Jump to content

Coronavirus


Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Peter said:

Seems the federal government ban on aussies coming back from India isn’t going to hold up. 
 

Sydney barrister Christopher Ward, SC, acting for Mr Newman, told the court on Monday the ban purported to abrogate a common law right of citizens to re-enter their country of citizenship in circumstances but the law did not set out clearly the government’s power to take such a step.

Justice Thomas Thawley, who presided over the case, said that there was a common law right on the part of Australian citizens to enter Australia.

Why is sending Australian cricketers to the Maldives in the Federal Court ?  Isn't that just a thank you.

As an aside, wouldn't they enter our country, not re enter, surely all these people have not entered before.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again nex

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comment

Thought I'd check in with you all. Have to say I'm struggling a bit with redundancy, the virus and its knock on effects. Trying to stay positive but feeling quite 'isolated' over here now and starting

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

 

And lessens the chance you'll end up in ICU. Or be hospitalised. Or the severity of symptoms. Or how likely you are to pass it on to someone else. Or the chance you'll contract it at all.

Just look at the drop off in new cases in the UK. From around 60000 new cases per day to 2000. Deaths down from 1200/day to averaging 9/day over the last week.

United Kingdom COVID: 4,434,860 Cases and 127,605 Deaths - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

A similar trend for Israel. New cases down from 8000/day to 50, deaths down from 65/day to 1 or 2.

Israel COVID: 838,892 Cases and 6,377 Deaths - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

Chris, (or anyone else for that matter), please don't post shit. Propagating misinformation is irresponsible.

Which means little without context. Victoria went from a bazillion infections to basically zero for the last 2-3 months. Must have been the vaccine everyone got... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Federal Court has upheld the validity of the Morrison government’s controversial travel ban from India, declaring Health Minister Greg Hunt’s did consider all options before making the emergency declaration, which the court ruled was the “least restrictive” measure available given the circumstances. 

Justice Tom Thawley on Monday quashed an urgent application, filed by a Melbourne man stranded in Bangalore, to overturn the ban that prevents Australians in India from returning home. The restrictions are due to expire this weekend.

He agreed Australian citizens have a fundamental common law right to enter Australia, but confirmed this could be “abrogated by valid legislation.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, truck said:

For the 9th May QLD reporting it did 317 vaccinations.  Meanwhile Vic did 10x that and NSW more again.  Everyone down the beach?

317 is this a joke , 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, truck said:

For the 9th May QLD reporting it did 317 vaccinations.  Meanwhile Vic did 10x that and NSW more again.  Everyone down the beach?

 

9 minutes ago, chris said:

317 is this a joke , 

Guessing that would have been medical or hotel staff only. No public 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, more said:

Which means little without context. Victoria went from a bazillion infections to basically zero for the last 2-3 months. Must have been the vaccine everyone got... 

You can be obtuse about it if you like, but the UK and Israel's plummeting cases have coincided with them having the highest vaccination rates in the world.

Of course, we're all well aware of Victoria's rates of new cases and deaths dropped, as we are the measures imposed which produced those results. 

Conversely, compared to Victoria, the UK and Israel's outbreaks were far more substantial, in terms of overall numbers, deaths per capita, duration or possibly any other measure you may care to nominate.

If you're not being contrary for the sake of it, please provide some substantial data and qualified analysis on the factors which have reduced their covid rates to the extent that those factors have been masked by the supposed ineffectiveness of widespread vaccination.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, truck said:

For the 9th May QLD reporting it did 317 vaccinations.  Meanwhile Vic did 10x that and NSW more again.  Everyone down the beach?

Probably.   That was a Sunday and Mothers Day.   Weather was sunny and warm and word from the chaos zone was that many of the parks and outdoor areas were crowded with families enjoying the day.  

I think a bigger concern is that NSW hasn't found the missing link yet which means that theres got to be at least one (if not more) covid cases wandering around Sydney undetected shedding germs as they go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, truck said:

For the 9th May QLD reporting it did 317 vaccinations.  Meanwhile Vic did 10x that and NSW more again.  Everyone down the beach?

Where did the number come from and how was it recorded? Different states may report their numbers in different timeframes. 

It's Monday. Depending on the reporting systems, the numbers often reflect the previous day's figures and some don't report Sunday figures separately.

Weekly averages are probably a more reliable measure, ironing out statistical blips like these:

Tracking Australia’s COVID vaccine rollout numbers - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

Where did the number come from and how was it recorded? Different states may report their numbers in different timeframes. 

