Coronavirus

10 minutes ago, Peter said:

I’ve learnt a few things over 9 months. 

the federal government lied saying.
 “Let’s flatten the curve”

”We are all in this together “

the federal government has only handed out cash. That’s it.  They have done nothing else..

the state premiers have more power in Australia than anyone else. 

They also hate each other when it suits their agenda.  

and finally, Mark MClown is the most ****ed Premier in the country.  

As a citizen of the UK, Australia and was living in the USA, I am very happy to be here and very happy with the States responses with the exception of NSW

• Like 2
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again nex

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comment

Thought I'd check in with you all. Have to say I'm struggling a bit with redundancy, the virus and its knock on effects. Trying to stay positive but feeling quite 'isolated' over here now and starting

Posted Images

I asked the question a few months ago and I'll ask it again.

Politicians are "Look-at-me" personalities particularly when they are doing a good job. Their survival relies on that.   On that basis,  Politicians using the "Look over there" approach deflecting attention from themselves and what they're doing to anything but themselves and what they're doing are obviously trying to hide something.

What is Gladys (look at all the other states) trying to hide?

21 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

As a citizen of the UK, Australia and was living in the USA, I am very happy to be here and very happy with the States responses with the exception of NSW

Not sure you’d have said that if you’d lived through Vics self inflicted lockdown.  
The reality is as Peter said, we’re no longer a country just a collection of States and all the Feds are good for is handing out money (and stuffing up energy policy but that’s a whole different thread!). Suppression makes sense if the virus is going to be around for a while - the only State managing for the long term is NSW. 

6 minutes ago, truck said:

Not sure you’d have said that if you’d lived through Vics self inflicted lockdown.  
The reality is as Peter said, we’re no longer a country just a collection of States and all the Feds are good for is handing out money (and stuffing up energy policy but that’s a whole different thread!). Suppression makes sense if the virus is going to be around for a while - the only State managing for the long term is NSW. 

I wouldn't have been happy to be a Vic in lock down because of quarantine stuff ups. I did live in US lockdown in Maryland for 5 months.

I think Victoria has moved to the long term phase as well. 

we didn’t go into a lockdown at all with the black rock Thai cluster this time. 29 cases from it so far.  

id say nsw and Vic are the 2 states trying to manage long term.  I’d almost put SA into that basket as well now. 

WA is going to keep closing and what its actually done is make WA people locked down worse than any other state.  Just the people there haven’t figured it out yet.  

as of 6pm I can fly to my mums in Byron bay and come back on the weekend.  Something WA people just can’t do. Yet they have zero cases. 

Edited by Peter
50 minutes ago, Peter said:

I think Victoria has moved to the long term phase as well. 

we didn’t go into a lockdown at all with the black rock Thai cluster this time. 29 cases from it so far.  

id say nsw and Vic are the 2 states trying to manage long term.  I’d almost put SA into that basket as well now. 

WA is going to keep closing and what its actually done is make WA people locked down worse than any other state.  Just the people there haven’t figured it out yet.  

as of 6pm I can fly to my mums in Byron bay and come back on the weekend.  Something WA people just can’t do. Yet they have zero cases. 

I have figured it out . It really sucks

1 hour ago, -- AJ -- said:

What is Gladys (look at all the other states) trying to hide?

I think she’s just showing that you can live with it providing you have the right systems in place. Based on APs reaction Friday morning the question could be asked as to what was she trying to hide from? 2.5m people locked up for 3 days when we haven’t had a single subsequent positive case. She basically demanded all other States lock Brisbane out by declaring a hotspot thereby allowing her to do the same thing in reverse without scrutiny. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, truck said:

I think she’s just showing that you can live with it providing you have the right systems in place. Based on APs reaction Friday morning the question could be asked as to what was she trying to hide from? 2.5m people locked up for 3 days when we haven’t had a single subsequent positive case. She basically demanded all other States lock Brisbane out by declaring a hotspot thereby allowing her to do the same thing in reverse without scrutiny. 

Fair Question....Considering that Melany wasn't included in that that lockdown even though it has a known case of the UK variant. 

Personally, I think the lock down over the weekend was an overcautious overreaction made by a group of people who have a one size fits all solution and who don't have the skills to proactively change game plan to suit the current situation.   

Michael McCormack saying that all the businesses he's talked to have said they are happy that job keeper is winding up in March.

2 minutes ago, goughy said:

Michael McCormack saying that all the businesses he's talked to have said they are happy that job keeper is winding up in March.

I'm wondering who he talked to? 🤣 With these snap lockdowns and a new more transmissable strain coming I would be concerned. Not sure if the method of contact tracing is going to help with this one.

At least Gladys has cut the arrivals by half, there are still risks with who is left, especially if they are coming in from the UK or South Africa, has it made it to the US yet?

