Coronavirus

3 hours ago, Prince said:

yep. lets lock down all of brissy and mess with peoples livelihoods due to 1 case. straight out of the Andrews playbook...

Andrews doesn’t do it with one case.  

affter 800 dead we would prefer this.  But he waiting to hundreds a day had it 

not defending him. I hate him 

• Like 1
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again nex

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comment

Thought I'd check in with you all. Have to say I'm struggling a bit with redundancy, the virus and its knock on effects. Trying to stay positive but feeling quite 'isolated' over here now and starting

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, roxii said:

NT doing it mid flight.

Travellers can turn around and go back or choose to quarantine. 

Australia really needs to stop this NIMBY border closure stuff and just deal with this as a nation. 

we are all in this together, unless there are votes in it.....

3 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Given QLD smugness and border shutting what did she expect?

I’ve wondered whether she deliberately named Brisbane as a hotspot with its 1 positive to force the other jurisdictions into acting? If so then that helps her slam our borders shut when [insert state or territory] also has 1 positive case. She can then say she’s acting no differently. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Turts said:

Is that because its the new strain? They already have it in HQ, right? 

I believe so, but this was outside.  And possibly infectious for days before they got sick and was tested.  Taking trains, going into the city etc.  There's no implication that they did anything wrong, in fact being thanked for getting tested as soon as they felt sick.  But such is the nature of a virus that is infectious prior to showing any symptoms, of ever any.

5 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

I beg to differ - this is Qld contact tracers. 

On another note, I understand the decision, whether I agree is another matter.  However, her comment that we should all treat it as a "nice long weekend" is totally insensitive and could only be made by someone who is: not getting married this weekend, going on holiday, in business, etc etc, and will be collecting their pay check irrespective of whether they work or not.

My cousin got married today. 10am wedding, reception finishes at 5pm.

I didn't think they ever actually specified you must wear a mask of exercising.  But I thought they said if you leave your house you must be wearing a mask.  I took that as a blanket across every reason you could be leaving your house.

1 minute ago, truck said:

Haven’t seen this are you sure? Going for a run/ride in bne summer is very different to a stroll down the road with the dog. 

I think its comes about from the lack of a mention in the exemptions from wearing a mask. 

But I reckon that decision was probably made by people who's idea of exercise is a casual walk to the local cafe for a skinny chai latte with their mid-morning brunch

4 minutes ago, truck said:

Haven’t seen this are you sure? Going for a run/ride in bne summer is very different to a stroll down the road with the dog. 

Yes, confirmed by Minister Mark Bailey on twitter who is an avid cyclist. Also saw it on another FAQ post by Qld Health.

14 minutes ago, Peter said:

Just saw. If you leave your house you have to wear a mask. Even when exercising.  On abc24 online 

wtf?   but we are Qlders....I can't run in a mask.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Prince said:

wtf?   but we are Qlders....I can't run in a mask.

Its 3 days.  You’ll survive not running. 

if you have to do it for 112 days, then Victorians will understand.  

for the record, I hope nothing comes of this and all you have to endure is 3 days at home. 

Edited by Peter
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

If you can run with a beer in your hand, you can run without a mask.  😃

have you been spying on me. 

1 minute ago, Peter said:

for the record, I hope nothing comes of this and all you have to endure is 3 days at home. 

missing Sundays run could seriously disrupt my Cairns Ironman prep. 

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Prince said:

have you been spying on me. 

Just accessing the unsecured video data from the nano-drone that ASIO has had following you for the past 2 years.

BTW: Can you please stop running without clothes on.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Just accessing the unsecured video data from the nano-drone that ASIO has had following you for the past 2 years.

BTW: Can you please stop running without clothes on.

😅😅

1 hour ago, Peter said:

But we aren’t suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Yet!
I see some parts of the media are already going for Qlds poor contact tracing and preparation. 

6 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

To the surprise of nobody...the highways out of Dodge are now giant parking lots as people attempt to escape the lockdown.

Friend just drove back from the Sunnie Coast - took him 4hrs from Maroochydore!  Probably should have stayed there for the weekend 😄

17 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

To the surprise of nobody...the highways out of Dodge are now giant parking lots as people attempt to escape the lockdown.

And spread any germies far and wide, after social mingling at the supermarkets  

4 hours ago, roxii said:

Man that was quick, even for Quick draw McGowan 

With reflexes like that India could use him as wicketkeeper. 

I'm surprised it took that long. If you have a covid case, any covid case, in your state, you can assume WA will throw you out or lock you down. 

If it's a UK super bug and they have locked down Brissy then, well, yeah.

10 minutes ago, Prince said:

Qld government has asked us to wear face masks even when driving.  I didn’t know this was a thing.  

