Coronavirus

1 minute ago, MissJess said:

At least the border workers will get it first.

If all the quarantine workers had of had the shot we would probably be about 3 months COVID free nationally and going about our business as usual 

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again nex

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comment

Thought I'd check in with you all. Have to say I'm struggling a bit with redundancy, the virus and its knock on effects. Trying to stay positive but feeling quite 'isolated' over here now and starting

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, roxii said:

If all the quarantine workers had of had the shot we would probably be about 3 months COVID free nationally and going about our business as usual 

Just need to deal with the Australian aircrew, quarantine jumpers (some lady jumped a fence at Darwin the other day!) and diplomats who get out of doing HQ in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Yogi Bearista said:

SMH's interpretation of Scomo's announcement.

image.thumb.png.9317c82452abd75ac06c082e6baf0a06.png

There are other groups that are not included - eg Emergency services workers have been told they will be right after the health care workers.  You will see different occupations make cases (and likely be successful) to be bumped up the list - eg teachers, professional sports people, horse racing fraternity.

The average office worker / retail worker is going to be right down the list

47 minutes ago, Katz said:

You're lucky, I'm 2b. LOL

If my asthma is considered an undelying condition, then I'll be a 1B. 

Otherwise, a 2B. 

OR......... will a higher BMI be considered n underlying edical condition?  So those obese and overweight will get a 1B? 

I'm admittedly over in the BMI department.  And don't they say a vast majority of the population is? 

I’d be surprised if there isn’t also a “pay per jab” queue as well. 
I mean if people want to, or need to travel or have other reasons then I don’t see why they shouldn’t be able to get a jab out of sequence at cost providing it doesn’t impact the public rollout. 

12 minutes ago, roxii said:

I mean if people want to, or need to travel or have other reasons then I don’t see why they shouldn’t be able to get a jab out of sequence at cost providing it doesn’t impact the public rollout. 

Like Kona eh? 

You can qualify (be old, ill, inform, aged care worker etc)

You can wait your turn (legacy)

OR you can buy your way in like a corporate spot. 

32 minutes ago, roxii said:

Once the frontline people are done, I don’t have an issue with this.  

there will also be millions that will never want to get it as well. 

its why princes statement that everyone will be done by October isn’t going to happen. 

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

Once the frontline people are done, I don’t have an issue with this.  

there will also be millions that will never want to get it as well. 

its why princes statement that everyone will be done by October isn’t going to happen. 

Everyone that wants to get it will be done by October.  We have 3 vaccines in this country and going by how many thousands are currently prepared to  wait for 3 hours or more in line to get a test, the average joe is pretty motivated. 
For those who don’t want it, they should be banned from all sporting events, all concerts, and all overseas travel.  

9 minutes ago, Prince said:

Everyone that wants to get it will be done by October.  We have 3 vaccines in this country and going by how many thousands are currently prepared to  wait for 3 hours or more in line to get a test, the average joe is pretty motivated. 
For those who don’t want it, they should be banned from all sporting events, all concerts, and all overseas travel.  

You sound like John laws. 

16 minutes ago, Prince said:

I’m surprised when asking around how much reluctance/resistance there actually is. It will be interesting to see what happens to all the front line/high risk workers that refuse to take it and whether or not they’ll be moved on from those positions as a result. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Prince said:

25 minutes ago, truck said:

I’m surprised when asking around how much reluctance/resistance there actually is. It will be interesting to see what happens to all the front line/high risk workers that refuse to take it and whether or not they’ll be moved on from those positions as a result. 

Fake certificates. 

CA1D05ED-9126-40B2-9F1D-13F8143DE48B.jpeg

Vic looks to reopen nsw border next week 

Premier Daniel Andrews says Victoria's tough COVID-19 border shutdown could be relaxed as early as next week if NSW manages to contain its current outbreaks of the virus.

Mr Andrews confirmed that he had taken the controversial decision on News Year's Day to slam shut the border with just six hours' notice, saying he believed Victorians caught on the other side of the state boundary had been treated fairly.