22 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Fair Question....Considering that Melany wasn't included in that that lockdown even though it has a known case of the UK variant. 

Personally, I think the lock down over the weekend was an overcautious overreaction made by a group of people who have a one size fits all solution and who don't have the skills to proactively change game plan to suit the current situation.   

You mean like a school Mum pretending to be a premier and her mums best friend as CHO?

41 minutes ago, truck said:

She has set a heck of a precedent now though. There will be more lockdowns if we base it on just 1 positive case.  As our company is the owner of several shopping centres, it is driving us nuts as it is the retailers. 

• Thanks 1

And now Dan’s introduced his red, orange and green passes with a $5k fine if you don’t have one. Maybe that’s the way to go but if it is how about having the same system everywhere so we know wtf is going on?

He's a national party politician so he's probably been talking to small business, specifically hospitality who are finding it almost impossible to get casual staff as their target employees are earning more on JobKeeper.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Peter said:

You mean like a school Mum pretending to be a premier and her mums best friend as CHO?

You do realise she doesn't have any kids right...? It was quite the talking point about a year ago when the LNP implied as a "non mother" she was less able to be a leader...

Ah, so AP!

I think she's spent a fair bit of time around the Labor party over the years, considering her father's background.  Plus the no kids thing.

1 hour ago, pieman said:

You do realise she doesn't have any kids right...? It was quite the talking point about a year ago when the LNP implied as a "non mother" she was less able to be a leader...

My point is she comes across like one of “those” school mums.  

And as I said her public speaking is horrible for the highest elected official in Queensland. 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

My point is she comes across like one of “those” school mums.  

And as I said her public speaking is horrible for the highest elected official in Queensland. 

Rightio. I'm just entering the school system so yet to encourage the school mum..

The answers lie in her experience or lack of.. her cv is a joke. 

Retail assistant while at school. 

Uni politics. 

Advisor job for one of her dads ALP mates

Takes over dads electorate 

Premier..

2 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

He's a national party politician so he's probably been talking to small business, specifically hospitality who are finding it almost impossible to get casual staff as their target employees are earning more on JobKeeper.

Doesn’t agree with Twitter’s  actions and described the Capitol Hill events as unfortunate. Enough said. 

1 hour ago, pieman said:

Rightio. I'm just entering the school system so yet to encourage the school mum..

The answers lie in her experience or lack of.. her cv is a joke. 

Retail assistant while at school. 

Uni politics. 

Advisor job for one of her dads ALP mates

Takes over dads electorate 

Premier..

She was supposed to lose that election!  They needed someone to stand in, as they didn't want Cameron Dick to lose election after election.  Then the plucky soccer mum went and won an unwinable and pretty much made herself untouchable, and then kept bloody winning!  You can blame the LNP for her leadership.

So AP announced today that tourism was off the agenda and there will be no tourism for the foreseeable future.  But Cricket is OK.  🤷‍♀️  Who writes her stuff? 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Cat Lady said:

So AP announced today that tourism was off the agenda and there will be no tourism for the foreseeable future.  But Cricket is OK.  🤷‍♀️  Who writes her stuff? 

WOW, cause QLD doesn't really rely much on its tourism does it????   :huh:

• Haha 2
14 hours ago, pieman said:

be afraid, be very afraid.  The mummy mafia puts politicians in the shade when it comes to back stabbing....  It is, actually, a perfect breeding ground for future politicians.....

1 minute ago, Cat Lady said:

Don't worry.  There will be plenty of tourism.  Just not intrastate.  

There are plenty of pissed off Queenslanders (particularly Brisbaneites) who had their Christmas holidays completely destroyed who will be keen to get away from the Brisvegas any chance they can get.  They can't go overseas, they won't want to get caught interstate so they'll holiday in Queensland.  

3 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Don't worry.  There will be plenty of tourism.  Just not intrastate.  

There are plenty of pissed off Queenslanders (particularly Brisbaneites) who had their Christmas holidays completely destroyed who will be keen to get away from the Brisvegas any chance they can get.  They can't go overseas, they won't want to get caught interstate so they'll holiday in Queensland.  

As a queenslander I will not be booking any queensland holidays due to concern over snap lock downs.  I had 2 friends who were due to fly north on Saturday and swear blind they will not be booking any holidays.  Day trips from now on.

So now it appears that the virus has been transmitted to the apes at San Diego zoo

How long till my dog has to be signed in using the service NSW app when I take him to bunnings?

If the virus can easily jump between species, then how long till it mutates further into something truly deadly?

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

yes we had to wear masks inside a car when driving by yourself which appears to have no scientific basis to it whatsoever.  But 20,000 people at the cricket is fine and they don't need to wear a mask if they're drinking. That's not going to end well is it?

