Coronavirus

interesting and sad data  

Just 388 people aged under 60 with no underlying health conditions have died of Covid-19 in England's hospitals since the start of the pandemic, NHS data has showed. 

The figures show that 1,979 previously healthy people died in hospitals in England after testing positive for Covid-19 between April 2 and December 23.

Just 338 of these people were aged 40 to 59, with another 44 aged between 20 and 39, and just six under the age of 19, according to the data.

Meanwhile 45,770 deaths were recorded among those with pre-existing conditions, of which 21 were aged under 20, 263 were between 20 and 39 and 2,926 were aged between 40 and 59.  

B5FC3E70-CCC9-4787-8BCE-4BCCF64EE8D9.jpeg

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again nex

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comment

Thought I'd check in with you all. Have to say I'm struggling a bit with redundancy, the virus and its knock on effects. Trying to stay positive but feeling quite 'isolated' over here now and starting

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Peter said:

interesting and sad data  

Just 388 people aged under 60 with no underlying health conditions have died of Covid-19 in England's hospitals since the start of the pandemic, NHS data has showed. 

The figures show that 1,979 previously healthy people died in hospitals in England after testing positive for Covid-19 between April 2 and December 23.

Just 338 of these people were aged 40 to 59, with another 44 aged between 20 and 39, and just six under the age of 19, according to the data.

Meanwhile 45,770 deaths were recorded among those with pre-existing conditions, of which 21 were aged under 20, 263 were between 20 and 39 and 2,926 were aged between 40 and 59.  

B5FC3E70-CCC9-4787-8BCE-4BCCF64EE8D9.jpeg

Interesting to also note that 25% of poms have an underlying health condition.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.08.24.20179192v1&ved=2ahUKEwiMvs2qxvDtAhUJyzgGHcXEBewQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1C1y9G20DdmuuWOEWnwxan

• Thanks 2
On 27/12/2020 at 7:26 PM, -- AJ -- said:

Personally, I don't agree with Wollongong being on that list at all and realistically its hard to justify having the Shire on there either.  But thats the decision that Gladys made and the flow on effects of that decision have impacted plenty.

167A5CDB-FEE9-4CCE-AD87-70B89B2A9EE8.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Peter said:

167A5CDB-FEE9-4CCE-AD87-70B89B2A9EE8.jpeg

Yes saw that this morning.  Amazing how things change in a couple of days.  2 Days ago there wasn't any reason for listing Wollongong as there hadn't been a case.  Today,  theres plenty of reason to have Wollongong listed.

Just makes me glad I got out when I did. 

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Merv said:

Reckon cricket Australia may have jumped the gun having the 3rd test in Sydney

Sydney. Outdoor gatherings limited to 30 ...except of course a ticketed event which will allow 24,000 to attend.

SCG Test attendance forecast 24,000..

1 hour ago, Merv said:

Reckon cricket Australia may have jumped the gun having the 3rd test in Sydney

Reckon they can have the Test in Sydney but having any spectators is a horrible decision considering that it doesn't appear that they have the current outbreak under control and that some people in NSW just don't seem to care.

13 minutes ago, Peter said:

However a test cricket match with 24k people - No problem 

Given they couldn't stop 9 (or is it 12) people from the northern beaches from going into the CBD for a wedding, how the hell are they going to vet those 24K people per day to make sure they're not from a locked down hotspot?

Tell Gladys shes dreaming.

On 23/12/2020 at 8:20 PM, goughy said:

I completely agree that luck, or lack of, has played a big part for all of us.  And the fact Australia is so removed from most of the rest of the world.

NSW looks like their luck might be coming to an end.  

I hope I’m wrong. 

Edited by Peter
3 minutes ago, Peter said:

NSW looks like their luck might be coming to an end.  

I hope I’m wrong. 

Yep as much as I have applauded their efforts on most fronts I have said previously I don’t get the reluctance to mandate masks on public transport and indoor public environments.

As per usual though it seems pubs clubs and churches are the hot houses. 

Yep. I’m not sure what we are at down here with no cases (60 days?). And its still Masks indoors.  

coles Bunnings Kmart etc....  masks. Not sure about churches etc...  

its the Middle road.  You don’t want to get to masks at all times.  Walking the dog at 8pm with a mask on with no one around is stupid. But we had to do it. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Peter said:

Oh well it was nice whilst it lasted in Victoria. 

