Coronavirus

Sorry, I missed someting. Pfizer for over50's isn't available til the end of the year. ? Got mine as a critical worker.

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again nex

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comment

Thought I'd check in with you all. Have to say I'm struggling a bit with redundancy, the virus and its knock on effects. Trying to stay positive but feeling quite 'isolated' over here now and starting

Posted Images

1 hour ago, -- AJ -- said:

Why don't we just let people get on with their own lives, make their own decisions and live with the consequences of those decisions.    

Seems like a good incentive to me too. 

Why should we give money to people just to get them to do the right thing.   This country is getting like the Oprah show.   You get some money and you get some money and you get some money and....

Because I don't want some selfish anti vaxxer killing me or my loved ones wkt their own choices decisions

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Merv said:

Sorry, I missed someting. Pfizer for over50's isn't available til the end of the year. ? Got mine as a critical worker.

Yep that’s right, what they have they’re keeping for ‘frontline’ workers under 50. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, truck said:

Yep that’s right, what they have they’re keeping for ‘frontline’ workers under 50. 

So if there is another lockdown later in the year we should still be able to have over 50s entertainment. 
Nightclubs that play 80’s Oz rock, not too loud, open at 6 and finish by about 10 :lol: (keep the beer expensive so we all have something to whinge about) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I work in a small shared office space 

all similar age group 50ish and did a poll . Basically came out won’t get the jab as no need , they don’t travel and as we don’t have covid here what’s the point. 

I think Peter did a similar poll at his work.

this is the problem there needs to be an incentive and we need it quick.

other wise we will be shut to the world forever.

• Like 1

And there is your incentive!  Not being a selfish ass and doing something because it's in the good for everyone else, if not for you!  

• Like 1

The look I got at work when I told them I was signed up to get my vaccine was pretty much the same look I get when I tell people I give blood. 
Some people don’t give a crap about “community”

• Like 2

Was at the Hangar this arvo.... ages varied from 48 - 58, fair bit younger the average age of triathletes in the Erectile Dysfunction Stakes, let alone for those that attended sharks v dogs, at no means no stadium last week.... but basically nobody is getting the jab, we stand with slo mo. 

Most think its a commie synthetic conspiracy, and will continue to vote Liberal for the good of white supremacy, happy clappers and hypocrites everywhere.  

1 minute ago, Oompa Loompa said:

Was at the Hangar this arvo.... ages varied from 48 - 58, fair bit younger the average age of triathletes in the Erectile Dysfunction Stakes, let alone for those that attended sharks v dogs, at no means no stadium last week.... but basically nobody is getting the jab, we stand with slo mo. 

Most think its a commie synthetic conspiracy, and will continue to vote Liberal for the good of white supremacy, happy clappers and hypocrites everywhere.  

I obviously disagree with this mindset.

1 hour ago, goughy said:

And there is your incentive!  Not being a selfish ass and doing something because it's in the good for everyone else, if not for you!  

90% of Australians have zero desire to travel overseas.  So travel isn’t an incentive for them. 

australia needs another incentive.  

BREAKING: A hotel quarantine security guard has tested positive to COVID-19. He attended a number of locations across Perth while potentially infected, his two housemates have also tested positive #perthnews

Wonder what the 98% of people that voted for McClown are thinking tonight 

6 minutes ago, Peter said:

BREAKING: A hotel quarantine security guard has tested positive to COVID-19. He attended a number of locations across Perth while potentially infected, his two housemates have also tested positive #perthnews

Wonder what the 98% of people that voted for McClown are thinking tonight 

The usual, better head to Woolies and stock up on pasta and poo paper. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, roxii said:

The usual, better head to Woolies and stock up on pasta and poo paper. 

They couldn’t have run out yet from last time could they?

14 minutes ago, Peter said:

They couldn’t have run out yet from last time could they?

C’mon mate that’s not how panic buying works 

49 minutes ago, Peter said:

90% of Australians have zero desire to travel overseas.  So travel isn’t an incentive for them. 

not killing other people is not enough

49 minutes ago, Peter said:

Preferably one that I (as a middle income earning taxpayer of this country) don't end up spending the next 15 years of my life paying extra tax to fund.

18 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

not killing other people is not enough

You are arguing with the wrong person. 

im booked for May 18th. 

I would think that not being able to access venues as crowd limits are rolled back would help.

No 'vaccinated' ID code on your phone (or a card) no entry to the pub, footy, restaurant, and anywhere that you could be a risk to others.

Edited by Yogi Bearista
Just now, Yogi Bearista said:

I would think that not being able to access venues as crowd limits are rolled back would help.