Haha.  Its going To be a long 3 days or weeks for you.  

Tell me about it.  Two rolls of toilet paper left in the cupboard and Toowoomba has been wiped out of it, and we're not even in lockdown.  I love this town, but we are full of friggin morons.  I might be buying the local paper again this weekend....

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, goughy said:

Tell me about it.  Two rolls of toilet paper left in the cupboard and Toowoomba has been wiped out of it, and we're not even in lockdown.  I love this town, but we are full of friggin morons.  I might be buying the local paper again this weekend....

Try the guardian. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got a message from my dad in nth Ireland.

He’s 83 and just had his first jab. He’s in good health (for an 83 year old) and lives on his own, not in care. So they are getting through them over there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So am I, and our town isn't in lockdown!  Luckily the idiots up here weren't smart enough to wipe out the corner stores yet.  The lady hasn't realised panic buying had started again;  thanked my for only buying one packet, and told me to use it sparingly.

Edited by goughy

Interesting to see on a Saturday morning that construction workers and tradies are deemed to be essential workers here in Brisbane - can’t be anything to do with premium rates on a weekend can it?

• Like 1

I’m not embarrassed- being an idiot is not a state based phenomenon.  Likewise, just  as many normal people here as elsewhere.  Drove to the shopping centre at Toowong last night on the way home from work. (I’m a daily shopper as I never know what I want for dinner) Plenty of parking.  It was about 5ish and maybe 80 percent of people I saw had masks on.  Plenty of fresh fruit and veges  on the shelves.  Butcher was well stocked as well.  Didn’t go into coles but glanced in and no queues. On the drive home I saw several runners with masks on.  My daughter took the dog for a walk at the local dog park and said at 6 there was a mass exodus of non mask wearing people, replaced by mask wearing dog walkers pulling into car park.  Of course this sort of behaviour isn’t Twitter or newsworthy.

• Like 1

I think you are right Cat Lady- the proportion of idiots seems to be very evenly distributed across of states. 
Plus no one should ever be embarrassed for someone else’s behaviour 

Edited by Bosco

12 hours ago, goughy said:

12 hours ago, Prince said:

Try the guardian. 

The Guardian is an online paper only isn't it?

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, truck said:

Qld reporting zero new cases. 14700 test which I think is nearly double the norm. 

Just an existing one that came from Melbourne quarantine still "shedding" the UK Strain.  

I can't understand this.  Either she is infectious or not.  If she's infectious, how the hell was she allowed on a plane from Melbourne?  If she's not, then why all the concern?

1 minute ago, -- AJ -- said:

Just an existing one that came from Melbourne quarantine still "shedding" the UK Strain.  

I can't understand this.  Either she is infectious or not.  If she's infectious, how the hell was she allowed on a plane from Melbourne?  If she's not, then why all the concern?

OK.  Now that I've got my internet back.

So she was infectious.  This from news.com

The woman who flew from Melbourne to Queensland while infected with the UK COVID-19 strain was allowed to leave quarantine without being tested.

At the start of her hotel quarantine period in Victoria the woman tested positive to the mutant virus strain but after 10 days she was no longer showing symptoms and was allowed to leave quarantine.

Chief health officer Dr Jeanette Young said protocol meant international arrivals didn't need to be tested at the end of their quarantine period.

Can I suggest the "Protocol" might have a massive f***ing problem.

• Like 1

So with the new strain I don’t quite get how the  vaccines being rolled out have been tested on it as the testing for the vaccines had been completed before the new strain came about. 
I hope ‘they’ are telling us everything 

21 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

16 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

OK.  Now that I've got my internet back.

So she was infectious.  This from news.com

Can I suggest the "Protocol" might have a massive f***ing problem.

I heard several versions just listening to the Qld premier press conference. 

Started off saying the person had an extremely low risk as they were released as they had been symptom free and so released from HQ. 

Said the person wasn't tested on leaving HQ - but was symptom free and was 10 days after their positive test. 

Then they said she was tested as negative when left hotel quarantine in Vic, but tested positive when arrived in Brisbane. 

HQ was under the Vic protocols, but she then discussed the Qld HQ protocols of not testing on departure. 

So what is Qld protocol on testing or allowing travel by people who had served HQ and allowed to leave? Will this mean they will now add another hoop to ump through of not  eing allowed to travel internally if have been in HQ?  Or just more testing of them? 

I know it only came up as a thing this morning, but the messaging is a bit confused.  I don't think it's a good idea they update their updates based on messages they are receiving suring their speeches without any discussion first. 

Also questioning, this person tested positive on Dec 27.  How come they only know have the genomic testing that its the UK strain? The nurse in Brisbane have the genomic confirmation in a day or so, didn;t they?