It's Monday. Depending on the reporting systems, the numbers often reflect the previous day's figures and some don't report Sunday figures separately.

Weekly averages are probably a more reliable measure, ironing out statistical blips like these:

Tracking Australia’s COVID vaccine rollout numbers - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Both on the Qld 6pm news and also through the ABC tracking site. We really aren’t serious about it here - yes it was sunny and 27c but hey no rush. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, truck said:

Both on the Qld 6pm news and also through the ABC tracking site. We really aren’t serious about it here - yes it was sunny and 27c but hey no rush. 

Yep our success will ultimately be our downfall 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently tucked within the budget docs is the assumption Australians will all be vaccinated by the end of the year.  This year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, goughy said:

Apparently tucked within the budget docs is the assumption Australians will all be vaccinated by the end of the year.  This year.

All those that want to be vaccinated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peter said:

All those that want to be vaccinated. 

Correct met with clients yesterday none of them want to get vaccinated, they don’t see a need and a scared of blood clots 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

No borders opening until late 2022? 🤯

That's just a placeholder.  When pushed they aren't committed to it - reality is they won't doing anything until after the next election and, even then, if it becomes an election commitment not to open them, then they'll stay shut.

Interesting how they can see tax inflows increasing to pay off the ballooning debt when there's no tourism and no education sector for overseas students (both reliant on border access).  Let's just hope the iron ore price doesn't get a cold or we'll be well and truly stuffed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

No borders opening until late 2022? 🤯

I'm predicting an announcement to open the borders will occur no later than end of November this year.  Either just before or just after the announcement for the date of the Federal election.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

I'm predicting an announcement to open the borders will occur no later than end of November this year.  Either just before or just after the announcement for the date of the Federal election.

SO the only plan to get out of this is to win the election. WOW

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chris said:

SO the only plan to get out of this is to win the election. WOW

No.  The only way he's going to win the election is to open the borders and announcing it just prior to the election so that its fresh in peoples minds on polling day.  I just can't see people still accepting closed border till next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, truck said:

 Let's just hope the iron ore price doesn't get a cold or we'll be well and truly stuffed.

They were talking this morning that is at what, $200 now, and predicted to go up to $220 I think next year, but they're expecting it to drop to $50 in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

No.  The only way he's going to win the election is to open the borders and announcing it just prior to the election so that its fresh in peoples minds on polling day.  I just can't see people still accepting closed border till next year.

I see the exact opposite. At a guess probably 50% of people have passports in this country.  Once you remove kids maybe 30% have them.  
 

that leaves 70% that are happy to stay safe and keep the borders shut. 
 

I’d personally prefer them to be opened to vaccinated people but I can’t see it. 
 

we are clearly North Korea.  Kim Jong-Scomo 

Edited by Peter
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, goughy said:

They were talking this morning that is at what, $200 now, and predicted to go up to $220 I think next year, but they're expecting it to drop to $50 in the future.

In the current forecasts/budget they’ve been using $50USD/t whereas the actual price has been close to 200 and has now topped that on occasion. As the Feds get a royalty % on the selling price they’ve been creaming it in. Assuming China keeps buying Aussie red dust then it will stay up for a while - at some point Vale will sort their enviro problems out in South America and/or China will start extracting out of Africa. Either way the price will then come down. Not sure what the Feds have assumed going forwards but it’s their get out of jail card at the moment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter said:

I see the exact opposite. At a guess probably 50% of people have passports in this country.  Once you remove kids maybe 30% have them.  
 

that leaves 70% that are happy to stay safe and keep the borders shut. 
 

I’d personally prefer them to be opened to vaccinated people but I can’t see it. 
 

we are clearly North Korea.  Kim Jong-Scomo 

It's 57% but that's lower than I expected. (75% in Britain)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FatPom said:

It's 57% but that's lower than I expected. (75% in Britain)

I’ll take the 7% as a rounding error. Haha 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -- AJ -- said:

No.  The only way he's going to win the election is to open the borders and announcing it just prior to the election so that its fresh in peoples minds on polling day.  I just can't see people still accepting closed border till next year.

Living in wa I can see border closure winning the election 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly social media slammed this guy as he came back from India.  
 

however he wasn’t infected until he was in a hotel in south Australia 

 

5ED1C6A2-CA9F-4574-83BD-758D6F2EE275.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Peter said:

Anyway back to Covid. 
 

 

1FDD013F-290A-46B3-9205-9A946507CDC9.jpeg

Not bad odds, Ohio has an adult population of 8 mill....considering maybe 70% will get the jab, around 1.4M per week...gives you a 1 in 1.4M chance of winning...well much better odds than Tattslotto anyway..