No 'vaccinated' QR code on your phone, no entry to the pub, footy, restaurant, and anywhere that you could be a risk to others.

That will never happen.  

the AFL has so much power.  There is no way the government will take on the powers of AFL and LEAGUE. 

the men that run the club and sports have way more power than the political parties in this country 

1 minute ago, Yogi Bearista said:

No 'vaccinated' QR code on your phone, no entry to the pub, footy, restaurant, and anywhere that you could be a risk to others.

It’s about the only Option we have

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

That will never happen.  

Maybe, but it will mean govt turning a blind eye to a public health risk, and that could get very expensive if a large %age of the population remain unvaccinated and it all goes wrong - more lockdowns etc.

33 minutes ago, Yogi Bearista said:

Wouldn't this be considered discrimination against those who can't have the vaccine.  What about children who (as is my current understanding) arn't approved for the vaccine?

Edited by -- AJ --
10 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Wouldn't this be considered discrimination against those who can't have the vaccine.  What about children who (as is my current understanding) arn't approved for the vaccine?

Obviously exemptions could apply, as they do with nearly everything, but that doesn't change the requirement for the majority of people who are eligible but refuse to comply.

59 minutes ago, Yogi Bearista said:

Maybe, but it will mean govt turning a blind eye to a public health risk, and that could get very expensive if a large %age of the population remain unvaccinated and it all goes wrong - more lockdowns etc.

The premiers have power with lockdowns. 

Scomo has power with travel.

they don’t need to solve future debt issues as they will be retired. 

its all about power.  And they currently have it. 

17 minutes ago, Peter said:

The premiers have power with lockdowns. 

Scomo has power with travel.

they don’t need to solve future debt issues as they will be retired. 

its all about power.  And they currently have it. 

And being able to deny access to venues is not power?

Interesting to see Victorias interstate travel control is as useless as ever. Travelling to W. A disembarking the plane I was met with an army of infectious control types in all the gear, checking my temperature and that I had all the appropriate credentials before allowing me in. 

Returning to Melbourne all I was met with was an African taxi driver complaining he couldn't fit my bags in his boot because he had too much crap in there... 

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, goughy said:

400+k new infections in the last day in India.  

It is terrifying, how quickly this can spread, all more reason to get vaccinated faster

• Like 1
1 hour ago, goughy said:

400+k new infections in the last day in India.  

And even they admit it is probably very underreported.

Horrible stuff seeing people dying due to the lack of oxygen that could probably be saved. 

32 minutes ago, roxii said:

And even they admit it is probably very underreported.

Horrible stuff seeing people dying due to the lack of oxygen that could probably be saved. 

Yes. You have to pay to get tested in India so the numbers are obviously way higher.

if you had 6 people that live in one house and one tests positive, you wouldn’t pay to get the rest tested. Pointless.

45 minutes ago, Peter said:

Yes. You have to pay to get tested in India so the numbers are obviously way higher.

if you had 6 people that live in one house and one tests positive, you wouldn’t pay to get the rest tested. Pointless.

Read Sky news its all a conspiracy and not real, but we shouldn't let people from India in 

53 minutes ago, Peter said:

I would have already assumed it was underreported, but surely if having to pay for tests, it would be way way under?

1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

Read Sky news its all a conspiracy and not real, but we shouldn't let people from India in 

Sky news like Fox News isn’t news. Stop watching them 

• Like 1

so another WA hotel escape - security guard, who gave it to 2 other houselhold members yesterday. 

Stay tuned for mcgowans response......

so no lockdown yet, but no spectators at the AFL derby this arvo - thats a big call and I'm surised he made it actually. Was thinking he'd announce a lockdown at fulltime. .......

Seems the guard and his roomies were also food delivery drivers. 

22 minutes ago, Turts said:

so no lockdown yet, but no spectators at the AFL derby this arvo - thats a big call and I'm surised he made it actually. Was thinking he'd announce a lockdown at fulltime. .......

Seems the guard and his roomies were also food delivery drivers. 

Guard wasn't, just the roomies. I was surprised, but pleased, about the footy call.

We were so lucky we got our race yesterday. The announcement was made during the last hour or so. Awards were cancelled and FunMan today was also cancelled by TWA. Refunds are being given to FunMan entrants.

• Like 1

Had Arvo tea with the in laws today.  They were on a round Aussie Cruise in March last year, which obviously got canned mid Cruise.  The couple they shared a car home from the airport with tested positive less than a week later.  They currently have cruises booked to port Douglas, I think mid this year, then to NZ later and then another to Papua New Guinea! (He was stationed there in the Dutch army).  He is absolutely adamant all his cruises will be going ahead, no issues!  When we left, my wife was thinking maybe she'll have another chat to her doc and maybe get AZ now after all......