Sydney germs finally made it to Victoria. 

Duckit. 

Northern Beaches people have no idea what "stay at home" means, and GB didn't help matters by still allowing so much movement . 

Mandatory masks in supermarkets and such are so complacent here. I do, but im in the minority. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, -H- said:

Thanks heaps, Sydney ****ers 😡

And still no mandatory masks there, what do they think is going to happen 

Wait till new years eh? 

Asking and expecting people not to gather on new years is wishful thinking. 

#### Sydney

I ducked out (in the Gong) today to the corner shop and the post office.  I whacked a mask on going inside both.  6-10 ppl in each counting staff and customers.  Mostly over 50s.  I was the only mask.  Within 2kms of Figtree Grove.  I have concluded people still don't care, even with it confirmed in our midst.

24k a day at the cricket, coming from all points, with this attitude should keep things in check.

• Sad 1

Somebody can correct my timeline If I've missed something but...

How is it that the Blue Mountains Pharmacy was notified that they had a covid positive staff member, shut the pharmacy, performed a deep clean, announced the positive result on social media and reopened all before NSW Health publicly announced that the pharmacy had a positive case?

My understanding is that the Pharmacy reopened at midday but NSW health didn't announce it till at least a couple of hours after that

2 hours ago, -H- said:

Thanks heaps, Sydney ****ers 😡

And still no mandatory masks there, what do they think is going to happen 

Good one coming from a Melbournite. Last time I checked we are all Australians and the virus comes in from overseas and our need to trade with the rest of the world and be compassionate to allow Australians to return home. Let's not play the state vs state card. Let's help each other

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I just dont get why people have such an issue wearing masks when the health professionals & scientists say wearing masks are effective?

Ask the guitar shop up here!  They seem to know more than the health professionals...

• Sad 1
22 minutes ago, Mr Flower said:

Good one coming from a Melbournite. Last time I checked we are all Australians and the virus comes in from overseas and our need to trade with the rest of the world and be compassionate to allow Australians to return home. Let's not play the state vs state card. Let's help each other

If people can just stay home when it's in the local community, it doesn't spread. We've been two months with no community transmission here, but people in NSW don't seem to get that yet 

The thing I find most amazing is that people seem surprised that people flaunt the rules. 
Of course they will, some  feel they are above the rules, don’t believe in COVID or don’t care. That’s life. 

People will do the wrong thing, people will make mistakes and the other 98% of us will try and do the right thing yet still wear the consequences of the other 2%. 
Welcome to “society” 

And H, I assume you meant to call us Sydney “truckers” just like the MELB ones. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, roxii said:

And H, I assume you meant to call us Sydney “truckers” just like the MELB ones. :lol: 

Sydney slackers? Or something like that. 

Forgive me for being a bit cross but we've been through this before and don't really want to revisit it, I thought people might have learned by now but it seems not. Wear a mask and wash your hands, stay home if you're told to. Not hard really. 

1 hour ago, Mr Flower said:

We are all in this together. 

except for Western Australia and Queensland and South Australia and tassie.  Or Scomo who is mia again.  

but other than those, we are all in this together 

Edited by Peter
  • Haha 1
59 minutes ago, roxii said:

The thing I find most amazing is that people seem surprised that people flaunt the rules. 
Of course they will, some  feel they are above the rules, don’t believe in COVID or don’t care. That’s life. 

My post was more amazement at the apathy of the vunerable.  A few obese people and a few 20+ years older than me, the lady in front at the PO was both.  I'd likely have minimal issues with the virus but was wearing a mask more with them in mind, and solidarity for the cause.

Edited by Diamonds

It's blowing out again everywhere including Vic.

Our youngest lives in Croydon.  Family Tassy trip mid-Jan def a goner now.

How long will this crap go on?  Could be years. Still can't see an end-game under the current approach.  Even with a vaccine, how many people will refuse to have it?  Seems to me at some stage, they'll have to take the brakes off and let it run its course.

13 hours ago, -- AJ -- said:

How is it that the Blue Mountains Pharmacy was notified that they had a covid positive staff member, shut the pharmacy, performed a deep clean, announced the positive result on social media and reopened all before NSW Health publicly announced that the pharmacy had a positive case?