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 12/05/2021 at 3:02 PM, -- AJ -- said:

No.  The only way he's going to win the election is to open the borders and announcing it just prior to the election so that its fresh in peoples minds on polling day.  I just can't see people still accepting closed border till next year.

 

Of course slo mo is doing that, he has stuffed up so many times re front of the queue, vaccinated by march etc.... now going the other way so he can say, we said x, and we beat it, ain't rocket science.   Good luck to him, it's great politics for six months time. 

Gladys is already offering the pfizer to under 50's at Homebush in Sydney, slo mo will be across that like a mai tai in hawaii whilst Australia burns.   

Australia's back baby.   

 

Edited by Oompa Loompa
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FatPom said:

 

....

Edited by goughy
Edited to remove as was missed in the cleanup (my crap, not fp's)
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

May be an image of text that says "Massive news: COVID-19 vaccines will be available Ûor anyone aged 30 and over at State-run clinics in WA Bookings are essential and open later today at: www.rollupforwa.com.au"

This will likely help improve numbers over here also. 

Sorry it's so big. I don't know how to make it smaller. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The fully vaccinated numbers will climb really fast once all those like me see the 3 month wait expires between the first and second jab. Aug 5th for my second. 
by November id guess fully vaccinated will be over 50%

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Peter said:

The fully vaccinated numbers will climb really fast once all those like me see the 3 month wait expires between the first and second jab. Aug 5th for my second. 
by November id guess fully vaccinated will be over 50%

Will be a brave pollie (read none) that exposes 12m people to CV19. Either HQ is here forever or there has to be a monumental mindset change. The stats from the UK clearly show the benefits of vaccination- and yet there is v little promotion of that here and the advertising to get vaccinated is as compelling as a soggy lettuce. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, truck said:

The stats from the UK clearly show the benefits of vaccination

To be fair the same stats could also show the value of being in some sort of lockdown scenario too.  In some sort of lockdown since January 6 and still no guarantee that they'll be released on June 21 either with talk of extending it another 2 weeks.

Given the way mutations seems to be appearing every month or so, I'm personally not convinced that the supposed benefits being shouted from the rooftops will actually eventuate.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, truck said:

. The stats from the UK clearly show the benefits of vaccination- and yet there is v little promotion of that here and the advertising to get vaccinated is as compelling as a soggy lettuce. 

In the USA. 
 

 

0057BDBD-8FFA-4157-BFB1-F032FEEFE593.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

To be fair the same stats could also show the value of being in some sort of lockdown scenario too.  In some sort of lockdown since January 6 and still no guarantee that they'll be released on June 21 either with talk of extending it another 2 weeks.

Given the way mutations seems to be appearing every month or so, I'm personally not convinced that the supposed benefits being shouted from the rooftops will actually eventuate.

 

It appears that if you want to stay out of hospital, get vaccinated.  Maybe that should be the advertising slogan here not the one with the gentle music that starts by saying 'its purely voluntary...'

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57367849

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Peter said:

If this isn’t a false positive then nsw must also have cases. And maybe Queensland you’d think. 

40745C65-22D3-477A-8758-35D4725BDBD7.jpeg

some people eh?  Seems they travelled from Mlebourne. 

So broke Vic rules, NSW rules and Qld rules. 

Went through country NSW and then the coast. 8 days since leaving Melb. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Katz said:

Utterly selfish SOBs.

and was actually sick scine the 3rd.  so all that travel.  Only got tested on the 8th. 

ef##### SOB's

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turts said:

some people eh?  Seems they travelled from Mlebourne. 

So broke Vic rules, NSW rules and Qld rules. 

Went through country NSW and then the coast. 8 days since leaving Melb. 

So heres what I think.  Bring back the Stocks for punishment and make these selfish pricks spend 1 day in stocks in every location they stopped at on the way.

And then allow farmers to sell produce for people to throw at these people.

Sounds like a Win-Win to me.  Provides a deterrent to stop people from being selfish pricks, provides an income for the farmers and lets the general population express their feelings

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -- AJ -- said:

To be fair the same stats could also show the value of being in some sort of lockdown scenario too.  In some sort of lockdown since January 6 and still no guarantee that they'll be released on June 21 either with talk of extending it another 2 weeks.

Given the way mutations seems to be appearing every month or so, I'm personally not convinced that the supposed benefits being shouted from the rooftops will actually eventuate.

 

I'd be interested to know which parts of the UK are in lockdown at the moment, as I'm sure would the rest of the nation!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...