudd said. “So my core question back to the Australian government is – pardon my French – what the **** did you do about any of this?”

Stage 2 should be able to sensibly let schools and business go back, we must have testing and contact tracing and also be accepting that most of those who died and will die have already achieved the average life expectancy in the USA.

7 hours ago, The Customer said:

Ha ha its hilarious how much I get under your skin. Let's be real here-the vast majority of your posts are attacks on me. 

Stalker much...? 

1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

That’s just one of frankly many such reviews,” Rudd said. “So my core question back to the Australian government is – pardon my French – what the **** did you do about any of this?

Not only is Rudd dillusional with all the comments he has been making lately, but he is trying to find some relevance when he is actually very irrelevant to this crisis and Australia in general  

10 hours ago, SomeTri said:

Wow - Turts, you look amazeballs for your age!  What's your secret?

Injecting disinfectant? 

The only things you cant do here in Vic are sit down at a coffee shop, restaurant , pub or gym. 

Mass media saying something doesn't make it right. 

They're running testing at Bunnings car parks because thats where people are. Shows how much Victorians aren't locked down. 

Edited by Turts
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Prince said:

Not only is Rudd dillusional with all the comments he has been making lately, but he is trying to find some relevance when he is actually very irrelevant to this crisis and Australia in general  

Sure but we can' on one hand say Tedros is pimply testicle head and should be prosecuted which he should and then on the other hand say Rudd is wrong for agreeing with what we know the WHO failed us all.

Edited by BarryBevan
1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

Sure but we can' on one hand say Tedros is pimply testicle head and should be prosecuted which he should and then on the other hand say Rudd is wrong for agreeing with what we know the WHO failed us all.

No. Rudd is trying to compare the Ebola outbreak to corona.  Ebola was not a pandemic 

he has also made comparisons to the Current economic crisis and the GFC.  
Some ex pollies like Rudd and Turncoat don’t need to be heard from ever again. 

he needs to shut the f up and go and play handball 

Edited by Prince

I can tell restrictions have eased here now. I was just out in the backyard doing some work, and all I could hear was the constant noise of motorbikes either heading up Mt Glorious, or screaming across the top of it. After a peaceful few weeks, there are hundreds out there now.

1 minute ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I can tell restrictions have eased here now. I was just out in the backyard doing some work, and all I could hear was the constant noise of motorbikes either heading up Mt Glorious, or screaming across the top of it. After a peaceful few weeks, there are hundreds out there now.

Sheet.   I am not moving.  It’s bloody freezing  Out there.  Don’t think I will run until midday 

1 hour ago, Katz said:

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comments, particularly those directed at directly attacking others. It's getting tiresome and makes all of us feel rather uncomfortable. This is not a feeling any of us need any more of at this current time. Enough is enough.

Weird logic. The Customer continually singles me out with intentionally inflammatory comments and not a word is said, I respond to inflammatory comments and get called out.. 

So explain to me here what the problem is (as rediculous as this is) is it that I called stage 4 in Vic a lock down (that's what the media call it) or that I called Turts a boomer? 

The Customer has called me a gen x etc many times and no one had a problem. So what are the rules here? 

Or perhaps you would prefer I go through all of The Customers last 20 posts to see how many she has posted directly antagonising me for no reason?

Ill give it to her, she has great troll game

• Sad 1
10 hours ago, Peter said:

Aren’t peopl3 limited to 50k. 

only leave home for 4 reasons. 

I didn’t think driving from Sutherland to Canberra was one of them. 

Work is one reason. 
we have one guy doing exactly what you are saying. Lives in Sutherland and heads to ACT twice a week to a building site we are working on. 

13 minutes ago, more said:

called stage 4 in Vic a lock down

Vic are not, and have never been, in stage 4. 

We are not in lockdown. We are in stage 3, where you can still do an awful lot. 

You can apply some critical thinking and not just parrot the media. 

Oh, and im pretty sure im  not a boomer.  Calling me one was just an uninformed catchphrase that is just silly, really, as you appeared to use it as some sort if snide backhand. 

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, roxii said:

NZ I think was in stage 4. 

No shops at all, not even a takeaway coffee. 

how did they eat? They were allowed out to buy food, so sort of locked down.