My understanding is that the Pharmacy reopened at midday but NSW health didn't announce it till at least a couple of hours after that

There seems to be a delay with the information going up on the site...at least some of the places are open and honest enough to post on social media. Rhodes Waterside posted up about their case prior as well.

I cannot believe the people going around Sydney shopping centres without masks. 😡

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

It's blowing out again everywhere including Vic.

Our youngest lives in Croydon.  Family Tassy trip mid-Jan def a goner now.

How long will this crap go on?  Could be years. Still can't see an end-game under the current approach.  Even with a vaccine, how many people will refuse to have it?  Seems to me at some stage, they'll have to take the brakes off and let it run its course.

I and other reckon 2 more years of this shit

43 minutes ago, chris said:

I and other reckon 2 more years of this shit

Seems that way.

3 minutes ago, Turts said:

So the 3 cases in Melbourne came form the Sydney NB cluster. 

Then they went to the Boxing Day sales at Fountaingate. 

Oh bugger. 

How were they in Melb?  Did they get there before the NB travel ban?

3 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

How were they in Melb?  Did they get there before the NB travel ban?

They would have id say. Dan gave a couple of days notice for Victorians to get home, nicely asking people who were travelling from there to self isolate for 14 days from when they were there. 

Guess they thought sales were more important.  Or, they were there on the 12th (this thing started on the 11th). 

Then again, thi

With the information they must surely have by now I don’t know why they don’t have a traffic light system for places of likely infection. 
Red being pubs clubs, eateries and churches (if that’s the case) 

Orange for shopping centres 

Green for outdoor spaces 

then mandate PPE requirements based on these 

51 minutes ago, Turts said:

So the 3 cases in Melbourne came form the Sydney NB cluster. 

Then they went to the Boxing Day sales at Fountaingate. 

Oh bugger. 

Apparently the 3 involved hadn’t been out of the State so either Vic still has it or they got it from someone else who had been in NSW. 

3 minutes ago, truck said:

Apparently the 3 involved hadn’t been out of the State so either Vic still has it or they got it from someone else who had been in NSW. 

The latter 

6 minutes ago, truck said:

1 minute ago, -H- said:

The latter 

Yep, just read that. 

Those 3 got it form one person who had travelled back from NSW and ate at the Blackrock cafe

So case in point as to why we can’t rely on people to do the right thing. 
Today I was selling a surf ski. 
Guy came to meet me in the shire. Bought the ski and as we were strapping it on the roof I ask if he has far to go. 
He is from Northern Beaches. 
I ask if he is supposed to be out?

His reply is “only if you believe in that shit” 

He also doesn’t trust the vaccine and won’t take it, and also thinks “they” think that the optimum population of earth is half a billion people and they are working to get rid of the rest of “us” 

I was glad I didn’t give him a discount, jumped in my car, sanitised to buggery then drive off.

Yes they are out there. :huh:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
4 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Even with a vaccine, how many people will refuse to have it?  Seems to me at some stage, they'll have to take the brakes off and let it run its course.

I would assume they'll be after that 70% herd immunity figure.  They know they won't get everyone.  Maybe the same as they should be doing with kids; you can choose not to be vaccinated, but only those that get vaccinated get the family tax benefit, etc etc.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, roxii said:

He also doesn’t trust the vaccine and won’t take it, and also thinks “they” think that the optimum population of earth is half a billion people and they are working to get rid of the rest of “us” 

Someone I know has been selling that line to me too. 

Calls it the "Great Reset".......... a consiracy of rich folks like Bill Gates to depopulate the earth, reset international travel, big events etc. 

Also mentioned "Agenda 21"

1 hour ago, goughy said:

I would assume they'll be after that 70% herd immunity figure.  They know they won't get everyone.  Maybe the same as they should be doing with kids; you can choose not to be vaccinated, but only those that get vaccinated get the family tax benefit, etc etc.

But will the 70% who are "immune" infect the 30% who aren't?  I've heard the vaccine won't stop us getting the virus but will just stop us getting sick from it ...

1 hour ago, Bosco said:

I’ll take the vaccine. I take the flu vaccine every year. I have had flu 2 out of last 3 years. Last years really knocked me. Vaccine will not erradicate COVId-19, it may lesson symptoms. Which should also lesson spread. 

Wifey and I are both in the "high risk" category and get the flu vaccine for free, so I wonder how early we'll be able to get it?