31 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

As a queenslander I will not be booking any queensland holidays due to concern over snap lock downs.  I had 2 friends who were due to fly north on Saturday and swear blind they will not be booking any holidays.  Day trips from now on.

Same.  This is the worst time of year - why would I go north when I can't swim in the sea and it's even hotter?  At least here we have a pool and it doesn't cost me anything.

42 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

I thought you were talking about Al. 

FM

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, pieman said:

1 hour ago, Cat Lady said:

be afraid, be very afraid.  The mummy mafia puts politicians in the shade when it comes to back stabbing....  It is, actually, a perfect breeding ground for future politicians.....

Yep the mummy mafia.  They are at every schools.

Always the mums that no longer work. 

Usually have a younger not at school kid.

Dressed in active wear.

Will huddle close after school drop off has finished for at least 30 minutes

Will be on the school fate committee and do no work but claim the glory.  Same parents school council

Around school pickup time, they will all stay in the school grounds with their kids playing on the school equipment for at least an hour after the final bell. In a tight cluster

Will have a keeper cup of a soy flat white or almond coffee of a morning only.  Bottle water in afternoon.

Will never accept a male in their cluster, even if one is a husband of another mummy.

Hence, The mummy mafia

• Sad 1
50 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

I'd never known extreme paranoia till I came across the Mummy Mafia.

Never experienced them (don't have kids and don't work near them).

Are they like the ladies in Big Little Lies? (if so they were scary)

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Yep the mummy mafia.  They are at every schools.

Always the mums that no longer work. 

Usually have a younger not at school kid.

Dressed in active wear.

Will huddle close after school drop off has finished for at least 30 minutes

Will be on the school fate committee and do no work but claim the glory.  Same parents school council

Around school pickup time, they will all stay in the school grounds with their kids playing on the school equipment for at least an hour after the final bell. In a tight cluster

Will have a keeper cup of a soy flat white or almond coffee of a morning only.  Bottle water in afternoon.

Will never accept a male in their cluster, even if one is a husband of another mummy.

Hence, The mummy mafia

I am in our mummy mafia

4 hours ago, Mr Tinman said:

So now it appears that the virus has been transmitted to the apes at San Diego zoo

How long till my dog has to be signed in using the service NSW app when I take him to bunnings?

If the virus can easily jump between species, then how long till it mutates further into something truly deadly?

Wasnt this covered waaaay back in the early days when they detected it in zoo lions or tigers or something? 

Then domestic cats. Then mink and such. Denmark killed off their entire mink farms didn't they? 

I mean it already jumped species when it came to us. Like most of these things. 

Edited by Turts
1 hour ago, Turts said:

Wasnt this covered waaaay back in the early days when they detected it in zoo lions or tigers or something? 

Then domestic cats. Then mink and such. Denmark killed off their entire mink farms didn't they? 

I mean it already jumped species when it came to us. Like most of these things. 

Probably

But one of these days it will jump between some other species that already has something nasty and then jump back as some kind of mutated super virus that will make everything we already know of look as benign as a hiccup

Its not a matter of if, its a matter of when.

If we haven't learnt that with this whole saga, then we will really be in trouble one day 

46 minutes ago, Mr Tinman said:

Probably

But one of these days it will jump between some other species that already has something nasty and then jump back as some kind of mutated super virus that will make everything we already know of look as benign as a hiccup

Its not a matter of if, its a matter of when.

If we haven't learnt that with this whole saga, then we will really be in trouble one day 

For sure. 

To date, we've been fortunate - whether by luck or just the way nature works. 

There have been many jump to humans - but to date have either been contagious but not too bad (like this), or very bad but not very contagious and easily controlled (ie, so bad it kills the host before it spreads too far,. 

Like ebola, bird flu, swine flu, the bat one (in qld at the moment), the horse one.

Things that are really bad for other animals don't seem to be too bad for us as our biology is different in important ways. 

But as you said, it's only a matter of time, with increasing density of humans, srtessed and genetically narrow animals, international travel and transport fo biologicals etc...........

2 hours ago, BogFrog said:

And you forgot to add that we are no interacting with more animals more often as we encroach their habitats...

And eating them.......

12 hours ago, chris said:

Looks like we in the west may not get a choice

CCD22114-A20C-43F3-AD12-7F4AEC6750A4.png

Issuing fines has no impact on those that can afford to pay and always impacts those most that can’t afford it. What next, will he say they will forcibly inject those that refuse??  Don’t get me wrong, I’m a strong supporter of vaccines but it has to be an individual choice that you manage through a no jab no play policy that’s legally enforceable. We already know that kids under 18, pregnant and breastfeeding women and immuno compromised people are likely to be excluded so there’s a group that needs to be protected and justifies the no jab no play policy. 

I think fines charged should be based on the car the person drives......

Edited by goughy