4 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

Indonesia have taken an interesting slant on vaccination.  all workers will get vaccinated first, whilst the elderly and young will go last.  Their rationale is that by vaccinating the more mobile working population they will build herd immunity faster, and enable the economy to get back on track faster.  It's OK for old to stay at home as they do not contribute to their economy.

That argument has been thrown around over here but it misses the point (at least in the UK). First priority is taking pressure of the NHS and that doesn't happen by vaccinating the non frontline workers who don't have underlying conditions.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FatPom said:

That argument has been thrown around over here but it misses the point (at least in the UK). First priority is taking pressure of the NHS and that doesn't happen by vaccinating the non frontline workers who don't have underlying conditions.

Are you going alright with lock down, some of my mob are not happy but I think they can by alcohol and a fish supper so they should be okay

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Vic looks to reopen nsw border next week 

Premier Daniel Andrews says Victoria's tough COVID-19 border shutdown could be relaxed as early as next week if NSW manages to contain its current outbreaks of the virus.

Mr Andrews confirmed that he had taken the controversial decision on News Year's Day to slam shut the border with just six hours' notice, saying he believed Victorians caught on the other side of the state boundary had been treated fairly.

where did you get that snippet? 

I can't find a reference to it

14 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Are you going alright with lock down, some of my mob are not happy but I think they can by alcohol and a fish supper so they should be okay

Yes thanks mate, we are ok and in a lot better position than most.  Mrs FP can claim key worker status but we didn't use it (she works from home p/t and supports a pre school) and she is doing the heavy lifting on home schooling.

Little One's school is very good, full time online lessons from the classroom, no portal or just a link to the day's work, proper teaching, just with cameras. (or at least as proper as it can be).

We don't have any money or 'food on the table' worries.  Little One is missing her friends but coping really well otherwise.  I'm adapting my running to be more local, which is harder for vert without hill repeats but easier to stay safe. (I'm currently maintaining 50km p/w)

My work is crazy and this could not come at a worse time stress wise but we're all coping.  I have pulled out of Dragon's Back race though, in the end it was just time pressure that I don't need.

Shops are fully stocked and at least in my village, most seem to be doing the right thing. let's hope people are sensible and we can turn the tide on this thing.

• Like 1

Queensland Positive case.  She spent 5 days in the community with Covid and the bad uk strain. 

oh dear. Hope they get lucky again like they did with the Melbourne shoplifting women. 

guessing if you are from WA in Queensland, I’d be going home fast. 

AE4EFB58-BE99-4EF4-AD23-76AF36D70189.jpeg

I'm guessing my wife and I will be 1b??

Going for a brissie riverloop ride with my mate Saturday.  Surely my wife will put the kibosh on that....... if she finds out.....

18 minutes ago, truck said:

Word on the street is that Brisbane, Ipswich and Logan are going into lockdown from 6pm tonight. If so there must have been a lot of other positives from that hotel cleaner. 

Go hard. Go early.  

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, truck said:

Word on the street is that Brisbane, Ipswich and Logan are going into lockdown from 6pm tonight. If so there must have been a lot of other positives from that hotel cleaner. 

So I guess I'm not getting the new air-con for my study installed on Monday.  :(

Hope a cold front comes through on Monday.  

Sounds like she has been out and about while infectious (with the UK strain) since 2 January, although apparently hasn't been to any restaurants or bars so that's promising.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, -H- said:

Sounds like she has been out and about while infectious (with the UK strain) since 2 January, although apparently hasn't been to any restaurants or bars so that's promising.

Clever tactic by the government. Pay your quarantine cleaners so little they can’t afford to go out.

Genius! 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, -H- said:

Spent all day Jan 2 in the CBD (I presume working)

Just now, truck said:

She’d have been the only person there so not particularly challenging for the contact tracers

I beg to differ - this is Qld contact tracers. 

On another note, I understand the decision, whether I agree is another matter.  However, her comment that we should all treat it as a "nice long weekend" is totally insensitive and could only be made by someone who is: not getting married this weekend, going on holiday, in business, etc etc, and will be collecting their pay check irrespective of whether they work or not.