"Nearly every case identified since April 1 is as a result of overseas travel or contact with someone with the virus, often in existing clusters,” Ardern said"

How else are you supposed to get it?

NZ will most likely think ti has eradicated the virus but it only tested 85,000 people, so they probably didn't do that and they will have totally wrecked their economy. 

If you don't test everyone and even if you do how do you now for sure you eradicate and how do you avoid the asymptomatic carrier if you open your border ever?

Edited by BarryBevan

Dunno. Delivery maybe?? 

Just heard  and guy on the radio saying they were now at stage 3 which they were saying was just like stage 4 but with KFC. 

• Like 1
Just now, roxii said:

Dunno. Delivery maybe?? 

Just heard  and guy on the radio saying they were now at stage 3 which they were saying was just like stage 4 but with KFC. 

There was up roar when KFC shut with about 30 cars still wating

Just now, roxii said:

The guy on the radio said first morning of stage 3 people were queued up around the block at maccas :lol: 

some of those bros need feeding

14 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

how did they eat?

Supermarkets, corner stores & foodbanks were allowed open, though the smaller stores were limited to 1 customer at a time.

No Bunnings or Kmart & crap like that. And no take-away other than pre-packaged pies & sausage rolls  at corner stores.

4 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

Our stage 1 was due to a stuff up:

In 2017, the International Commission on Multilateralism – chaired by Rudd – published a policy paper warning that the Ebola crisis had revealed serious flaws in the capability of the global health architecture to respond to crises. That report called for improvements to the WHO’s accountability mechanisms, operational capacity, structure and funding.

“That’s just one of frankly many such reviews,” Rudd said. “So my core question back to the Australian government is – pardon my French – what the **** did you do about any of this?”

Stage 2 should be able to sensibly let schools and business go back, we must have testing and contact tracing and also be accepting that most of those who died and will die have already achieved the average life expectancy in the USA.

So is he whining about the WHO or the feds?

1 hour ago, more said:

Or perhaps you would prefer I go through all of The Customers last 20 posts to see how many she has posted directly antagonising me for no reason?

Go on. Post them up. 

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

Meanwhile in California.  Where they are near 2000 deaths.  They have 39 million people. Australia have 27 million for comparison 

1288CE0F-EDAC-4951-8D0A-9A5F683ACD47.jpeg

Edited by Peter
12 hours ago, Peter said:

Aren’t peopl3 limited to 50k. 

only leave home for 4 reasons. 

I didn’t think driving from Sutherland to Canberra was one of them. 

Nup, peeps are able to travel for work. Queanbeyan is in NSW and is 13km from Canberra. The "Canberra wine region" is mostly in NSW... If I go for a bike ride, I often end up in NSW...  Anyway, they are reducing restrictions here now...

4 hours ago, more said:

Ha ha its hilarious how much I get under your skin. Let's be real here-the vast majority of your posts are attacks on me. 

Stalker much...? 

No, no, seriously,  it's you...

2 hours ago, more said:

Weird logic. The Customer continually singles me out with intentionally inflammatory comments and not a word is said, I respond to inflammatory comments and get called out.. 

Maybe, just maybe, Katz wasn't ju@t referring to TC? Maybe it's because of personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Prince said:

Sheet.   I am not moving.  It’s bloody freezing  Out there.  Don’t think I will run until midday 

Lol, it's cold in Brissy 

-3.9 here with the windchill and blowing a gale.  The Mrs did her 5km run.

Thankfully, I'm on a day off 😁

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Lol, it's cold in Brissy 

-3.9 here with the windchill and blowing a gale.  The Mrs did her 5km run.

Thankfully, I'm on a day off 😁

Was on the cootha trails at 5.00am, us soft Queenslanders don't do cold. Am very rarely out of shorts.

Edited by Merv
Sp
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Peter said:

I know.  Lucky its just People over 70.  We don’t need them. They provide zero value to society.  

At least  they won’t have to worry about their franking credits

Edited by chris
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, Peter said:

I know.  Lucky its just People over 70.  We don’t need them. They provide zero value to society.  

3 of your cases were workers from a food processing facility. 

Over 70 huh? 

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, roxii said:

Over 70 huh? 

Fake news. 

6 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Supermarkets, corner stores & foodbanks were allowed open, though the smaller stores were limited to 1 customer at a time.