22 minutes ago, goughy said:

Had Arvo tea with the in laws today.  They were on a round Aussie Cruise in March last year, which obviously got canned mid Cruise.  The couple they shared a car home from the airport with tested positive less than a week later.  They currently have cruises booked to port Douglas, I think mid this year, then to NZ later and then another to Papua New Guinea! (He was stationed there in the Dutch army).  He is absolutely adamant all his cruises will be going ahead, no issues!  When we left, my wife was thinking maybe she'll have another chat to her doc and maybe get AZ now after all......

Google calendar just reminded me that I'm actually supposed to be in Canada and Alaska at the moment.  Disappointed that we're not there but at the same time we're rather happy we're not there.

Think I just heard on the ABC that Victorian vax hubs, while preferring you to make a booking, are accepting walk ins.

Jab done (AZ) in South Brissie. Flying through them here, took all of 3 mins from walking through the door to the waiting area. Reasonably busy which is good to see. 

• Like 3

So we've had a middle of the night announcement that anyone returning from india is risking large fines and up to 5 years imprisonment.  We've had that confirmed day after day.  Then yesterday the PM said it is highly unlikely and anyone returning from india would actually be fined or imprisoned.  Then this morning Michael McCormack (I've said for years that the LNP needs to stop the Nats leaders from speaking) said there is absolutely no chance that anyone returning from india would be jailed.  Absolutely zero, never going to happen......

See the UK announced they are looking to give everyone over 50 a 3rd shot before christmas.  We will be lucky to have 50% with a first shot by then 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, goughy said:

So we've had a middle of the night announcement that anyone returning from india is risking large fines and up to 5 years imprisonment.  We've had that confirmed day after day.  Then yesterday the PM said it is highly unlikely and anyone returning from india would actually be fined or imprisoned.  Then this morning Michael McCormack (I've said for years that the LNP needs to stop the Nats leaders from speaking) said there is absolutely no chance that anyone returning from india would be jailed.  Absolutely zero, never going to happen......

Yes, the same biosecurity laws have been in place for a long time. The jail term was just something the media picked up on and decided to focus on. It was very unlikely that it would've ever been used. 

1 hour ago, goughy said:

Just like the thousands of people who were fined in Victoria have been told they dont have to pay their Covid fines...

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, roxii said:

See the UK announced they are looking to give everyone over 50 a 3rd shot before christmas.  We will be lucky to have 50% with a first shot by then 

You will have both. Because you are willing to get it. 

you’ll be surprised once you get it and you mention it to people the number that will say they aren’t getting in. 

my office has 9 people. 4 qualify over 50.  I am the only one getting it. All others said they never intend to get it. 

my team country wide has 16 people. Once again 4 of us qualify and the other 3 have all said they won’t get the AZ vaccine. So no chance they will be done by Xmas. 

im sure there are heaps reading this that are the same. 

Edited by Peter
  • Like 2

Reading about the dogs breakfast disguised as hotel quarantine in victoria

low or highlights depending on your perspective

tradies and contractors still coming and going unvaccinated despite it being mandatory

the nebuliser man who was accused of causing outbreak has been exonerated.  Seems it was a woman being tested for COVID who was standing at an open door for an extended period of time due to the tester having problems with testing

Senior infection control officer breached regulations and refused to take mandatory COVID test - now stood down

aircondioning turned off for 7 hour periods overnight to save money 

filthy garbage and carpet piling up in corridors

Senior medical office vaping in hotel even though banned ....

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, AA7 said:

Yes, the same biosecurity laws have been in place for a long time. The jail term was just something the media picked up on and decided to focus on. It was very unlikely that it would've ever been used. 

Not quite true. ScoMo and Hunt both specifically mentioned jail terms - ScoMo for India, Hunt for anyone daring to leave Aus without his permission through New Zealand. I agree though that they will never be used in those circumstances. 

5 minutes ago, truck said:

Not quite true. ScoMo and Hunt both specifically mentioned jail terms - ScoMo for India, Hunt for anyone daring to leave Aus without his permission through New Zealand. I agree though that they will never be used in those circumstances. 

Speaking of flip flopping, just over a week ago the Labor party through Shorten said we needed to close the borders to India immediately, but now they are saying how evil it is to close the borders....WTF. 

for the record, i do believe in this circumstance the borders should have been closed for at least a few days or weeks or so, citizens or not. Its harsh, but its for short time and we don't have the facilities to handle the amount of quarantine nor do we even know much about this new strain.