1 minute ago, Cat Lady said:

However, her comment that we should all treat it as a "nice long weekend" is totally insensitive

I wasn't real impressed with it.  Bit insensitive to those who just finished home/hotel isolation for 2 weeks after returning from the NSW hotspots.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

I beg to differ - this is Qld contact tracers. 

On another note, I understand the decision, whether I agree is another matter.  However, her comment that we should all treat it as a "nice long weekend" is totally insensitive and could only be made by someone who is: not getting married this weekend, going on holiday, in business, etc etc, and will be collecting their pay check irrespective of whether they work or not.

Couldn’t agree more. She also made reference to spending it with family - all sounded like this surreal Brady bunch world. Unfortunately a lot of people don’t live like that. 

59 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

I wasn't real impressed with it.  Bit insensitive to those who just finished home/hotel isolation for 2 weeks after returning from the NSW hotspots.

She’s a horrible public speaker.  

Fark people are retards.  

Its 3 days. And beyond that they said one of the reasons to go out is for shopping. So why rush now.  

just wait a few days. People won’t starve in 3 days.  

B8F44CE2-2EE4-4FEE-9D7D-ED838AEEE485.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Merv said:

Anyone know the exercise restrictions in brisbane over the weekend ?

exercise is banned. you must sit on your couch and watch Netflix or the cricket. 

but seriously, pools and gyms will be closed as are all events. I think you can go out and run/cycle though but not in planned groups

Edited by Prince
2 hours ago, truck said:

Message from the CHO seems to be we’re looking for lots of people and can’t find them. So if you all stay at home then that will make it easier.  

yep. lets lock down all of brissy and mess with peoples livelihoods due to 1 case. straight out of the Andrews playbook...

4 minutes ago, Prince said:

yep. lets lock down all of brissy and mess with peoples livelihoods due to 1 case. straight out of the Andrews playbook...

It’s better than that. She basically said it’ll give them the time to find people so basically they need 3 days. Wonder if that’s ‘gold standard’?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Peter said:

its 3 days. And beyond that they said one of the reasons to go out is for shopping. So why rush now.  

In our case, its because we usually do the weekly shopping on a Saturday.  We have absolutely stuff all in the cupboards at the moment.  

Knowing the lemming mentality of society, Mrs AJ went to do the shopping today to get something to last us over the weekend so we don't have to go out at all.  But she's given up in frustration.

9 minutes ago, Prince said:

That should probably be rephrased to 1 known case.  We've always suspected that there were cases out there but they were never found.

And I wouldn't be putting money on a South Australian type reprieve if they don't find anything

1 minute ago, -- AJ -- said:

In our case, its because we usually do the weekly shopping on a Saturday.  We have absolutely stuff all in the cupboards at the moment.  

Knowing the lemming mentality of society, Mrs AJ went to do the shopping today to get something to last us over the weekend so we don't have to go out at all.  But she's given up in frustration.

just came from shopping. it was insane.  I haven't seen quees like that at the checkouts.  I only had a few things, so I sailed through the express checkout. no que, yet the self service checkouts was about 50 deep

36 minutes ago, gregb said:

Lock down to slow spread of virus, but first, lets pack hordes of people into the supermarkets. 

you would think the big supermarkets would have implemented a strategy for all stores to follow.  For example. in the event of a snap lock down, employ a security guard to limit number of people into store: 2: masks are mandatory: 3 - maybe should be 1 - place a purchasing limit on all shoppers to prevent the ridiculous shortages.  Just my opinion.

33 minutes ago, chris said:

Boom border shut to qld from wa

Man that was quick, even for Quick draw McGowan 

With reflexes like that India could use him as wicketkeeper. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, chris said:

Boom border shut to qld from wa

And not just Anna’s declared hotspots it’s all of Qld. Tas and NT have also locked us out. NSW making a point of saying they don’t shut the border in a knee jerk reaction. Hmmm, wonder who that’s aimed at?  Bread completely sold out here, bakers requiring a prepay for bread at 9am tomorrow morning. Yes this is a first world country. 

NT doing it mid flight.

Travellers can turn around and go back or choose to quarantine. 

Australia really needs to stop this NIMBY border closure stuff and just deal with this as a nation. 

• Like 4