No Bunnings or Kmart & crap like that. And no take-away other than pre-packaged pies & sausage rolls  at corner stores.

That's pretty much the UK. Not sure about about having food delivered as we never have takeaway or delivered stuff anyway. (I've not heard that you can).  B&Q. (like Bunnings) have been allowed to open a few selected stores but this was only last week. Screwfix and Toolstaton (trade/non trade tools and goods, some DIY stuff) have been operating a 'Click and Collect' service, where you wait outside and you pre-arranged order is put on a table.  Zero contact.  Many regular DIY items have been listed 'not available' on heir sites though.

There is talk about a back to school announcement next week. (the announcement, not the return to school).  I think it might be phased in for some disadvantaged kids from mid May but that's only speculation on my part.

Definitely more cars about though, I can tell that when I'm running.

The easing of recreational travel went off with a bang today. We did the 4WD tracks up the back of Mt Mee. We've been up there dozens of times, and today would have to be the worst condition I've ever seen the track. I suppose being closed for 6 weeks they haven't bothered with maintenance.

That aside though, there were at least 3 times the number of vehicle on it as I have EVER seen. Everyone had the same idea, as it's about the most remote you can get within 50km from the northern suburbs. Anyway, even with all the traffic, it was great to get out and do something away from the house other than shopping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, roxii said:

Over 70 huh? 

And a paramedic 

Following the Cunnamas on social media.

Saffas can now exercise outside, but only between 6 and 9 am.

As someone who has been leaving my runs until 8 pm to avoid as many people as possible, it seems quite daft.

17 hours ago, Merv said:

Was on the cootha trails at 5.00am, us soft Queenslanders don't do cold. Am very rarely out of shorts.

My mate down here is always in shorts, even when it is -10 the bad bastard!

On 30/04/2020 at 2:47 PM, roxii said:

I love how most of us get a bike fit and cut the seatpost to length, you get a bike fit and cut your leg to length.  :lol:  

Today I randomly decided it was time to check out the new bike leg and see what I'd need to do to make it fit properly.

I compared the old leg with the new one side by side to get an approximation of how much length I may need to cut from the new pylon. But to the eye it looked as if it was the right length right out of the factory.

So I figure the next step is to simply try it out. I transferred the cleat adapter and cleat over to the new one and did a little eye ball adjustment of all the various angles you can adjust.

Fired up the Computrainer, put on some knicks (which have definitely shrunk 😆) and hopped on with the new leg. Pretty much spot on right out of the gate, perhaps a poofteenth too long but I was able to pedal OK. So I did 15 min and that was enough. No rides in 10 months and I always have to be careful when I start.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Surfer said:

@Alex Simmons that must be a joy, straight on your bike after all that time. How long until you're back to the level you'll be happy with?

Mentally, I think about 6 weeks. Physically, 6 months to be able to do some longer rides > 2 hours. I have no plans to race again, so peak fitness isn't a goal, just enough fitness to enjoy the bike again and get over the local hills. It'll take several years for my body weight to get to a more satisfying level. But 6 months is a bit of milestone as I've had trouble getting that duration of consistent riding in - usually I have some issue that makes it unpleasant to ride.

If we can clear the Covid stuff and be able to ride with others, then I'd like to perhaps do some laps at the local velodrome with local club.

If I can ride consistently for more than 6 months without problems, then I might look at a gravel bike as the gravel bike ride options here are fantastic.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Alex Simmons said:

No rides in 10 months and I always have to be careful when I start.

May I be nosey and ask how come no rides in 10 months?  Is this how long it took to get a leg that would work on the bike? What happened the old leg? Tell me to bugger off or ignore me if I'm being impertinent or rude (unintentional)

10 hours ago, Peter said:

Nsw are the biggest worry here. 

63660784-197D-4813-9589-DE024F2CC2BD.jpeg

No. They know where every one of these cases is. Vic are the biggest worry.

Their active cases have gone up by 25% in the past week. They had 20 new cases just on this last weekend. That's 20 people with Covid-19 that were out in the community potentially spreading the virus until told that they had it.

That's more than the rest of Australia combined.

Vic Cases

image.png.9612ea4caf8c68d874669324f9f9123c.png

National Cases

image.png.8366aea41714cd4a884f24e7bce594fc.png

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen